“Just ok”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed here at an expensive premium during the Phoenix open. Definitely not worth the 259$ a night. The sheets are slippery and fell off the bed each night. The beds are hard, the AC marginal and we had an unasked for 6am wake up call. The carpets in hallways and stairwells were dirty breakfast is nothing special. Very disappointed for the cost.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly T
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

I am very sorry you were dissatisfied with us during your recent stay and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the conditions you describe, which are certainly not up to our usual high standards. We have reached out to you privately to get more details and try to make this right for you, and if you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your respect in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I would highly recommend staying at this location as the staff is top notch, facilities are great, and location worked out perfectly for me. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel like a cherished guest. When I did encounter a minor hiccup doing laundry on site, the front desk staff was able to get me sorted out quickly. I ended up meeting a woman I'm crazy about and extended my stay at the hotel several times.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GeeQueReg

Thank you very much for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent experiences with us. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and we want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us. We do everything we can to make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay and really appreciate your kinds words about our team. I hope things work out with your new friend, and that you will let us serve you here again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We could not have chosen a better place to stay while my husband was being treated at the Mayo Clinic & Hospital. The rooms and beds were comfortable, very clean and I felt completely safe when my husband was at the hospital after surgery. The free shuttle service was priceless! The whole staff was helpful, friendly, pleasant and overall excellent! I will stay here again when my husband has his second surgery. With all the amenities offered here the value is exceptional this includes the breakfast, business center, guest laundry, shuttle service, afternoon snack, exercise room, the well stocked "store", in room refrigerator & microwave, pool, hot tub, hot coffee, tea or hot chocolate available 24 hours, free wifi in the rooms, car rental business, walking distance to some good restraurants, and those yummy cookies in the lobby!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna S
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay with us. Travel can be full of pros and cons, and we want to be part of the pros for all our guests. Maria, Juanita and Rosie are terrific, and I'll be sure they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to serving you here again.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I have stayed at this property several times over the years, and have always been impressed by the helpful staff, and wonderful location in N Scottsdale, it is particularly close to the auto auctions and Phoenix Open golf tournament. Highly recommend. There are many great restraunts nearby as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vailguy

Thank you for your many visits and 5 star review. I hope you will continue to let us know how we can make you comfortable every time you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This Hampton Inn & Suites is very nice. The lobby is pretty. The staff are pleasant and helpful. I was totally impressed with them. The room was very clean. We had a little suite--a bedroom with a king bed and then a living room with a kitchen area including stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishes, and a counter that you could eat at. The bathroom was nice. The housekeeper even left us chocolates (so leave her a tip!). Personally, my husband and I thought the bed was too hard and the pillows were hard, but others may like them. We were in Phoenix for the Barrett-Jackson car auction and the hotel had a free shuttle to and from the auction. This was a great bonus because others told me driving there and parking was terrible. The shuttle drivers were very friendly. The pool and hot tub were nice and very clean. The hotel also has an exercise room and a business center with 2 computers and 2 printers. The internet connection was good (and free in the rooms). I can't comment on price because I used Hilton Honors reward points for our room. The hotel is close to many restaurants and some shopping, and it's pretty easy to find.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand, and choosing to stay with us during your recent visit, and for sharing your comments. I'm glad you like the lobby which was completely remodeled late last year. I'm glad you know you can count on Hampton for great service and accommodations, and we really appreciate your kind words about our team. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Travel is always difficult the staff have made my travels a comfortable and welcoming stay. two individuals have gone out of their way to make my stay enjoyable, Maria from the breakfast room and Juanita Torres in housekeeping along with the staff in the front desk and Rosie from the lobby are always there to welcome me upon my return

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ralph S

Thank you for your recent stay and nice comments. Travel can be full of pros and cons, and we do what we can to be a part of the pros for our guests. Maria, Juanita and Rosie are terrific, and I'll be sure they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. I hope you will let us serve you here again in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

I've just returned from my second stay at the Hampton this year for business, and I must write and say how impressed I was with aspects of the service during my stay.

Rooms are always clean and well maintained, and the staff in particular Anderlie and Max went out of their way to make me feel welcome. In particular I really like the way that they remembered me from my last visit, but are always friendly,warm and helpful with any requests. As I was staying for two weeks, laundry was a problem, as there is only one machine and it is often occupied - however the team arranged for me to use the facilities at the nearby Sleep Inn, which I understand shares the same management.

its the little things however, which I like about the Hampton brand - the breakfast, in room facilities such as a fridge and also having access to the shuttle bus which make it much easier to explore the local area., especially if you don't drive. The free wifi and other amenities are also much appreciated and definitely made the stay more comfortable.

I'd definitely recommend the Hampton to others for a comfortable stay, but its definitely the high level of customer service which makes this an attractive option to stay in Scottsdale. Thanks everyone!

Room Tip: Always chose the best rate where you can, (book online or enquire at reception), and if you have a c...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand, and for your return visit to our hotel. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and everyone here wants all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us, and want to return. We really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team, and your kind words mean a great deal. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your business (or pleasure) brings you to Scottsdale.