“The pools are just great”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado, USA
“The pools are just great”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We just got back from our second weekend getaway (no kids!) from Denver, and it was just as good as it was last year. The staff are so friendly - they just really can't be beat! The pools are so fun, especially at night. It is a very romantic place, I mean with firepits and exotic pools and gorgeous grounds, how could it not be? The rooms are updated and very clean. We used the little minibar fridge a lot, for my yogurt and fresh fruit that I got at the local market as well as bottles of water that we brought in ourselves. Kinda tacky I guess, but it saves us a lot of money and i like to have some lighter food available.

We ate both on grounds and off - I have the say that the restaurant on the grounds is a little pricey and was mediocre. Sorry! My advice? Try yelping some nearby restaurants instead and get some good mexican food. They have free car service to anywhere within 3 miles. In spite of the restaurant being a little disappointing, the trip was still a lovely getaway and was very affordable! It's a great experience, especially considering the price.
We will be back, no doubt about it!

Room Tip: Become a Kimpton member - for the best rates
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pepperoneez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
Seattle
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I just got back from a girls weekend, celebrating my 40th birthday! This hotel far exceeded my expectations. From the champagne in the room, to the complimentary shuttle, everything was perfect!! Rooms were clean and spacious, restaurant had great food, and prices were very reasonable. Spa was also delightful! I can't say enough about the service I received. . .the one day we went back to get coffee from the lobby and it had already been put away. The gal in the restaurant offered to bring us two coffees, made to order!! Everyone was so nice, and I can't wait to go back!! Thanks for making my birthday weekend so great!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The one thing that truly sets this hotel apart from all others is the excellent customer service and on every level....from the bellmen, to the front desk clerk, to the concierge to the individuals pouring wine in the free wine tasting hour! Everyone was sincerely friendly and happy to help you with anything.

The lobby, bar, restaurant and pool area are very nice. The spa was wonderful. Enjoyed an 80 minute massage. The place was well decorated and clean. The only slightly negative was that the pool isn't as large as it looks in the pics (at least from my perspective) and on Friday and Saturday we had a difficult time finding lounge chairs so you need to get to the pool early especially if you want to find a spot in the shade. I should note that it was over Memorial Day weekend and there were 2 weddings on the premises so that may have been a contributing factor.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mgreenlee3
clm037, Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Thank you!!!! We appreciate your testimony following your recent stay at the FireSky. We do have an amazing staff that and I am happy to shows. Come back soon..

Cheryl Martin
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2011

After researching this trip and destination, my husband and I picked the Firesky. I have been to Scottsdale a few times for fun and once recently for business so I was familiar with the area. So I would have to say that for convenience, the Firesky was in a great location and choice. The free shuttle is such a bonus! (don't forget to tip). We chose to take the shuttle to dinner then walk home (once it cooled down). We also found a great Yogurt spot on the walk home called Yogurtland. Yum! For the hotel itself it gets the job done. The rooms are ok size but we spend no time in the room on vacation anyways. The lobby has a homey feel and the add free cocktail hour is a nice touch! We also enjoyed playing JENGA that the hotel offers. The organic coffee in the morning is another great extra that we enjoyed . Lunch by the pool from Taggia (hotel restaurant ) is decent. Salads are tasty and good size ** NOTE you must get the lounge chairs by the pool early and if you aren't a kid person, then don't sit by the sandy pool. Make sure you get out and hike Camel Back mountain. The shuttle will drop you off, but don't think its a walk in the park if you plan on going to the top. My husband and I are athletic people, so we made it to the top, but it was hard! Great view!!!
For restaurants: I researched and found a great restaurant group called the Fox group.
Modern Steak (in Fashion Sq Mall about 4 blocks from Hotel)-was excellent-we prefer patio so it was also less stuffy bc it is a higher end steak house, but in a mall so it gives it a different feel. The kobe burger was incredible.
Olive and Ivy (waterfront area)-is their flagship restaurant and it has a California feel. I recommend any of the salads! They also have a patio that was comfortable and relaxing and ask for Seth, he is a great and knowledgeable waiter.
Lastly, and our favorite dinner was at MISSION. It is in Old Town Scottsdale and the food is AMAZING. We sat at the bar bc we couldn't get Reservations, but we walked in at 6pm and had no problem. Justin the young bartender knew the menu from top to bottom, but after eating at least 6 dishes (it is Latin tapas style) we figured that you could order anything and not go wrong. MUST TRY!!
Overall, our trip was a success.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank massmith22
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We just got back from a 4 day girls weekend to celebrate my best friend. This hotel is awesome! Absolutely the best service and so many accomodations! It is centrally located to great shopping, restaurants and nightlife and the hotel even will drive you with their own vehicle to these spots and pick you up! The coffee bar and wine hour were awesome and a great savings! The pool was beautiful...great for an adults trip or to bring the kids. I've stayed may places in Scottsdale and this by far was my favorite!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2011

For anyone who is a frequent business traveler, this hotel is a miss. Inconvenient restaurant hours, and very limited food options in general. If you are coming to relax and drink by the pool all day it may work for you, but it's not conducive to a business conference. I agree with a prior review, the pictures are very deceiving.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed at the Firesky because I love Kimpton hotels. The glowing reviews on TripAdvisor tell you pretty much all you need to know. The pools are beautiful, there are plenty of places outside to tuck away and enjoy the evening, the rooms are pretty spacious, the lobby is gorgeous, and the staff is incredibly helpful. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle that takes you anywhere within 3 miles before 11 pm. The shuttle is a roomy Cadillac Escalade (see picture to this review); I wasn't expecting a "shuttle" to be so nice. There is no coffee maker in the rooms and no way to make tea - but - if you ask for a coffee maker at check in, they will bring one to your room. I didn't know that at the beginning of my stay, so I'd like to pass that on to everyone else. I highly recommend this resort, it's a gorgeous and relaxing place to stay. If you don't feel like going out to town you can have a great time at the pool, hot tub, bar and outdoor areas.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business