All reviewsthe original pancake housefashion mallneiman marcusaarp discountroom was cleansafe locationold townrooms are basicplenty of hot waterhigh end shoppingdefinately stay herelocation is greatduring spring trainingwithin walking distancecouple of nightsgolf cartper night
Reviewed 26 November 2010

This was our first stop on our cross-country move from Southern California to Chicago. Last time we stayed in a ghetto area of Phoenix, so I did my homework on TripAdvisor prior to booking this motel. Motel 6 is pet friendly & they don't charge any extra pet deposit or fee.

The motel is literally a stones throw away from Fashion Square, a 4 level mall with a ton of eateries and restaurants (where we grabbed dinner). Wi-fi internet is only $2.99 for 24 hours. Nice wood floors and clean bathroom.

The staff was friendly, however I couldn't get over the wet dog smell of our room. Also, the walls are VERY thin, so we heard every belch, groan, etc. from our next door neighbor. Perhaps one can request more isolated room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Like all 6's, the Scottsdale property has fairly small room, but they have recently been renovated, were sparkling clean, and the hotel is in a quiet area. The manager of this property is taking great care to keep everything in very good order. No, you don't get any amenities, but when you pay the price they are asking, you shouldn't expect anything but a clean comfortable room and bed. Cudos to M-6 Scottsdale.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandiaman
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Stayed at Motel 6 last year and here's the update: they actually got better! the room was CLEAN, QUIET and COMFORTABLE, with hardwood floors, and I was qouted a price on the internet of $45.99 but when I checked in , I was given a rate of $37.99, thank you very much! the Pankcake house is still on the property and the food is sill good although a bit pricey ( it IS Scottsdale!) Only complain is that the pool wasnt clean and needed a scimming but overall money well spent!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank goyankees1962
Reviewed 15 May 2008

Having stayed at Motel 6 in other towns, this one is definitely above average. For just an overnight, I am usually looking for a budget priced motel and not expecting much. When considering the price as well as the location, I was pleasantly surprised by this particular Motel 6. It is very close to the Fashion Square Mall and Old Town Scottsdale which is loaded with shops and places to eat.
It wasn't the usual "box style" that I'm used to either. I think the upper level rooms overlooking the pool area seem to be the best location and a multi-day stay there would not be out of the question. The pool area was clean and not run down.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thelild
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Stayed during FBR Open and Superbowl week in Scottsdale. The location cannot be beaten, right next to the Fashion Mall and a short walk to the old town area.
My room was clean and functional, and the bed was very comfortable-no complaints at all.
My main problem was the attempt to overcharge me $30 per night on check-in, despite holding a confirmed confirmation and rate from Motel 6 own website, and the very surly attitude of the staff, who obviously need some customer service training.
To be fair after i called for the manager he did honour the rate i had (in writing after all !) even if he was one of the scariest looking individuals i have come across in quite a while !
Overall though, you will not get better value in Scottsdale, just dont expect it to be like the Phoenician down the road !

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KJ5556