“Nickel and dime you plus $6 bottled water and hidden fees”

Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Ocean City, Maryland
“Nickel and dime you plus $6 bottled water and hidden fees”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The EMPLOYEES are all friendly but management cares more about adding fees to your bill than customer satisfaction. Way over priced. Argued with a manager about $26 worth of fees they added on a $1k plus room bill for the 5 days we were here for a business trip.

Would not recommend staying here.

Internet access was supposed to be included for free but while in the conference room no internet. Was told the organizers didn't contract for it in the room. $3.50 12 oz. Sodas $140+ for dinner for 2 in Remington and $6 bottled water in the room. SIX DOLLARS for a bottle of WATER!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank KeithHanshaw
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Keith,

We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience, and with one of our staff members. We take all of our guest’s reviews seriously, and would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly if you are available to do so. We appreciate your business and hope that we can rectify this situation. If you are available to speak with me directly, the phone number is 480-951-5168.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This resort has beautiful grounds and helpful bellmen/valet. That is where the positive stops.
The rooms are somewhat large but very sparsely and uncomfortably furnished. The beds are uncomfortable and squeaky. The shower looks like it came out of the 70's and the pressure is bad. Worst of all is a huge mirror next to the bed that alludes to some not so classy activities.

Beyond the fact that the room was mediocre at best, I came across the unfortunate experience of having a maid steal cash from my room. When I contacted security about the issue I was asked if I hadn't forgotten that I gambled all of my cash away the night before. He said he had seen this situation before. I assured him I never gamble and he told me I could contact the police. He seem almost to be chiding me. I followed his advice and contacted the police who did in fact retrieve my money from the maid. The staff apologized profusely but and promised to make my future stays more comfortable. I think it was a little too little too late.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank G3251SZJennyB
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear G3251SZJennyB,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We take all of our guest’s reviews seriously, and would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly if you are available to do so. We appreciate your business and hope that we can rectify this situation. If you are available to speak with me directly, the phone number is 480-951-5168.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I read multiple reviews of this property and was initially cautious because of the reviews describing the hotel as "old" or "outdated". Many of the reviews also questioned the star rating of the hotel. I decided to take a chance regardless and let's just say I now regret that decision.
My largest complaint was the room construction itself. The walls are so thin and the connecting room doors so poorly constructed that you can hear every word your neighbors say. The final two nights of my stay I was kept awake until 3am by an especially loud large group of guests in the next room. Not a party, just four adult men talking loudly. Unless you are used to sleeping under such conditions, this was utterly ridiculous.
OK so the place is older with paper thin walls and doors. Maybe the service makes up for it right? No. The supervisor, direct from his shift at Target, RJ - who refused to even give his name, informed me on multiple occasions that he was unable to do anything about the situation. That's right a 3 star hotel charging market rate exhibiting the sleeping conditions of a rowdy homeless shelter, and the supervising representative can or will do nothing to remedy it.
Stay here at your own peril. I know I'll never be back. Best of luck.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank JBL303
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear JBL303,

We take all of our customers reviews seriously and we apologize you had a negative experience. If you would be available to contact me directly, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your experience, hopefully improve on your experience.

Travis Giles Director of Rooms
Ph: 480-951-5168
Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 26 March 2014

3rd time staying here! This time got a complimentary upgrade to a suite......amazing! I only have one night here and need to move to another resort down the street that I had previously booked, so bummed, wish I could stay here! Service is great, food is great, health center is great, shuttle bus to nearby restaurants!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director Of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Patty,

We wanted to thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

kansas
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We just left the SPR and we had such a fantastic time. The high lights: CLEAN!!! From our casita to the grounds, pool, pool house bathroom?!- all sparkling. The staff obviously take pride in their work and it shows. Every staff person greeted us and were so friendly. LOCATION !!! The resort is minutes from everything but it also feels miles away from hustle bustle. SPACIOUS !! Our two story casita worked so well for our family w parents and three young adults . We took the sofa bed and gave the three kids the double beds . We each had large great bathrooms ( did I mention spotless?!) a great patio off of the living rooms, flat screens to watch our March Madness. One minor glitch... The sofa bed was a bit..lumpy? We complained and the bed was promptly made w a feather bed topper. We slept fine. We plan on going back next year.. And we will most definitely stay here . It's not the Princess or Phoenician... But instead of leaving with "hotel remorse"( spent so much on a room you were hardly in.. Etc) we can't thank you enough!!
Thanks !

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Sunglowergal62

We appreciate you leaving such a raving review. Our staff truly takes pride in their work and keeping the resort looking beautiful. We try to meet all of our guests expectations and we are happy to hear that our staff was able to fix the sofa bed for you. We hope to see you soon and thank you for your business!

Colorado
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was my 3rd timing staying at this hotel. I love the well maintained, spacious grounds. I dont feel like I am staying right on top of another guest. Generally the resort is quiet! While the hotel is a little dated, it is always clean and comfortable. The pool areas are well maintained. The onsite bar has good food! A little pricey, but good.(popcorn should be a free luxury) The young lady who checked me out had a great personality. I wish I could remember her name to thank her properly. (Very skinny, short, fun haircut) Overall a very nice stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Becky,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of our resort. Thank you for your business, and we hope to you again soon! We will make sure to share your compliment with our staff, and let them know that their services are appreciated as well.

Greensboro,NC
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a large resort and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the property. Attended a convention and thought this was top notch.

The staff is friendly and helpful. As mentioned, the resort is large with multiple buildings throughout and you may need to get a bell man to bring you to your room in a golf cart. The lobby is nice but not pretentious.

There is nice restaurant and lounge with jazz music called Remington's. Did not eat here but really enjoyed the lounge. JD's lounge is a sports bar with good food. A few other more casual places are on the premises. There is an excellent Sushi restaurant across the street called Roka Akor which was magnificent. A Starbucks is also across the street.

I stayed in a two floor room - bedroom on top, living room on bottom. Patio and a balcony. 2 full bathrooms. Felt more like an apartment than a hotel room. Clean and comfortable.

Pool is very nice and fairly quiet but warm in late March. Decent workout facility.

Excellent convention facilities.

Spring training is close - saw the A's and Mariners play in Phoenix.

Highly recommend if you are going to Scottsdale area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Bubbafb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you are booking travel plans to Scottsdale, we hope that you will think of us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!