“The summer rates are a true bargain!!”

Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 5 June 2008

We love this older resort. The summer rates are an unbeatablet bargain. The suites are beautiful, & the beds are super comfortable.

Our only dissappointment has been our dining experiences at the properties restaurant- Remington's. The service is wonderful, but the food is so-so and very expensive.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Scottsdale Plaza Resort

Reviewed 25 May 2008

As a frequent business traveler, (75+ nights/year) I usually stay at one of the larger hotel chains, but recently decided to stay at this hotel during a recent trip due to a special $97 negotiated group rate for a conference I was attending on the property.

The staff at this hotel was generally friendly and the grounds were very nice and spacious, but overall I had a very poor experience and would not recommend this hotel.

Rooms were quite run-down, nothing "luxury" about them for sure.

Noise was a big problem during my stay as the hotel was full of several parties of college-aged students partying and making noise late into the night, something that the hotel seemed disinterested in doing anything about. On 2 of the 3 mornings f my stay, I came out of my room to witness beer bottles, clothing and other misc debris scattered across the otherwise nice grounds of the property.

To top it off for me, the hotel's cleaners ruined one of my shirts by shrinking it several sizes, something that the hotel refused to do anything about.

Based-upon these experiences, I can not recommend this hotel unless expense is your primary concern and you get the $97 rate.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Like one of the other reviews this was the first time I've ever really been disappointed with my room booking through Priceline. It definitely was NOT a 4-star and we were supposedly upgraded to a suite within the hotel! 4-star suite my butt, who do they think they're kidding!!

Cons:
- room smelled musty
- bathroom was moldy
- the bedroom was incredibly small with a comforter that looked about 50 years old
- nasty stained blanket in closest
- could hear the ENTIRE conversation of the person in the room next to us AND what they were watching on tv
- room was a pretty good distance from the front lobby, restaurants, (had to actually drive from lobby to get to room), etc
- paid $165 on Priceline!!

I was supposed to be on vacation and wanted a nice room, this was worse then I could have expected. Instead of staying 4 days like I booked on Priceline I left after one night and the only reason we stayed the one night was because we got there at 10pm! Tried complaining to Priceline, got NO result, refuted the charges on my credit card and booked another hotel.

This is a warning not only for that hotel but for Priceline as well!!

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 4 May 2008

Attended a training conference April 28 - May 2, 2008. This wasn't a vacation! Upon arrival at the resort via shuttle from Phoenix's airport ($20 includes gratuity and is billed to your room), we were instructed to leave our luggage outside and enter the lobby to check in. After check-in, we went back outside and our luggage was loaded into a golf cart. I figured this was a courtesy of the hotel, since it was 99 degrees on April 28 and they didn't want us to suffer heat stroke. Maybe, maybe not, but there was an $8.00 "porterage" charge on my bill. So the golf cart is or isn't an option?

Also, they charge you $2.00 daily for the maid. Hey, that's not a problem, but I wish they had told me - I left three bucks every morning (and yes, she took it). Basket of snacks is ridiculously over-priced ($8 for a bottle of mineral water, $3.75 for a mini-can of Pringles, $3.50 for a small bag of M&M's) - don't eat the snacks!! $45 if you want to buy the scratchy robe - nope!

I visited the business center to use their computer to check my e-mails. $1.00 per minute of use and extra for printouts. Come on! Also, we were instructed to bring a FedEx box and/or label so we could send home the giant binder of materials, and even with a pre-paid label on a box, some of my colleagues were told there would be a $5.00 "handling fee" assessed. What, for FedEx to come pick up the box?

Rooms were dark and very dated. A/C was loud, and I could hear the guy in the room next to me - every yawn, cough and fart.

Grounds were meticulous and pretty. Five pools, but I never used them. And you'd best have a car with you - you can't go anywhere without one.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2008

We took an internal flight from LAs Vegas to Phoenix, and had not booked any accomodation, when we got there we Scottsdale Plaza Resort, when driving up and down Scottsdale Road.

Anyway Hotel really nice, our room overlooked the tennis and putting green on the second floor, it was a lovely room, the staff were brilliant nothing was to much trouble.

I would reccommend staying at this hotel if you want to chill out hotel in good location.

If we visit phoenix again we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Definitely do not pay more than $75 per night to stay here. We paid more through Priceline and expected a much better quality hotel. Room was dark and very dated. Bathroom needed to have a good mold removal and paint job. Carpets were very worn. AC unit was loud! Only saving grace was the bed - it was comfortable. Since we only stayed 2 nights, we put up with it, but had it been longer, we would have just left and gone somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CL11815
Reviewed 28 April 2008

I booked with Priceline and paid only $72 per night for a Saturday and Sunday night. When I arrived, I realized I made an error in my booking. The hotel staff was very accomodating and worked with Priceline to get things straight. Rooms were clean, not totally updated, good beds, showers were a littel dark.
What made the experience was the wonderfully landscaped and manicured grounds. There was staff constantly cleaning and trimming the entire facility. The pool and hot tub were great.
I have stayed at the Scottsdale Princess for 5 times the rate and I would say that the Plaza, on a smaller scale, is a better choice for people that want to spend their money doing other things.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple