“Beautiful resort”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Novato, California
“Beautiful resort”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stopped for spring training on way back north from Mexico. Traveling with 2 dogs who were welcomed at this lovely resort. We had first floor room with outdoor area for dogs. Staff brought beds & water bowls for the dogs as soon as we arrived. Plenty of good neighborhood walking areas. Hotel very quiet in spite of allowing dogs. Room service was excellent as was morning coffee & evening wine. Two beautiful swimming pools, one with sand surrounding it, as if at the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor have nice sheltered outdoor space..nice room extension.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
We try to make our little Oasis a pleasant retreat for all kinds....even those with four legs! Thanks for the great review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Wharton, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. The property was compact but the grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The sand bottom pool was something unexpected and different. My favorite part were the outdoor fire pits which were great to sit around and socialize. The free smores kits were the best and added a fun element to the night. Our group was so large that we had the hotel particularly to ourselves since we used the majority of the meeting space so it was nice.

I loved the free rides into the town of Scottsdale they provided because it gave you an opportunity to explore beyond the hotel and didn't effect your wallet. The free internet throughout the hotel was appreciated by our meeting guests. We also loved taking part in the free wine hours the hotel hosted. Overall, I think this property was well liked by all and a place we would visit again.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are the ones that do not face the pool but then your view isnt as nice
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms. Awesome pool area with fire pits in the evening. Bar staff was great during our 3 night stay. The hotel coffee was always hot and fresh. I would recommend a pool side room since the other rooms don't have much to look at which makes the spacious balcony somewhat useless.

• Stayed March 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Too expensive for what you get! Rooms have no view for most of them! They look at the parking lot or a wall! If you want a view of the garden it is additional money! Breakfast included meant continental when I asked for an omelet I realized unfortunately that it was not included! At 350 dollars a night it was steep!
The propertie is decent, rooms are comfortable, location is good near the mall. But there are so many gorgeous resorts in Phoenix., where I can get a much better deal! I felt I did not get my money worth!

Room Tip: Most rooms have no view. There are rooms looking at the interior courtyard and pool, but they might...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I'm a fan of Kimpton properties and the Firesky is no exception. The lobby and grounds are lovely. The rooms are well appointed and the fixtures are very nice. Definitely book a pool/garden facing room. The rooms at on the back of the property face the parking lot...not disruptive to our stay, but not a nice view. Love, love, love the free wine happy hour and the fire pits in the evening. Just wonderful for relaxing in the evening. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The one downside of the Firesky are the thin walls. Luckily our neighbors were very quiet in the evenings, but we could definitely hear folks getting ready in the mornings.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review! I am glad you had a fun time and enjoyed the smore's roasted on the open firepits. Please come back and see us soon!
Cheryl
GM
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My family first stayed at FireSky in the Spring of 2012 and fell in love with the resort. The beautiful landscape, cool and cozy lobby, great staff... it was all wonderful! Travelled back this Spring and was sorely disappointed at the diminished quality of the hotel. From check-in to room cleanliness to poorly maintained exterior spaces, this experience was a 180 degree change from previous visit. Virtually every aspect of our stay was met with one challenge or another... room charges, mischarges, noisy neighbors, dirty ashtrays amongst firepits, burned breakfast, noisy group event at 7 am Saturday morning, unmanned bell stand, and an overall dingy feeling. Firesky seems to have lost it's attention to detail and standard of providing high quality service and guest experience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
I am extremely disappointed we did not create another great memory for you. We do try our best to maintain our gorgeous property and service levels and I am deeply sorry we let you down. I will be sure to share your review with my team today, so we can adress the importance of the details.
Please accept my apology,
Cheryl
GM
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This review is a bit late, but I took a group of women business owners to the Firesky Resort and Spa in Phoenix in this past December.
From the time that I initiated the bid process through to the completion of our meeting, everything was so smooth. I have to rate the customer service as excellent. I was on crutches during our stay and every morning of the meeting, I had a pillow and a bag of ice waiting for me at my position. This is unheard of. The front desk folks were incredible, professional and attentive. The wait staff made sure that we were happy, every step of the way. The atmosphere was great, although we didn't have much time to spend in the pool area. After our meetings, we were able to enjoy the fire pits, where we were served smores. The bar had great music and atmosphere.
The beds were very comfortable, even though the rooms were slightly dated. It didn't matter. There was a goldfish in my room, I wish I knew that, I would have requested it not be there.
Stay here if you have the chance. Peaceful, professional and pretty.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business