All reviewsthe original pancake housefashion mallgreat locationneiman marcusaarp discounthigh end mallroom was cleansafe locationbreakfast restaurantold townrooms are basicplenty of hot waterdefinately stay hereduring spring trainingwithin walking distancecouple of nightsgolf cart
Reviewed 25 October 2007

I am 57 years old and have stayed in a lot of hotels in my lifetime. This was the worst experience I have ever had at any establishment I have stayed in. Not only will I never stay at this motel again I will never stay in any Motel 6 again. I will sleep in the car, a bus station, a train terminal or an airline terminal or just go without sleep.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank nipperDc
Reviewed 4 March 2007

In terms of location, unbeatable. Just off of Scottsdale Road, which is one of the main roads in Scottsdale. Also close to the Fashion Square Mall....if you stay on the back side of the building, you are right across from Dillards and can get to the rest of the mall from there. This worked out great for my mother-in-law and I...I was attending a conference at the Marriott and had to drive there, but she had access to all the shopping, a movie theater, and several restaurants just at the mall. Plus, Old Town Scottsdale is within walking distance...maybe only a mile.

I went to the pancake restaurant next to the hotel one morning...excellent pancakes! My mother-in-law went there for breakfast severeal times and she said the oatmeal was great.

Negative points....no alarm clock in the room. I thought that was pretty standard. Also, the towels/washcloths are like sandpaper...but it IS a Motel 6. I just took a beach towel and used that for the most part. The room was very clean and for the most part it was very quiet, although there was a group of people with show dogs staying there the same time as us and they woke us up a few times with their barking.

Overall, I was very pleased. I would say this is the best hotel deal in Scottsdale. If you're looking to be pampered, however, this is not for you. But there are plenty of spas available for that purpose.

By the way, do NOT go to Oasis massage place on East Camelback....the massage/pedicure was fine but the staff was very unprofessional, the facility was cluttered, and the massage therapist didn't stop talking about herself the entire time. Not very relaxing!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank chrgrl
Reviewed 11 December 2006

It's a Motel 6. That's a given. They are all the same----basic accommodations. But , what is incredible is the price and location! This is Scottsdale! I paid less than $50 for a room for two. The area is safe and busy. Motel 6 is literally a stone's throw from the upscale Fashion Mall and Yards brewpub. It is a very short walk to Border's, PF Chang's, and the Scottsdale trolley (free) stop. Any other hotel in this area is well over $100 a night.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandman3858
Reviewed 16 September 2005

We paid $30 for this hotel and it exceeded expectations. The location is great, right next to the big Fashion Mall. This 3-level mall has everything you could want - great restaurants and shops. The hotel is situated by itself on Camelback Rd. It is a very nice area in Scottsdale. The breakfast restaurant at the front of the hotel was great. The only knock on this hotel was the hotel staff - they were college aged males and appeared to be unhappy (or embarrassed) with their job. They were unfriendly and one one guy told me he didn't know how to get to the freeway. You think the owner could hire some nicer people. Other then the staff the hotel and location were just great for a Motel 6.

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank CraigJ92
Reviewed 28 April 2005

You essentially get what you pay for here. Small room, with 21' TV, bed and small bathroom and chair. However, this porpery has decent outdoor pool with a jacuzzi. Locatin is very convenient directly behind the large Fashion Square shopping Mall. Nice Pancake house in front is the best around. You'll never beat the price and if you need just a place to lay your head it's OK. No perks just: "We'll leave the Light on for 'Ya" Motel 6 basics.

• Stayed: December 2004