“Not four stars but ok”

Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Page, Arizona
“Not four stars but ok”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Firstly, this was my first hotwire deal ever. I had planned on just booking a different resort but decided we didn't have our kids lets try something different.
Front desk friendly
Room:
First room was nice but had 2 full sized beds I wanted a king. Called front desk, person that answered sighed annoyingly put me on hold for so long another person picked up, 2nd person very nice! As luck has it I got the sigher when I arrived at front desk. Switched me but not before being subjected to sighs and snotty comments.
Room ok, motel style parked right in front, mirrored walls, ugly hair covered bathroom tiles, and hard bed.
Outside I overheard a very annoyed guest sulking about cigarette butts on the ground. That's not a reason to leave a hotel. However, their real complaint was at over $200 a night this was not a resort! Keep in mind I was there during a slow week, so hotels were offering great deals. I'd have been pissed if I booked this place thinking it was 4 stars.

Pros
Easy parking kind of clean room
Cons
Not my hair in the shower or on bathroom floor
Sighing front desk
Not 4star resort

If get room for under $100 take it, but any more than that just check into motel 6. Same quality less money

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank HugeFoodSNOB
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear HugeFoodSNOB,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We maintain the grounds daily and we apologize they were not up to standards during your stay. We hold our staff to the highest level of standards and are committed to providing the best possible experience for every guest. We apologize you had a negative experience with the front desk as well and we will make sure to address the situation. Thank you for sharing your concerns. If you are available to speak directly we would like the opportunity to possibly rectify the situation. We hope that you will visit us again in the future

Ph: 480-951-5168

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were fortunate to get a trip post- Spring Break so the rates were fantastic. The property is wonderful and the rooms spacious. The best thing about our trip were the people here---they were so helpful and professional and friendly! Easy access to Spring Training baseball and our day trip to the Grand Canyon. The Colorado Rockies were staying there while we were there---it must be a great place! Thumbs up for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Brita,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review for The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We appreciate your business and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again soon!

Bayfield, Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I think this is our 5th time here. It's still beautiful. Still quiet. Immaculately maintained. It is showing it's age in a few places, but I think that gives it character. Staying from Sat. March 30 to Thurs. April 3. Wish it could be longer!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Elaine,

Thank you for your wonderful review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you enjoy your vacation at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. If there is anything we can do to help accommodate you during your stay, please let us know.

Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The EMPLOYEES are all friendly but management cares more about adding fees to your bill than customer satisfaction. Way over priced. Argued with a manager about $26 worth of fees they added on a $1k plus room bill for the 5 days we were here for a business trip.

Would not recommend staying here.

Internet access was supposed to be included for free but while in the conference room no internet. Was told the organizers didn't contract for it in the room. $3.50 12 oz. Sodas $140+ for dinner for 2 in Remington and $6 bottled water in the room. SIX DOLLARS for a bottle of WATER!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank KeithHanshaw
Dear Keith,

We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience, and with one of our staff members. We take all of our guest’s reviews seriously, and would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly if you are available to do so. We appreciate your business and hope that we can rectify this situation. If you are available to speak with me directly, the phone number is 480-951-5168.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This resort has beautiful grounds and helpful bellmen/valet. That is where the positive stops.
The rooms are somewhat large but very sparsely and uncomfortably furnished. The beds are uncomfortable and squeaky. The shower looks like it came out of the 70's and the pressure is bad. Worst of all is a huge mirror next to the bed that alludes to some not so classy activities.

Beyond the fact that the room was mediocre at best, I came across the unfortunate experience of having a maid steal cash from my room. When I contacted security about the issue I was asked if I hadn't forgotten that I gambled all of my cash away the night before. He said he had seen this situation before. I assured him I never gamble and he told me I could contact the police. He seem almost to be chiding me. I followed his advice and contacted the police who did in fact retrieve my money from the maid. The staff apologized profusely but and promised to make my future stays more comfortable. I think it was a little too little too late.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank G3251SZJennyB
Dear G3251SZJennyB,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We take all of our guest’s reviews seriously, and would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly if you are available to do so. We appreciate your business and hope that we can rectify this situation. If you are available to speak with me directly, the phone number is 480-951-5168.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I read multiple reviews of this property and was initially cautious because of the reviews describing the hotel as "old" or "outdated". Many of the reviews also questioned the star rating of the hotel. I decided to take a chance regardless and let's just say I now regret that decision.
My largest complaint was the room construction itself. The walls are so thin and the connecting room doors so poorly constructed that you can hear every word your neighbors say. The final two nights of my stay I was kept awake until 3am by an especially loud large group of guests in the next room. Not a party, just four adult men talking loudly. Unless you are used to sleeping under such conditions, this was utterly ridiculous.
OK so the place is older with paper thin walls and doors. Maybe the service makes up for it right? No. The supervisor, direct from his shift at Target, RJ - who refused to even give his name, informed me on multiple occasions that he was unable to do anything about the situation. That's right a 3 star hotel charging market rate exhibiting the sleeping conditions of a rowdy homeless shelter, and the supervising representative can or will do nothing to remedy it.
Stay here at your own peril. I know I'll never be back. Best of luck.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank JBL303
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear JBL303,

We take all of our customers reviews seriously and we apologize you had a negative experience. If you would be available to contact me directly, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your experience, hopefully improve on your experience.

Travis Giles Director of Rooms
Ph: 480-951-5168
Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 26 March 2014

3rd time staying here! This time got a complimentary upgrade to a suite......amazing! I only have one night here and need to move to another resort down the street that I had previously booked, so bummed, wish I could stay here! Service is great, food is great, health center is great, shuttle bus to nearby restaurants!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director Of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Patty,

We wanted to thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!