“Beautiful grounds!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Petaluma, California
“Beautiful grounds!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The grounds are beautiful and relaxing. The rooms are nice. We were on the ground floor with a nice patio looking over the gardens. It was relaxing to sit out there with a cocktail and chat with my friends! The pools were nice, however they could be a tad bit warmer. The restaurant was good and the service was nice and the servers very helpful and friendly. My hat goes off to Brian he knows what he is doing! The shuttle for the hotel was great these gentlemen were very helpful and friendly. Now the front desk needs a bit of work as far as organization and a little bit more customer service. Of course the coffee in the am and the wine in the pm was a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
What a surprise to read about the front desk team. I would love more feedback as they normally rock it out there! If you care to share more details, I welcome the feedback. Thanks for the other kudos and I hope you come back.
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We came here with 5 girls for a 40th birthday celebration. While they did accommodate us in interior rooms as I requested, I was not overly impressed upon our arrival. For $400+/night I would expect more. Rooms were nice, but fairly average in my opinion. Average to me would be closer to $250-$300/night. Pool area is fairly nice but small. Wine hour is a nice perk, as is the coffee bar, shuttle service etc. Not sure I would return again, especially for the price. There are lots of other options in the Scottsdale area that I think would offer more value. I think the small boutique style like hotel is a great concept, but if you're small, you need to go above and beyond to make sure the astronomical prices are worth it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Appreciate your feedback. I am sorry you didn't feel the value and I take your comments to heart. We can always improve and I will be sure to look at our processes for enhanced services.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 12 and 11 year old children. The rooms and corridors are a little dark and you would not want to spend much time in them during the day but the pool and reception area make up for this. We had originally booked into a room which transpired to be overlooking the carpark so paid $60 extra to be adjacent to the pool. It was not a particularly attractive outdoor space but you could squeeze through the bushes and get easier access to the pool that way. In fact, we were loathe to leave the pool area to visit the surrounding area as it was so nice, and you could always find sun or shade. There were plenty of towels and water by the pool, and it was uncrowded. Everyone raved about the turkey sandwich, as mentioned by other reviewers! Front desk staff and the concierge are really, really helpful and helped us with all our sightseeing/airport queries and arrangements. They also have smores kits for the kids to use in the fire pits at night, which is magical with the lights in the trees. The fitness center is good, clean, and was empty when we visited. There is also a business center with computers and printing facilities, and the front desk will check in your flight and print your boarding pass. If you don't have a car, their 3 mile shuttle service would be extremely useful to get out and about to shops and restaurants. We liked it and would stay there again if we were ever in the area.

Room Tip: It was very quiet in the 400s facing the pool. I think the carpark-facing rooms in this block would...
Green Features: Everything a hotel can do to cut down on environmental damage is a good thing. Assuming you have to run a dishwasher anyway, maybe you could dispense with plastic cutlery for lounger service meals and use metal instead?
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FordeFiesta
Thanks for the review! So happy to read that you and your family had a great experience with us! The Smores are a big hit for sure! Thanks for the feedback on the cutlery.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We paid a lot of money to stay in the room with a courtyard. Paid extra for a courtyard but it was rocks and some plants, should not even call it a courtyard. Nothing seemed to be up to mark for a resort. No luxury feeling, everything is plain jane. We saw a roach in our closet not to mention we were staying there with our 9 month old baby. The iron stand was broken so we had to wear wrinkled clothes while going out. The valet parking people kept staring at us as we didnt know where to go for valet parking. Nobody came up to ask! They had no kids activities, no breakfast ( I mean small snacks kids like to eat) !
Only exception, Taggia people were great, they had a great customer service.
The pool area was beautiful but I won't ever go there again! I still have bad memories of a roach in my room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Chandler C
EricaPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Oh my, this does not sound like a FireSky experience. I'm so sorry you had these things happen, and we will look into existance of any bugs right away because frankly, that sounds terrible. I hate to hear that you won't be back--please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can help change your mind. All the best.

Bellmawr, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Whenever we visit Arizona and fly into Phoenix we stay at the Firesky. We recently stayed again in April 2014 on a visit to the Tucson area and a return visit from Sedona. This establishment definitely knows how to get it right! The rooms are immaculate, the grounds gorgeous, the amenities like the morning coffee, tea and water and the evening wine tasting are all some of the little extras that make this hotel special.
We had an early flight and we asked where we could get coffee at 5 am (they start serving in the lobby at 6 am) and were given the option to have it in the lobby for us at 5 or even to be delivered to our room (free of charge). These are some of the reasons you feel special at this establishment. The staff are courteous, helpful, and just a pleasure to encounter.

Room Tip: I opted for a second floor.
Green Features: This hotel is definitely environmentally conscious! They use electric cars, have a plug in station, will lend you bikes for a bike ride, are animal-friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeansviews
Aww, what nice comments. Love that you enjoyed yourself and thank you for mentioning our staff. I will make sure to pass it along to them. Next time, skip Tucson and Sedona, and just come to FireSky. We'll be waiting for you...

South Dakota
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel was really unique. It looks like an old 1950's hotel that has been updated. Several two story buildings surround a central courtyard/pool area. There are lots of trees and cute little fire pits to hang around at night. The courtyard/pool area is really neat at night. They have cool lights hanging down from the trees. It's really a neat place to hang out.
There is a busy road in front of the hotel but I asked for a more quite room where I didn't have traffic noise and they had no problem helping me out with this. The interior rooms open to the courtyard/pool. The exterior face the parking lots. I didn't spend much time in my room or on the balcony for it to make much of a difference which way I faced. Next time I might pay less and face the parking lot. No big deal. Building 500 has the spa on the first floor. It's closest to the busy road. I was in the 300 building and it was quiet.
My friends and I had a massage and and the 30 min mani and pedi. It was great! Very relaxing and fun!
We ate several meals at the Taggia restaurant in the hotel. I had steel cut oatmeal with fruit every morning. It was very good! I also had a turkey sandwich for lunch one day that was amazing! It wasn't just any old turkey sandwich!
The rooms were very nice. The bathrooms were spacious with a shower but no bathtub. The beds were kind of lumpy but at least they weren't rock hard.
The location of the hotel is wonderful! Downtown Scottsdale wasn't far and the shopping mall was just 2 blocks away. You didn't feel like you were right downtown but you were close enough. I ran on a nice bike trail and we took the free bikes out one morning. They have running trails listed in the room with distances which was helpful. The staff as well as people on the street were all very friendly. I felt safe running by myself in the morning.
I mentioned there were a lot of trees on the property. If you go to the hotel in the middle of summer this is wonderful. We were there in later March and had to dodge the shade and seek out the sun most of the afternoon.
This is a pet friendly hotel. Scottsdale as a whole is pet friendly too. If you like pets then this won't bother you. There was a dog that a man had by the fire pit that was in a bad mood. This was kind of annoying and scary. My friend was woken up several times at night to a barking dog in a room near hers. This could potentially be a problem. Have some common sense people!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a nice hotel with a spa close to downtown Scottsdale, AZ.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank kctherat
Thanks for the great detailed review! We have a beautiful spot here. And yes, we are pet friendly, but never want that to disturb our non-pet accompanied guests. See you back in Scottsdale soon.

North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I wish we had been here longer. The staff was very professional and helpful. Our room was extremely attractive and very comfortable. The grounds are gorgeous and sitting around the firepits was great fun! We had crack if dawn room service breakfast which arrived on time and was perfect. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cmcfong
EricaPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We love that you loved it! See you again soon.