We just returned home yesterday from another fantastic vacation at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort! From the moment of arrival, the staff was quick, pleasant and extremely accomodating and we were off to our suite in a matter of minutes. The grounds of this resort are beautiful and well maintained. Even at night, although dark in some areas, we felt extremely safe walking around with our 2 small children. The pools are great - never over-crowded and range from 3-8 feet, depending on the pool. The food from room service is good and is available both in your room and poolside. Be aware that there is a 20% gratuity and $3 delivery fee added to all room service bills, no matter where it's delivered. There is a $10 resort fee charged per day which beats what we have paid in the past for overnight parking. Even with the extra fees here and there, it's still a fabulous place to spend a week basking in the Arizona sun! My 6 year old is already talking about our trip next year.
A couple of location notes - there is a Starbucks within walking distance and the McCormick-Stillman Railroad park at Indian Bend and Scottsdale roads is fun for small children. Further down Scottsdale road to Shoeman (1st left south of Camelback) you will find Joe's NY Pizza. It's a little hard to find but well worth it! Also the Sugarbowl in Old Town (can't miss the pink building) is a great time for all. Reasonable prices and large servings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where the Old West Meets the New Guests arriving at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort find an oasis of tranquility that evokes a sense of home while capturing the essence of Arizona. Graceful Spanish Mediterranean architecture and décor create a cozy, private estancia-style feel. Warm desert breezes and views of Camelback Mountain in the distance settle the pulse. Nearby Cave Creek offers a glimpse into the life of the old west while James Beard award winning Chefs are crafting new specialties in Scottsdale and Phoenix. A Room for Every Lifestyle The Scottsdale Plaza's five distinctive room, suite and lodge options are arranged in intimate clusters that allow for quiet and privacy. Options ranging from larger-than-standard, deluxe guest rooms to beautifully appointed, residence-style lodges and suites and an extraordinary Presidential Suite, we have the perfect room for family vacations, romantic getaways and corporate groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Scottsdale Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scottsdale Plaza Hotel Paradise Valley
- Scottsdale Plaza Resort Arizona