“Beautiful resort - we loved our stay there!”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
circle pines
“Beautiful resort - we loved our stay there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

We stayed there for five days at the end of October and thoroughly enjoyed it. We arrived in the morning, so we had breakfast at their Taggia restaurant. We sat outside on the patio overlooking the beautiful ponds, pools, plants and palm trees - which was wonderful for us since we came from Minnesota - we can't do that in October! The breakfast frittatas were awesome. Our room was lovely, nice balcony overlooking the grounds and had every amenity we needed - and more. The hotel is so nicely located, we could walk to several restaurants, Fashion Square Mall and Old Scottsdale. We did use the hotel's free shuttle to go down to Old Scottsdale, but walked back. Arrived just in time to partake in the complimentary wine they were serving in the lobby! When we got back to our room, there were Halloween cupcakes and bags of candy. Another treat! The staff was also extremely pleasant, giving suggestions on things to do, asking us how our stay was so far, etc. We felt like VIPs! I wish we could have stayed a day or two longer to enjoy the warm weather and sit by the pools (one pool even has a sandy beach!) I always like to give credit where credit is due, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flashy221

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Brentwood, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2009

The resort is nice, as other Kimpton hotels, new modern furniture and decors, but the property is old and it shows. I strongly agree about the musty smell in the hallways and inside the room. Our bathroom was big as a "loculus", as my husband says..there wasn't enough space even for one person, no vanity as other rewiews stated. On the other hand the walk in closet was double the size of bathroom, no sense. We had a nice rate of $ 129 but next time in Scottsdale we will choose something else.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
CherylMartin, Asst General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 November 2009
Hello Juliana,
I am sorry to hear that you did not like our bathrooms. Our building is 48 years old and a few of our rooms do have a larger closet than others. I hope you will accept my sincere apology for the musty smell and I promise to look into what the cause is. We pride ourselves on providing great rooms and great service, so thank you for telling us about your exerience and I do hope you would come back as we appreciate your loyalty to Kimpton Hotels.
Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

I had the pleasure of being introduced to Firesky while attending a conference. This is by far one of my favorite hotel stays, I just came back from a resort in St. Thomas that (except for the location) paled in comparison. The only thing I regretted was not having an opportunity to stay longer and more free time to actually enjoy the resort (I spent most of my time in the conference rooms which were also lovely). My husband and I are thinking about making a visit this winter.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

The FireSky may not be the most well known resort in the Phoenix area, but it should be. We stayed there last weekend and were blown away. The room was large and extremely comfortable - great bed, linens, etc. The pools are really beautiful and we loved the cabana seating areas. The restaurant is absolutely outstanding. We were also really impressed with the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. They made us feel very welcome. This is a very well run hotel in one of the best locations possible; we would give it our highest recommendation.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
CherylMartin, Asst General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 October 2009
The FireSky staff wants to thank you for such a nice review of the resort and our italian restaurant, Taggia. I am so happy that we met and exceeded your expectations! I just love our location too! Please come back and visit us soon.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

Spent three nights with my girlfriends at Firesky Resort and barely left the property. The resort was fantastic and the customer sevice top notch. The great experience started the moment I checked-in. I arrived on Thursday morning around 11am and our suite was not ready. The person at the front desk offered to call my cell number when the room was ready. After lunch and lounging by the pool I received a call that the room was ready. Showed up at the front desk and was handed my keycards for the rooms. Such a simple gesture that impressed me but has never been offered at another hotel.

The property and vegetation is beautiful. You definitely feel very secluded despite being in the heart of Scottsdale. The size of the resort is perfect. Very easy access to everything without having to walk long distances. Really enjoyed that I could run back to my room for anything I needed throughout the day. Lots of fun sitting areas throughout the resort to relax and read and great patios/decks off each room. A couple of firepits that looked fabulous but unfortunately did not find the time to enjoy. The pool areas are perfect for relaxing and did not get overly crowded. The sand bottom pool was a nice change of pace but seemed to be where the little kids hung out if you want to avoid that.

The free SUV service came in handy for dinner and getting to a local hiking spot. We took advantage of the free wine (5-6pm daily) and were even offered plastic wine glasses if we wanted to return to the pool to enjoy our drinks. Ate at the restaurant (Taggia) multiple times for breakfast and lunch. Very good food at a reasonable price (fries and calamari were fantastic!). Enjoyed a facial at the spa and was given a 25% off coupon at check in. The spa is probably not up to the standards of some of the high end resorts in the area but if you are looking for a simple treatment before heading to the pool it was perfect.

Overall, I was extremely pleased with the entire stay and have no complaints. All the positive reviews are right on. This is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the beautiful AZ weather and I would definitely return if I was in the area again. The only advice I would offer is to make sure to request an interior room that faces the courtyard versus one that faces the parking lot and streets.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
CherylMartin, Asst General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 October 2009
Thank you for the heartfelt testimony about the FireSky! I am thrilled to hear you and your girlfriends had a great experience and enjoyed our amenities. Please come back again and enjoy roasting a smore over the firepits:)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2009

We stayed just one night on the occasion of a friend's birthday dinner at Taggia, and brought our dog, so our expectations were initially focused on 'pet hospitality' and dining experience. FireSky hit a home run in both categories. But we also enjoyed the manageable scale and comfortable, inviting feel of the whole resort and although we had only driven 25 minutes from home, we felt transported to a different place on our very short 'staycation'.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
CherylMartin, Assistant General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 October 2009
Thank you for sharing your recent experience! We love and welcome our four legged friends and I am happy that everyone had a good time and have wonderful memories to share. Please come back soon, especially since you are down the street. Warmest Regards,
phoenix, az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

While I would consider myself a world traveler, I sometimes like to find little niches around my hood to crash for long weekends. Of late I have not been too impressed with the local fare compared to those hotels I travel to when on business. Well, my luck changed this past weekend. I spent the weekend at a delightful Kimpton Hotel; Firesky Resort and Spa located just north of the main drag in Scottsdale. I have stayed at various Kimpton properties and I have never been disappointed. Firesky is an excellently run Kimpton property which is now on my list of vacation recommendations.

I was impressed from the first time I entered the lobby. It is open, airy, and full of light; the furniture has a funky yet contemporary look and feel. The colors are soothing and very pleasing to the eye. Mind you, this is my first impression entering the lobby. What impressed me further was when I checked in; there was a dog bed just to the right of the arrival/departure desk. It said Bosco in big blue letters. I was informed that the picture on the desk of a chocolate spaniel was in fact, Bosco. I was further informed that Bosco was the Director of Pet Relations and that he was off that day. A hotel with a four-legged Pet Director, how incredible is that?

This was exciting because I brought my dog with me but I thought I would have to bring her with me everywhere because most dog tolerant hotels do not allow animals to stay in the room alone. I had concerns that we would be sequestered into certain areas of the property dubbed “dogs only” (a steel gate wrapping around a couple of plastic chairs on a grassy knoll). I will tell you this could not be further from the truth! To start off with, my dog’s name was chalked in on the pet welcome board at the front desk.

My astonishment continued when we arrived in the room, there were two bowls, one for her water, the other for her food and a dog bed!! This was quite impressive. She immediately went to the dog bed and plopped down for a spell. There were stations located throughout the property where pet parents could grab a baggy for their pet; there were disposal cans aplenty as well. Before dinner, we took a stroll through the lobby where heaps of affection were lavished on my little girl. She loved it as well.

I have been so impressed with how they treated my pet that I almost forgot to talk about the two-legged guests. I was there for a birthday dinner as well. All I can say is incredible! The service I received from the front desk attendant to the bell hop was excellent. The room had lovely standard appointments and was large and immaculate. The rooms were well sound-proofed and quiet. Should I have chosen to spend the day in football heaven, I could have with their oversized flat screen TV which was strategically placed at the end of the bed.

The dinner menu at Taggia was different and delicious. We had a party of 15 but you would have thought it was just you. The staff was efficient and friendly. They provided just the right amount of interaction during the meal. Plates were taken and presented with minimal intrusion. The ambiance was perfect; we sat on their patio overlooking their riparian oasis. Waterfalls topped with fire spilling downward into pool of blue.

If you are looking for a hotel that attends to your needs (most before you realize you have a need), then Firesky is a destination you must put on your map. It is close to shopping and nightlife; provided you even want to leave the property!! We chose not to.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends