“Not too bad”

Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Tucson, Arizona
“Not too bad”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

First off, my boyfriend and I stayed here on a "name your price" deal through priceline. Due to that, we were unable to get the room we wanted (king size bed) and ended up with two double beds since you're not guaranteed a king size bed. Other than that hiccup, we had a lot of fun. The hotel is nice, beds and pillows are comfortable, and room was clean. It is a dated hotel, but since we didn't pay full price for the room that didn't seem like a big deal. The real gem at this hote is JD Lounge, which is up at the front of the hotel. The food is delicious and the free bucket of popcorn you get is pretty tasty. The grounds are beautiful with a large open area perfect for a wedding or outdoor gathering. It was very quiet and we didn't notice any outside noise. A plus for us was that the TV had an open input, so we were able to hook up our Xbox and play. Overall, I wouldn't pay full price for this hotel, but I'd stay there again at a discounted rate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheScottsdalePlaza, Vice President of Rooms Operations at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Allison,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us and share your review with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and had a great time during your stay at our Resort. I'm also excited to hear that JD's Lounge provided a wonderful experience for you as well. I want to thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you again in the future!

Take care!
Rick Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Portage, Michigan
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Recently stayed for the 3rd time over the last 6 years, and have to say I am a little biased towards this property. I have stayed at a few other hotels/resorts in the area, but the Plaza is special, to me its Scottsdale. Unlike some of the others, I never forget where I am while staying at the Plaza.

The resort does show its age, which is ok, they have updated the TVs, and the upkeep and cleanliness are well above average. The overall friendliness and service at the resort is a true strength, they make you feel at home and welcome at every turn.

One big disappointment, was Remington's resturant. They need to improve the whole experience. The good news is there is a Ruth's Chris directly across the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
TheScottsdalePlaza, Vice President of Rooms Operations at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Sharon, thank you so much for sharing your glowing review with us. We always love to hear what our guests have to say about their experience at our resort. We truly appreciate your loyalty with us and are proud to hear that we have continued to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us! Take care!

Prairie Village, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A four day weekend with the girls which included the Girls Weekend Special (2 mani/pedis, and 2 massages). There were 3 of us, so the bi-level suite is a must with a bed for each person and 2 full baths. Yes, one bed is a hide-away, but that is fine with me. This was our 4th trip to this resort, which seems mostly corporate, which we like. Less Marco-Polo in the pool and very relaxing. Whether at the main pool or at another one of the smaller pools, service is good. The grounds are exceptional; clean and impeccably manicured. I actually told the managers how nice the ground were after walking the entire perimeter of the property. The wait staff are always friendly and helpful when delivering drinks or meals to the pool. A true oasis. Went to Remingtons on the property for appetizers and drinks and was lucky enough to have some live entertainment. We missed the crowds as there was a large 500 group coming in the day we left. We felt like we had our pool to ourselves!
They have a shuttle service that can pick up and drop you off at the airport for a fee.

All in all; would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong anywhere. If there is a large group; stay clear of the pool areas. There is a St...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Rick W, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 17 October 2013

San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We paid extra for a one story larger recently renovated room. Secluded, spread out, lovely grass all around - in Scottsdale - the lawn mowers and leaf blowers were an all day event. The interior doors did not close all the way, and it was the noisiest place I've stayed. The staff were generally professional and friendly, and grounds extremely clean. But we would not stay here again, there are better places to stay in Scottsdale for similar cost. To add insult, we left our telephone charger in the room, and it was not returned to the hotel for our recovery.

Room Tip: Don;t pay extra for the one story units
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Marty, we are very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience during your stay at our resort. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and it comes with great disappointment when this is not achieved. If you are available to contact me, I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your situation and the chance to make things right.

Rick Williams,
Charlestown, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Have stayed at the Plaza for many, many years. Always get the two story accommodations. So comfortable and very roomy. Love reading the paper on the little patio. Landscaped beautifully. Pools are clean and sparkly. Staff couldn't be nicer and so helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Rick W, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty at the Plaza Resort. We are truly delighted to hear that each and every time you visit us, you have a wonderful experience during your stay. Your compliments to our staff members is greatly appreciated and will surely be passed along! Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you next time! Take care!

Best regards,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel three nights while attending a business convention. I was very disappointed with the facilities as the pictures in their web site don't reflect the reality of the resort. The rooms and all the amenities in the hotel are due for a renovation as they still have the eighties looks . I think management should consider remodeling the entire facilities.

The Remington's Restaurant food is average. I would recommend going somewhere else as there are plenty of restaurants around the area that are much better.

Room Tip: Don't use their shuttle service to airport if there are more than two people in your party.The c...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Lakewood, ca
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I flew to Phoenix for a 24 hour business trip and booked Scottsdale Plaza Resort through Hotwire. I was flexible so I didn't pre-pick the property and took the $$ savings. Paid about $95; that was including the resort taxes and was very impressed. The property from the outside looked like an exclusive resort or country club. The lobby area was immaculate and felt very welcoming. The pool area was very large and nicely done; unfortunately being pressed for time I didn't get to enjoy it but it looked very clean and well maintained. The grounds were also very clean and nicely landscaped and put out a peaceful and relaxing vibe. The buildings were overall well kept, inside and out. Being alone I booked the basic room which was small but comfortable and nicely appointed. The TV worked fine and the beds were comfortable with clean linens. The bathroom was not up to the standard of the rest of the room but still clean. I took the opportunity to have a beer in the bar and it was decent. I didn't have the chance to eat there however so cant comment on that. Overall it was a very relaxing experience and if I were to visit Phoenix again soon I would like to take my family there.

Room Tip: Get a view of the nearby mountains.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo