“Relaxing time, nice grounds, friendly staff”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston
“Relaxing time, nice grounds, friendly staff”
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We really enjoyed our visit to the Fire Sky resort. The staff was friendly and helpful and , the food outstanding and reasonably priced. I understand what another reviewer said about the property seemed a bit dated as the layout seemed a bit old school. But I thought the pool area was beautifully landscaped. The layout of the pool and garden created many sittiing areas that are comfortable, tranquil and semi-private. Do request a garden/pool view room so you donot get a view of the parking lot, and don't forget your swim suit. The pool is kept quite warm (even in January) and there is a hot tub to enjoy. All in all a very nice stay. I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
Beavercreek, OH
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This resort, and spa, was top notch in every way. I couldn't have enjoyed my stay in the Phoenix area any further. Haven't had that much fun in years! The resort grounds and amenities were beyond beautiful, and the staff went above & beyond in every way possible to make everyone's stay a fond memory. My spa facial (from Brooke) and massage (from Ericka) were as invigorating and relaxing as I've EVER had. So if you do choose to stay here, definitely take the opportunity to treat yourself to a spa treatment (or two). In summary, I give the FireSky two BIG thumbs WAY up!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
CherylMartin, Asst General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 January 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent experience at the FireSky and Jurlique Spa. I am thrilled to hear that our staff made a difference, especially Brooke and Ericka from Jurlique Spa. I will share your review with the staff and we hope to see you back at the FireSky soon! Happy New Year.
Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2010

The FireSky was a big disappointment to us.

I was expecting more of a Resort than a renovated LaQuinta, that's what we felt like we were staying in...

The rooms were nothing special, the pool area was so-so, our room had a balcony that overlooked the parking lot...nice view...

The bar inside was overcrowded with the guest staying there for a business meeting and we were not able to really enjoy the area at all.

I did have a spa experience, but even there it wasn't quiet, it was an area of rooms at the end of one of the wings renovated - no place to relax prior to services or sauna areas...not worth a visit.

For the price you are better off staying at another resort, one that really is a resort.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
CherylMartin, Asst General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 January 2010
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sad to hear that you had a horrible stay with us and did not like the physical property. I hope our staff and service exceeded your expectations as we take great pride in our guest satisfaction. Our property is 49 years old and Kimpton has worked hard to update and rennovate . I am sorry you do not like the resort, as we would love to have you back as our guest.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Stayed here in December 2009 for 3 nights/4 days. First I would like to mention that Kimpton (the company that owns Fire sky) is making huge strides in preserving the environment and our natural resources. This company is wonderful and should be recognized for their efforts. The hotel is an older property that has been updated. The hotel grounds are beautiful! Although the weather was warm considering the time of year, I wished it were a bit warmer so that I could have lounged by their lovely pool. It looks like a shaded lagoon. Our room was large and cleaned and well stocked with bath products, towels, etc. The bed was uber-comfortable. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond to accommodate us in any way that they could. The NEVER said "No". This hotel offers some wonderful extras like a wine hour, coffee/tea in the morning, etc. These things are FREE--and go a long way with guest loyalty. They are also Pet friendly and it was so nice to be able to pet other guests dogs as we were missing our own back home.

Yes, the walls are a touch thin and some noise can be heard but it did not bother us in the least. Also, we got a beyond fair rate by calling the hotel directly and booking. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank FLNOLE
Arizona
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We stayed at the FireSky Resort, because they do not charge a pet fee, and since it was for only 1 night (I hated to pay the $75.00 - $100.00 per visit at most other hotels) I thought it would be a great place to stay. FireSky had some great reviews too. Well my 4lb. dog heard everything all night (she growled and barked at the door with every noise she heard) I have stayed at many hotels with her and never had any problems. The room was a pet room and smelled like one too. I think next time it is best to stay in hotels that do charge a cleaning fee, because the rooms are kept very nice.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I enjoyed my 3 night stay at FireSky. It was my first trip to the Phoenix area, and the location was perfect. An easy drive to restaurants, shopping, and area attractions. The room was very nice and comfortable. Great bed! The bathroom fixtures were pretty, but a bit worn. Not a big deal to me. The toiletries were good brands, and I enjoyed using them. Loved the wood closet doors and all of the little stylish touches in the room. I liked spending time at the hotel, even getting room service and eating at Taggia (the hotel restaurant) 2 of the nights, which I rarely do especially in a city with so many great places to eat. I would recommend either, although I thought the restaurant was a bit pricy (which is why I usually avoid hotel restaurants, in general). I ate outside at Taggia and couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere! Fireplaces and fountains...beautiful! I enjoyed walking around the resort, and found a quiet spot next to the little lagoon to relax and read. (Was hoping to do so next to the pool, but there were too many kids having a good time for it to be quiet. Luckily, there was room for all of us to enjoy the resort facilities). Service was great everywhere in the resort. Friendly and helpful.

I didn't have the noise problems that I read other reviewers had. Didn't have a fabulous view (and hadn't paid for one), but it was certainly very nice to have a patio. Just a note, if you're on the second floor, don't believe there are elevators (at least I didn't see one in my building) If that's a problem for you, be sure to request a first floor room. Self parking was very convenient and easy.

All in all, a fabulous stay. I'd go again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and took time to share such detailed feedback and about the resort and Taggia. I will be sure to pass it on. We hope to see you back in the near future. Happy New Year!
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed 19 December 2009

My wife and I came here for a nice weekend getaway. We ended up checking out a day early because you could clearly hear your neighbors through the walls, the rooms are remodeled but not in good repair (IE: stains on the white marble floor coming from the toilet- see picture) and the place just feels old- like a motel 6 rom the 1960s. The staff really are excellent, nice people and want you to be happy, but the property itself is substandard. For $200 it is not worth it. For $99 maybe. It does have a nice location a couple blocks from Scottsdale Fashion Square, and the lobby is gorgeously done in rock. I would not go back- there are better hotels at better prices. Also, we booked it thru Expedia so it was an ordeal to get our second night's money back.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple