“Beautiful courtyard”
Review of Cafe Monarch

Cafe Monarch
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Monarch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,292 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$65 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Café Monarch, in Old Town Scottsdale, is a family-owned and operated restaurant offering an ultra-romantic setting for your birthday, anniversary, special occasion, or extravagant night out. The four-course menu is altered weekly by Chef Gus Lewkowicz, using only seasonal and local ingredients. All servers are trained and certified sommeliers with extensive wine knowledge. *Reservation Only *Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten free restrictions can be accommodated *Due to the high demand for outdoor seating we cannot guarantee or reserve courtyard seating. We will do our very best to accommodate requests when possible. Thank you for your understanding!
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great food. Set four course menu for $55.00 which represented very good value. Staff very well Informed and helpful particularly the sommelier. A gorgeous courtyard out the back is not visible from street but is so lovely

1  Thank Rosa F

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is amazing! The patio is so quaint and perfect with its palm tree "walls" and candlelit chandeliers all around. It's the perfect cozy and intimate dining experience! The prefix menu is perfect because all you have to do is show up, no decisions to be made. And all the food is fresh and natural! When we made our reservations they ask for food/diet restrictions (I try to eat gluten free and my husband doesn't eat meat), They happily accommodated! The food was delicious and I was stuffed but had to keep eating because it was soo good! As the menu changes weekly, you could come once a week and have an entirely different experience, which I love! Will be back soon!

1  Thank Rb248706
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is by far one of the most unique dining experiences I have ever had. A perfect, four course menu that changes weekly for only $55 per person. Add in wine pairings for another $30 or so and you have a truly fine meal for 30% to 40% than most fine dining restaurants.

If you visit, you must sit out on the patio to really appreciate the restaurant. The patio is softly lit with overhead lighting and candles. The patio seating cannot be guaranteed, so I would recommend visiting on a weeknight to improve your chances. I would not be disappointed sitting in the dining room. The room is (to me) a French Country cottage, with elegantly appointed tabletops and the expected Monarch butterflies.

Do not miss Café Monarch if you are visiting Scottsdale.

1  Thank Matt G
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We dined here Friday night. Great price fix menu offering a choice of fish, which looked beautiful, and rib eye steak. We has the latter, which was perfection. Beautiful, amazing watermelon salad to start. Dessert was a lemon cake, which was delicious. Wine list was excellent. We had a nicely prized Zinfandel, which was excellent. Waiter was a total pro. Sat in a beautiful patio with candles everywhere. There were couples there for a romantic evening, Scottsdale retirees, visitors and residents. We'd been here for lunch years ago and great to see their expansion. Dinner here last week ranks in our top 20 best meals in our life.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Probably one of the best dining experiences I had in a long time in Scottsdale. The atmosphere is beautiful and the attention to detail is everywhere. The outside sitting area has many candles, a water cooling feature, and natural vines that are growing on the walls. They have somehow managed to keep this area extremely cool even in the Phoenix summer. The inside is very intimate and be sure to check out the vintage Bar. The service is top notch as our server was well aware of the wines that were available and helped our table pick the right ones based on various palettes. Everything was delivered promptly and we had fun talking with the server. Be sure to try the cucumber martini, it was deadly delicious. My family and I are pescatarians so that was not a problem requesting fish. Being someone who cooks constantly, I appreciated all the little touches throughout the various courses. There were plenty of unique surprises rather than just showcasing a salad, a protein, and a desert - instead everything is perfectly executed and beyond expectations. My family and I had a lot of fun eating at Cafe Monarch, we will definitely be back soon.

1  Thank dezelon