Harkins Camelview 14 Theatre
Review Highlights
Independent films presented

Camelview remains, to my knowledge, the lone theater that offers independent films in greater... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Paul R
Wonderful Movie Night!

Reviewed 8 October 2018
AZUhl2
Tempe, Arizona

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 week ago

Camelview remains, to my knowledge, the lone theater that offers independent films in greater Phoenix.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

This theater is further away from us, so we don't go here as often, but it is a treat when we do! The seats are assigned, so there are no worries about not having a great view. We liked the pizza, too.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Great movie selection with classics every night. Super new and super clean with all new hip stylish interiors. Even the bathrooms are stylish and chic. GREAT place to see a movie!!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Our family loves to go here for movies. We drive from Cave Creek because we get to reserve seats & enjoy better food. Easy covered parking, cool mall, & comfort make it our favorite.

1  Thank John N
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed seeing a movie. There were no technical or temp problems. The restrooms were very clean. The only complain I would have is the recliner seat have a very long bottom cushion which is not comfortable for shot patrons. I am 5’8” and my wife 5’4” and neither of us could reach the seat backs. definitely time to bring a pillow!

1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Camelview is a beautiful new theatre complex with several food and drink options, and a great outdoor patio over looking Scottsdale - it's really an experience! I love being able to reserve seats on-line in advance, so you don't have to arrive super early to get a good seat, And the reclining seats are wonderful! The theatre, lobby area and restrooms are all clean, and it is an elevated movie experience. It is in the Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall, so you can make a day or evening of it.

1  Thank Roberta R
Reviewed 23 December 2017

While this reviewer is a bit partial to IPIC because of the food and luxury blankets/pillows, I was pleasantly surprised by the offerings. Harkin's has been in the valley for a long time and I am a fan! This theater is one I would defiantly spend the money on to see the block busters. More affordable then IPIC yet still luxurious. The food, coffee, deserts and bar are all above standard and the seats are really comfortable. The visual and audio are above standard and inches past the IPIC experience there. Will defiantly be going back!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Sure it's appears to be nicer and more extravagant than the old Camelview, but the old camel view had style... loved the two large theatre screens at the old Camelview, and i loved the price. I don't need all the extravagant overpriced food items nor the huge lobby. Give me good movies...which unfortunately are only shown in Scottsdale, and a good price so i can return often. !4 dollars for a movie is ridiculous no matter how nice the recliners.. will be waiting to watch the movies at home most of the time now. Desperation on the parts of the movie industry that these types of theatre will save them, it won't, any more than convenience will not save the cable and satellite tv companies in the long run. Very sad

2  Thank northernk
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Just visited the Harkins Camelview with my son. While this is a very nice theater, I was just informed of a "policy" change that Harkins has decided to charge everyone who purchased their ticket coupons at Costco an extra $3 per ticket. While the fine print on the ticket clearly gives Dan Harkin the right to reach into your pocket and grab an extra $3, he never did this before, which has been very nice. While I will not argue the legal implications of not enforcing a contractural provision for years and then suddenly enforcing it, suffice to say I will be following my "new policy" of not going to Harkins as much and just waiting a bit for new movies to com out on video. Full price at the Canelview is $14 a ticket, which means a family of 4 would pay $56 to see a movie, before you factor in the cost of bad popcorn and drinks. While the recliners at the Camelview are very nice, better to wait a bit and rent movies for $2 and watch them on your 60 inch+ screen from your own recliner. From a perspective standpoint, half the screens at the Camelview do not provide a significantly better immersive viewing experience as they are smaller. I can't imagine that anyone who purchased their Harkins tickets through Costco will want to continue going to Camelview and may even react negatively to the Harkins brand. Dan Harkins really needs to take a hard look at his price point and seriously consider lowering it. In addition to watching movies at home, he faces competition from other innovative movie going experiences and he should consider more comfortable reclining seats a cost to be competitive and not try to "nickel and dime" his loyal customers. While I may continue to see movies at Camelview because it is a great theater, I will no longer be going every weekend and reserve this treat for just the rare occasion when an epic like Star Wars comes out, and I recommend that the rest of the Costco crowd do the same. Shame on you Dan Harkins!

4  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Here you can get your standard movie snacks.
But if you want a barista made coffee??
Small plate meals are valuable.
Want a cocktail before during or after the movie...yes there is a full bar.
The theater is connected to the mall and numerous restaurants,so you can spend many hours here.