“Relaxing”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Enjoyed the outdoor spaces with the fire pits and of course the pool. Excellent restaurant, small but handy workout room. Rooms were clean, modern and spacious. Perfect for a business trip. Outstanding location, too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jane C
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Relaxation is our goal as traveling can be so stressful! Thanks for the review as we are a great business hotel and I appreciate you telling Trip Advisor.
GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,883)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We liked the theme of elements (Fire, earth, Air and Water) associated with this hotel. The breakfast provided was OK but it would have been nice to know we only qualified for continental rather than everything. That was not obvious. The pools and surroundings are lovely and the rooms are adequate. We were disappointed to be on a side of the hotel that receives no sun and faces traffic. The balcony seemed pointless.

Room Tip: Avoid the E Chaparral Road side which faces north and has traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank graham1410
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

We have several room types with different views and we would be happy to reserve whatever you prefer, please just ask. We also have several packages that include a variety of items, next time we can deliver what you are looking for. I always want my team to be clear and deliver what our guests are expecting, so I am sorry if we were not clear. I hope you give us another chance

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were recently in Scottsdale for a dental conference. The rooms were adequate, somewhat dated. (Be sure to request a view of the pool/lagoon area, otherwise you are looking at a parking lot. The hotel was understaffed for the event. The restaurant was slow to get our order, however food was really good. This is not a hotel/resort for children. My overall impression was a beautiful place, but lacking in customer service. We stayed in Holiday Inn Phoenix (Airport South) last year and had a better room for the money and staff was ten times more friendly. When our problems were brought to the attention of the front desk, the young lady was nice, but all she would say was "we are very sorry that happened and I will bring it to the attention of my supervisor". Do you think anyone has contacted us to follow up? NO.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that have pool/lagoon view.
3  Thank LoriAnn007

Please accept my apology! I usually receive rave reviews regarding our customer service and I am embarrassed we made you feel this way. I promise to address my team as I do not want to ever hear that we are lacking in service. I hope you give us another chance!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Attended and stayed at the Firesky Resort in Scottsdale...a nice place with a great pool presentation and a restaurant and bar present...the seminar room was just the right size for the event...we tried to have breakfast/lunch at the hotel just before the seminar which started at noon but the restaurant is closed from 11:00 til 11:30 to changeover from breakfast to lunch?...not the best timing...on another day I wanted a cup of coffee to go and the hostess went and made the coffee for me and gave it to me "gratis" saying another guest paid for it for me?...the parking lot is a little small but they solve the problem by having valet parking...it is in a great location in Old Scottsdale near Fashion Square Mall etc.

Room Tip: ask for recently refurbished room
1  Thank dkpoop

When a group does not provide food and beverage for their attendees, it can be tough to accomodate all needs at one time with one kitchen. We did try our best, so I hope you accept my apology for the inconvenience and we certainly put our heads together to resolve what we could do better next time around!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nice Kimpton Resort and great location. Lobby and Pool very beautiful but make sure to reserve a room with view to the pool or laguna and not to the parking place. Also if those rooms cost a little more, it is worse to pay this supplement.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Naitsabenomis

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback to future guests reading this right now!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Upon check in the hotel is beautiful, it even fooled us into thinking it was a resort! This place is NOT for kids. It is a singles drinking Mecca! There were parties going on in the room next to us and also by the private lagoon we were promised was so peaceful and paid $300+ a night for! There ws no peace here the walls are paper thin..... You here everything.... EVERYTHING! When we asked tooce we were told the only other room available was right next door. Starving we went to the restaurant .....yuck my kids who eat any pasta would not even eat the spaghetti, the olive oil was beyond rancid and my gnocchi was salty and just awful! The plus was my husband ordered chicken which he said was great, but was angry he ruined it by eating my food. It was truly an awful, we were starving a show would have been better. Highlight on the way back to our suppose to be pet free room with poop bags and a dog walk right outside it.... Naked guy swimming in the pool and people smoking EVERYWHERE- including the pool. This hotel is 60 years old. Kimpton tried to put lipstick on this pig, but it is still such a pig! There is no , NO security watching cars and anyone can come into the hotel. Do not expect any anything here they simply do not have it ! I write this as we are still here and I was woken up at 5:30 from the noise after I finally was able to go to sleep after 2! This is NOT the new beautiful kimpton resort we were promised over the phone. It is a drinkers paradise (beer bottles and empty wine glasses EVERYWHERE!) and no better the a low end 2 star hotel! Now we are stuck looking for a safe place to stay the last night of our trip!

• Stayed: January 2014
7  Thank Travelguru38

I welcome the chance to speak directly with you. As future readers can attest, this is not what we strive for and certainly not the results we ever want.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The problem with many Kimpton's these days is you never know what you are going to get. This is my third one in 6 weeks. When you buy up a room to something nicer you never know what you are going to get. So in the Alexis review I bought up to the executive suite and got a beautiful boardroom and a small bedroom. I wanted a nice room wasn't planning on holding a board meeting. At this hotel the same thing happened. The rooms are nice but the views for the upgrade are varied. I paid for an upgraded room and looked at a wall and changed the second night. The hotel is all no smoking but allows people to smoke on their balconies which is an issue if you open a window. Many places have gone to all nonsmoking on the site. The upgraded rooms are varied and not that great. By the way this is part of the idea of calling your place a resort because you have a nice pool. This is not a resort. there is no beach, no swim up bar and waterfalls to swim through, golf course etc. This is a nice hotel would get a 4 star as a hotel but only 3 in the resort category. The one standout is the evening wine tasting which was run by a woman who just made it nice. This is a nice hotel and if you want a nice quiet hotel please stay here. if you want a resort you will be severely disappointed.

Room Tip: There will be a recommendation to walk into old town. Old town is a series of malls and strip malls...
2  Thank jimnick

Thanks for the feedback. Kimpton is certainly known for not having cookie cutter hotels and resorts so it certainly can be a surprise to see what each hotel offers. I am sorry this experience was just ok, I always hope we exceed your expectations. I do hope you got to try Jurlique Spa and the wonderful food in Tagga, quite an experience.
Cheryl GM