“Great place to stay...wish I had more time.”

Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I flew to Phoenix for a 24 hour business trip and booked Scottsdale Plaza Resort through Hotwire. I was flexible so I didn't pre-pick the property and took the $$ savings. Paid about $95; that was including the resort taxes and was very impressed. The property from the outside looked like an exclusive resort or country club. The lobby area was immaculate and felt very welcoming. The pool area was very large and nicely done; unfortunately being pressed for time I didn't get to enjoy it but it looked very clean and well maintained. The grounds were also very clean and nicely landscaped and put out a peaceful and relaxing vibe. The buildings were overall well kept, inside and out. Being alone I booked the basic room which was small but comfortable and nicely appointed. The TV worked fine and the beds were comfortable with clean linens. The bathroom was not up to the standard of the rest of the room but still clean. I took the opportunity to have a beer in the bar and it was decent. I didn't have the chance to eat there however so cant comment on that. Overall it was a very relaxing experience and if I were to visit Phoenix again soon I would like to take my family there.

Room Tip: Get a view of the nearby mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stopped here for 3 days and wasn't disappointed. The bedroom was big, clean and well appointed. Food was very good, and breakfast service in particular was friendly with quality food. I'm not sure I get the reference to being dated, yes the place gets a lot of use (as it is very popular), but it wasn't tired. Reception was very helpful and professional. I found the bedroom air conditioning unit above my room (504) a little noisy at night but, for the price, a good place to visit. Had this hotel been in Europe I wouldn't have hesitated to score it a 5, the Arizona Grand just has a slight edge over it (albeit more expensive than the amount I paid) so I think a 4.5 is in order.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank spc1
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I spent a week here, and enjoyed my stay thoroughly. It's true that the place is somewhat dated, but the staff was pleasant and the property well kept. Rooms are spacious! I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We hope you were able to take advantage of the pools to stay cool during your visit. Thanks for choosing to spend your week with us. We definitely look forward to you visiting again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Granted we only spent one night because we were on our way to Las Vegas for a concert. We will definitely be back. Overall, the rooms were very clean and very spacious. Grounds were kept up and pool near the front office is very nice and very crystal clear.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

We appreciate your positive feedback and welcome you to visit again anytime! We hope you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas. Thank you for choosing the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and very helpful. The grounds are pretty and the main pool is very nice. The only complaint I have is that the rooms are a bit dated. I felt like I had been transported back to the 1980s. I was there on business, and the meeting room was very nice. It had stadium seating which is a great idea.

Room Tip: This property is very spread out, so get a place close to the main building unless you don't min...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CT1970
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ experience and property, so will be sure to document your input. We work hard to maintain our property and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grounds. We hope that you will visit us again, for business or for pleasure, in the near future. Thank you for choosing The Scottsdale Plaza Resort.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stay here with a large group as part of a 4 day event. We booked with our group coordinator about 3 months in advance. The day we arrived, I got a message that they were going to "walk" us, not literally, to a nearby resort (.8 mile away) as they were short rooms. We were comped the 2 nights, that we were displaced which was good. Although, the resort we were moved to was a lower level resort. And our activities for the event were back at the plaza which made the logistics tricky. On Friday, we were moved back. Although, we had to check out of the Cottonwoods, and didn't get our room at the Plaza till just after 4 pm. I have registered a complaint through our group coordinator about how we were treated by a front desk person on Friday afternoon, who needs serious customer service training. That being said, our suite was very nice as usual. Maid service was late at 4:25 pm on Saturday. The maid did a great job and everything was very clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

We are very sorry about the issues surrounding your reservation. We are aware of the significant challenges that occurred over your stay and even more so disappointed in what transpired. We never anticipate that level of overcrowding and regret to hear it had a negative impact on the experience of our guests. We are making every effort possible to ensure it does not happen again. We appreciate your business and apologize for the unfortunate timing. We would be privileged to accommodate you and all of our guests in the future and hope you may give us the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was surprisingly just what it was supposed to be. Nicely appointed, clean, comfortable. The grounds offered a lovely place to get some exercise. I swam laps in the main pool. It was off season - so things were pretty quiet. The staff was very helpful. We ate at the restaurant - it was good. The resort was very convenient to shopping and restaurants across the street. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank suz236
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for the kind words! We are delighted that you had such a pleasant experience with us, as we are constantly seeking ways to exceed our guests’ expectations. We hope that you will think of us again for your next business trip or plan a visit for rest and relaxation. Thank you for choosing The Scottsdale Plaza Resort.