“Great choice for our wedding guests”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The Hampton Inn & Suites was a great choice for our wedding guests. I got married in September 2011. The weather was nice and our guests had no problem walking to the local stores and restaurants. The shuttle service was great for our guests who did not rent a car. The hotel shuttle even picked up our guests from Desert Ridge after the rehearsal dinner. The also tranported them to and from our wedding venue. My husband and I stayed there on our wedding night and we had no complaints. The rooms are nice and the staff was great. Our guests really enjoyed their stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your wonderful wedding event, congratulations to the happy couple, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Making sure that all our guests are well taken care of is what brings us the greatest satisfaction, and I will share your comments with everyone here. I hope you will keep us in mind when you are looking for rooms here in North Scottsdale.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Overall it was a good stay…..the hotel was under construction….They were replacing flooring on the 1st floor forcing you to go outside to get to the elevator, but that wasn’t a big deal……

The room was nice (I had a suite)…..the ‘desk’ in the kitchen had a stapler, tape dispenser, pens, post-its…etc, which was a nice touch for a business traveler…..The hotel is in a great location with shopping and dining very close by, but it’s a little hard to find because it’s tucked back off the main thoroughfare….…..

The only fault I found was the sheets on my bed had a stain on them…it was obvious they had been washed, but there was still a small stain in the middle of the sheet so you’d think someone would catch it when making up the bed and not put the sheets on…..…..(Deducted a 'star' for this)....

Would I stay there again.....Yes

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jbwilkins

Thank you for your understanding and tolerance of our remodeling project, and please accept my apologies for the stained sheet. You are right, that should have been caught and replaced, and I have shared your review with our housekeeping team so this will not recurr. I hope you will give us a chance to earn that 4th star the next time you are here.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed over the Thanksgiving week. We were pleased with how well we were treated. Friendly staff :). Love the extras they gave us. 1st night in they had eggs rolls & fresh veggies for a snack. Then they next day it was pumpkin pies. We ordered room service w/ the kids was a fun treat.On our last night they gave us milk & cookies. We will definitely be back. Was well worth the pay. Thanks again

• Stayed: November 2011

It is so nice to get a review like yours, we really appreciate the recognition, thank you. I'm glad you liked the amenities and service we provide and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

What a treat, we were so pleasantly surprised by this friendly, clean, accommodating hotel. We were visiting family for Thanksgiving and with a family of 5 it can be a challenge finding a decent inexpensive hotel that allows 5 in a room. The suite was perfect with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch in the other room. A full size refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, 2 burners, microwave and toaster were in the kitchen area. They had a basket filled with coffee, hot chocolate, and microwave popcorn. My kids were in heaven. The lobby always had lemon water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and fruit. On Thanksgiving when we came home from dinner there was also pumpkin and apple pie. Often cookies or other treats were available in the lobby at no cost. The breakfast is only lavish, not the standard cold cereal and waffle iron, but they had eggs, potatoes, meats, oatmeal, yogurts, fruits and tons of breads/pastries. Not up to my standards of yumminess, but the kids loved it. My husband had forgot his shaving cream, no problem they were happy to provide for him. As we left for the day we were offered bottled water. I would definitely come back again and recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

I'm so glad you were able to spend the holidays with your family here, thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments and recommendation. It is such a special time of the year, and we try to share the good holiday spirits with everyone. All the best to you and yours for a happy and healty 2012.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Clean rooms, friendly staff, good location and good breakfast. Excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2011
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Thanks for your stay and for taking the time to post your comments and rating. I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Scottsdale.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our family just took a 5 day trip to AZ. I was totally blown away at how nice everyone was (they all smiled and were so very helpful), how beautiful the rooms were, how clean everything was, and the amazing breakfast in the morning. My husband and I used the exercise room, and even though it was small, it was clean and the machines were well maintained. The pool area was really nice too, and we really enjoyed spending time there. The best part was, right after we checked in, the front desk called to make sure everything was ok. Then the next day we were surprised with cookies and milk. Those are the types of touches that will make me a repeat customer. I have found my new home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words and rating. Everyone here knows that travel can be stressful enough, and vacations are supposed to be stress free, so we do everything we can to make our guests happy they chose to stay with us. There are so many great things to do near here and in the greater Phoenix area, I hope you will consider another trip here the next time you want to get away. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

On a recent shopping trip my wife and I stayed at this property. The staff was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. The breakfast included was standard fare for a Hampton Inn but presented well and kept up by an efficient staff. The property was a little hard to find since the sign off of Scottsdale at Bell Roads was obscured by a tree. The rooms were clean and spacious but could use some new touches. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: The southwest side of the hotel is quietest - ask for room 101