“Nice location nice rooms”
Review of Motel 6 Scottsdale

Motel 6 Scottsdale
Ranked #58 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Ok, Motel 6 again! As you can see from my reviews I am in the Hotel business and travel as the Director of Business development for a Hotel company. I stay all over the USA and this Motel 6 has the "New" Phoenix rooms. With Hard wood floors and flat screen TV'S new beds so on...
The GM is nice and her staff are nice. The location is real great as it's in Downtown Scottsdale and surrounded by upper scale resorts so, you feel like you should pay more..... We stayed a few times here and one time in the older style rooms then we got a chance to stay in the "New" Phoenix rooms. The size of the rooms are small but the pools is nice and clean and they do have a restaurant on site but we did not eat try it. All in all a nice Motel 6. But if you do get a chance try the Studio 6 as we did in Tucson and that was wonderful read my review on that. Thank you again Tripadvisor for letting me post my "Real" reviews.......

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven L

Reviewed 13 May 2013

stayed the night of may 7th. I was looking for someplace near the mall as i had a seminar to attend the next morning. I was very happy with the hotel. The location was within 2 blocks of the mall. The room was small but very clean. There was little noise. I could sit by the pool and relax. For the price , i thought this was a very good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sea-mike
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We wanted somewhere cheap for our 2nd last night and so booked this motel based on price and location. It is situated opposite Fashion Square Mall which you can access via Nieman Marcus next door which is air conditioned and save yourself an extra 5mins walk in 100 degree heat which we found out afterwards. Our room was ok the bedding needs updating very colourful lurid 80's design the blanket provided was extremely itchy and I discarded it from the bed as it was making me itch. I also found a couple of bugs on my bed which I removed then couldn't get back to sleep as I was convinced I was being invaded by them! You get what you pay for it was ok for 1 night but that was enough. It was great being able to park directly outside our room and the Pancake House next door does great breakfasts.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hamoli
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Small room, but clean.

Next door to a pancake house which was real handy and across the street from the shopping mall.

Nice pool and hot tub on the grounds.

5 miles to Arizona/Colorado Baseball fields and about 20-25 minutes to the airport.

Linda and Amber were really helpful in directions and other information.

Hair dryer available at front desk if needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DowCity20
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was the cheapest option in scottsdale so overall it wasn't a bad room. Yes, it's small and smells a little funny if you don't keep the fan on. The TV SUCKED -- super small and the picture was blurry, so that was my biggest complaint. And there is no hair dryer! Buyer beware. But this is what you get in a budget motel. But The walk to town wasn't bad...about 10 minutes and all sidewalks. The pool looked decent, but i didn't use it. The BEST thing about this hotel is that it's right next door the the original pancake house, so slip next door for the salami and eggs- delicious :) Also there's a shopping mall on the other side so plenty to do in the general vicinity.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was one of the smallest hotel rooms I have ever seen. My husband and I and my 7 year old were tripping over each other. There was no clock (!) and the clerk told my hubby it was because people kept stealing them. No hairdryer either. On the plus side, the beds were very firm and clean and the bathroom was clean. The pool was nice and clean and warm, and the jacuzzi was great! The wood floor was not clean, however. Be sure to check out the pancake house right next to this motel-it was wonderful. Paid $3-ish per night for WiFi which never worked. At check out we were told some of the WiFi codes are typos-so check with the desk if you have problems. About a 5 out of 10.

Room Tip: Okay for short stays- we were there for 2 nights. Our room was on the northeast corner (217) in the...