We just spent 12 days at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We really enjoyed our stay. We were mainly there for Spring Training baseball and the hotel was in fairly good proximity to the ball parks. We had a GPS with our rental car and that helped us get around. The first several nights we stayed in a bi-level suite which was quite roomy, had a nice balcony on the second floor and a patio off the living room on the first floor, also a nice gas fireplace and two bathrooms. Unfortunately we didn't reserve that suite long enough, so were moved to a one bedroom suite (a villa suite). That was nice too, but a little smaller. We had a poolside room, which was really convenient.
The resort is beautifully maintained. The grounds are impeccable, the pools (5 of them) are great and the food is great. My complaints are that there are no kitchens in the suite (not even a microwave -- they claim for "security reasons"), and the whole mini-bar thing other people have mentioned is a pain. We removed items from the mini-bar so we could use the fridge and we DID NOT get charged anything (as a previous reviewer did). Anytime I had to deal with front desk or security or anyone, we had a pleasant experience. All staff was great. The exercise room is really terrific -- lots of machines, plus a racquetball court. The putting green is beautiful and the tennis courts are nice. We didn't use the spa at all. I didn't like the resort fee ($15 per day or the $9.95 for internet use) but you just calculate it into your rate and it compares to other places. I would prefer they include that and quote just one rate.
One thing that is a little unfortunate is the room decor. It is bland and bordering on ugly. The design of the rooms is okay but the furniture and accessories isn't. I like staying in beautiful surroundings. It was beautiful outside but not inside. They should put as much care into the room decor as they do to the grounds.
We will definitely return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where the Old West Meets the New Guests arriving at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort find an oasis of tranquility that evokes a sense of home while capturing the essence of Arizona. Graceful Spanish Mediterranean architecture and décor create a cozy, private estancia-style feel. Warm desert breezes and views of Camelback Mountain in the distance settle the pulse. Nearby Cave Creek offers a glimpse into the life of the old west while James Beard award winning Chefs are crafting new specialties in Scottsdale and Phoenix. A Room for Every Lifestyle The Scottsdale Plaza's five distinctive room, suite and lodge options are arranged in intimate clusters that allow for quiet and privacy. Options ranging from larger-than-standard, deluxe guest rooms to beautifully appointed, residence-style lodges and suites and an extraordinary Presidential Suite, we have the perfect room for family vacations, romantic getaways and corporate groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Scottsdale Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scottsdale Plaza Hotel Paradise Valley
- Scottsdale Plaza Resort Arizona