“Nice stay”

Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I spent a week here, and enjoyed my stay thoroughly. It's true that the place is somewhat dated, but the staff was pleasant and the property well kept. Rooms are spacious! I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We hope you were able to take advantage of the pools to stay cool during your visit. Thanks for choosing to spend your week with us. We definitely look forward to you visiting again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Granted we only spent one night because we were on our way to Las Vegas for a concert. We will definitely be back. Overall, the rooms were very clean and very spacious. Grounds were kept up and pool near the front office is very nice and very crystal clear.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

We appreciate your positive feedback and welcome you to visit again anytime! We hope you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas. Thank you for choosing the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and very helpful. The grounds are pretty and the main pool is very nice. The only complaint I have is that the rooms are a bit dated. I felt like I had been transported back to the 1980s. I was there on business, and the meeting room was very nice. It had stadium seating which is a great idea.

Room Tip: This property is very spread out, so get a place close to the main building unless you don't min...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CT1970
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ experience and property, so will be sure to document your input. We work hard to maintain our property and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grounds. We hope that you will visit us again, for business or for pleasure, in the near future. Thank you for choosing The Scottsdale Plaza Resort.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stay here with a large group as part of a 4 day event. We booked with our group coordinator about 3 months in advance. The day we arrived, I got a message that they were going to "walk" us, not literally, to a nearby resort (.8 mile away) as they were short rooms. We were comped the 2 nights, that we were displaced which was good. Although, the resort we were moved to was a lower level resort. And our activities for the event were back at the plaza which made the logistics tricky. On Friday, we were moved back. Although, we had to check out of the Cottonwoods, and didn't get our room at the Plaza till just after 4 pm. I have registered a complaint through our group coordinator about how we were treated by a front desk person on Friday afternoon, who needs serious customer service training. That being said, our suite was very nice as usual. Maid service was late at 4:25 pm on Saturday. The maid did a great job and everything was very clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

We are very sorry about the issues surrounding your reservation. We are aware of the significant challenges that occurred over your stay and even more so disappointed in what transpired. We never anticipate that level of overcrowding and regret to hear it had a negative impact on the experience of our guests. We are making every effort possible to ensure it does not happen again. We appreciate your business and apologize for the unfortunate timing. We would be privileged to accommodate you and all of our guests in the future and hope you may give us the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was surprisingly just what it was supposed to be. Nicely appointed, clean, comfortable. The grounds offered a lovely place to get some exercise. I swam laps in the main pool. It was off season - so things were pretty quiet. The staff was very helpful. We ate at the restaurant - it was good. The resort was very convenient to shopping and restaurants across the street. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank suz236
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for the kind words! We are delighted that you had such a pleasant experience with us, as we are constantly seeking ways to exceed our guests’ expectations. We hope that you will think of us again for your next business trip or plan a visit for rest and relaxation. Thank you for choosing The Scottsdale Plaza Resort.

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I booked this for one night on my road trip from Austin to Palm Springs. I believe I got this on Priceline for about $120 - and I specifically chose it because I had my dog with me.

I really liked that each room had it's own door to the outside. Like, actually outside! The woman who helped check me in was extremely helpful and got me a room on the first floor and I was able to park right in front the door to my room.

The room was clean, my breakfast was quick, good and still hot!

If you like Scottsdale (I mean, enough to say, "Hey, let's go to Scottsdale!" as opposed to, "Hey, let's go to Disneyland!" or some other destination people usually travel to ) I'd recommend this place. If you're just passing through (with or without your pup), I'd recommend it too.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank remeroo

We work very hard to ensure that our guests’ experiences are in line with our standards. We're happy to hear that you and your dog enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again in the future, and will be able to stay more than one night to take advantage of our great restaurants and amenities. Thank you for the great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Scottsdale Plaza Resort!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This has been our favorite place to stay for many years in Phoenix area. We were just here in March, and are now here in July. They have done a great job of painting and renovation, and we were very impressed with the looks of the place. We were aware of the main pool being closed but had great quiet time at the other pools they have. Parking near your room is a big plus also without walking a long distance so that valets have to park your car like at some of the other big resort hotels here. For adults looking for a nice place with pool options and not a ton of kids running around this works great. Beds are a little hard and uncomfortable but the king suites give a better one.

Room Tip: Get the king suite or patio suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry J
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with us and are such a loyal customer. We appreciate your feedback on our renovations as we are continually striving to improve our guests’ overall experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Scottsdale Plaza Resort again in the near future!