“Great Place!”

Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Picturesque, immaculate grounds. Large, spacious room. Very friendly helpful staff. I booked a room on Priceline and was concerned about what I saw posted, but have no worries! This is a wonderful resort! No fee for WIFI or extra charges. Gorgeous, very clean pools. Very well maintained. I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We appreciate your business and we certainly hope you will visit us again soon. We are consistently updating our resort, and value our guests feedback. In the future when booking your travel to Scottsdale, we hope that you will think of us.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (2,360)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I just spent 4 nights at this hotel for a conference- I was extremely impressed! I read some mixed reviews prior to my stay, and I have no idea what these people had to be dissatisfied with. The room was spacious, clean and seemed very new. The grounds were gorgeous! The staff were friendly, accommodating and just easy to talk to in general! I actually accidentally left my ring at the pool and within 5 minutes of being back in my hotel room, security called me and then hand delivered my ring. I didn't even have time to notice I had misplaced it!

The hotel also provided the food for the conference which I also thought was awesome! The location is nice, as well. Located right near a trolley stop to go downtown Scottsdale and the shuttle service to and from the airport was both convenient and a good value. Thank you Scottsdale Plaza for a great first visit to Arizona!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about our staff as well. We appreciate your business, and would like to invite you back in the future to visit us again. Hopefully when booking travel to Scottsdale in the future you will think of us.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had mixed thoughts going after reading mixed reviews but it was. Fantastic!! We got a deal on Priceline. The grounds were beautiful,clean and very well maintained. It is an older resort but well looked after. Our room was very large. Some of the complaints I read we're a resort fee and internet fee. We didn't get charged either of those. What I paid on priceline was the total. We were charged the wrong price in the pub, they fixed it quickly with no issues. We liked the pub, it was nice to have somewhere not fancy to go have a drink at night. If you wanted fancier there was Remington's on site. Breakfast had good options and meals were reasonable. Many meal options from $10-12. We would get apply foods and share by the pool. It always depends what you are looking for. But as I mentioned if you want fancier there was Remington's.
The free trolley to take you to old town is one block away, very handy. The gym was great, cleans with a decent amount of equipment. The staff we're friendly and helpful although we didn't need a lot. The only thing we thought was strange if I'm going to be nit picky is that we couldn't get happy hour drinks by the pool but we could go into the bar, buy them and take them out to the pool. Excellent value especially for the price. Hope that's helpful!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time leave us a review. We appreciate your business and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We invite all of our guests to try our Salon and Spa as well. We look forward to having you back and again, and hope that in the future when you are booking travel that you will think of us.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect after reading mixed reviews. I had landed a great deal on Priceline ($90/night). Many negative reviews from 2-3 years ago complain of dated rooms, no WiFi and extra charges.

My experience here could not have been better though. The resort is in great shape and the grounds and facilities are in immaculate condition. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful whenever I needed something. The room was in excellent shape despite having older bathroom fixtures. My king size bed was great as well.

And yes, they do have free WiFi.

All and all, a great experience for the money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 2 March 2014

Dear Noel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. The resort is consistently updated, and we take the reviews of our guests very seriously. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you to our resort and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business, and would like to invite you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was our first stay here and we will definitely return! The grounds are beautiful and it's very peaceful. We enjoyed just walking around. We had a king suite which was lovely. Granted, the bathroom fixtures are gold and some people will have a fit about that. But we loved our room and thought the decor was fine. The gas fireplace was a welcome bonus. We didn't try the restaurants so can't comment about that. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back next year and might stay longer next time!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 March 2014

Dear Mr. Osborne,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon. When you book your stay next year, be sure to check in with us for any special room rates or promotions we may be running. Our spa offers amazing services that you may want to take advantage of as well.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed one night in a modern one bedroom suite. I had reserved a basic studio. room but upgraded to the suite for only $30!! I was in room 2007' at the north side of the complex, not far from the fitness center. This is a huge resort, and they usually do charge a resort fee but not for those who book from a discount website (i got the room for only $100 thru Priceline). There were no fees for internet wifi anymore. My rooms were not big but had enough space. Two hdtv televisions, also were not large screens but were big enough for the room sizes. Beds were very comfortable, and everything was clean. Only thing that was unusual for a four star resort was their were no small racks or shelvel in the shower/tub, so i had to keep the soap and shampoo on the tub in the corner. That is a bit nick-picking. Overall, a great value resort to enjoy!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort where my husband was attending a board meeting. The grounds were very lovely and well manicured. My 2 year old son and I enjoyed strolling the property and admiring the unique foliage. We really appreciated Ximena, our housekeeper, who did an excellent job everyday. She was very sweet and polite. FYI, if you plan to utilize their shuttle service, remember to bring along your car seat(s) for your little one(s).

Room Tip: Rooms near the rear of the property are newer and more modern.