“Great Value Option”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We had a two night stay here while my husband had business and I explored the city. The location was great - near attractions and fantastic restaurants. The hotel staff was helpful and accommodating. Our room was adequate in size and clean. Pool was in a courtyard area so visitors don't feel as if they're stuck in a parking lot as some lesser priced motels are. Included breakfast offers hot and cold options and is fair, as are most that have breakfast as part of their fee. Work out room is average - clean with enough space but not a lot of equipment. Loved the bowls of fresh fruit, hot coffee/tea choices, freshly baked cookies and fruit infused water available throughout the day!!! Overall, a great value choice with good rooms and excellent service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. There is so much to explore in our area that I hope you are able to return when both you and your husband are able to share time and see the sights together. Please let us know how we can earn that 5th star from you the next time you are our guest.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Spent a week golfing in Scottsdale and used this hotel as our base. We had no complaints about the hotel at all. The room was a decent size, clean and everything we required was there and in working order. Breakfast was served every day with a reasonable variety of warm items over the course of the week, with healthy options always available. Week-nights there were some snacks put out around supper-time if you needed to munch on something. There appeared to be coffee available all day, which is nice if you drink it (I don't). Our room was well cleaned each day, with supplies always being topped up.

There are several restaurants just outside the front door, a gas station next door and large strip mall across the street. The free way is a short distance away and the hotel was surprising quiet as we had the window every night and heard virtually no traffic, especially sirens. Past experiences in other parts of Scottsdale/Mesa had a lot more emergency traffic noise in the background.

We enjoyed the pool and hot tub in the evening for a little relaxation. The price point and location for this hotel were great and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LSUC

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. I'm so glad you found us to be convenient and comfortable for you and your friends golf vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I typically stay at the Homewood Suites Hotels, but this trip, needed to be closer to the Tempe/Scottsdale area, so chose this site. It is very close to the 202/101 freeways, two exits down from the airport, so easy access to downtown, or wherever you need to go for business or pleasure, including shopping areas and restaurants.

The hotel is older, and most rooms are down and out rooms, with the door leading to an outside courtyard - not my favorite, since I like rooms inside the main building. There is a very nice courtyard area in the middle of the hotel buildings with benches, a putt putt course, and nice area to sit in good weather.

The breakfast area was clean and food was refilled often, but choices were limited. Very little protein, like hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, meats, but what they did offer was fresh.

The front office team was very freindly and helpful. As an Honors member, they welcomed me right away, asked me for my choice of snacks, and provided information readily.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

While this review is not about our location, I'm glad you had a good time at another member of the Hampton family, and hope you will give us a chance to serve you the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed here at an expensive premium during the Phoenix open. Definitely not worth the 259$ a night. The sheets are slippery and fell off the bed each night. The beds are hard, the AC marginal and we had an unasked for 6am wake up call. The carpets in hallways and stairwells were dirty breakfast is nothing special. Very disappointed for the cost.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly T
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

I am very sorry you were dissatisfied with us during your recent stay and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the conditions you describe, which are certainly not up to our usual high standards. We have reached out to you privately to get more details and try to make this right for you, and if you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your respect in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I would highly recommend staying at this location as the staff is top notch, facilities are great, and location worked out perfectly for me. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel like a cherished guest. When I did encounter a minor hiccup doing laundry on site, the front desk staff was able to get me sorted out quickly. I ended up meeting a woman I'm crazy about and extended my stay at the hotel several times.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GeeQueReg

Thank you very much for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent experiences with us. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and we want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us. We do everything we can to make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay and really appreciate your kinds words about our team. I hope things work out with your new friend, and that you will let us serve you here again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We could not have chosen a better place to stay while my husband was being treated at the Mayo Clinic & Hospital. The rooms and beds were comfortable, very clean and I felt completely safe when my husband was at the hospital after surgery. The free shuttle service was priceless! The whole staff was helpful, friendly, pleasant and overall excellent! I will stay here again when my husband has his second surgery. With all the amenities offered here the value is exceptional this includes the breakfast, business center, guest laundry, shuttle service, afternoon snack, exercise room, the well stocked "store", in room refrigerator & microwave, pool, hot tub, hot coffee, tea or hot chocolate available 24 hours, free wifi in the rooms, car rental business, walking distance to some good restraurants, and those yummy cookies in the lobby!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna S
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay with us. Travel can be full of pros and cons, and we want to be part of the pros for all our guests. Maria, Juanita and Rosie are terrific, and I'll be sure they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to serving you here again.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I have stayed at this property several times over the years, and have always been impressed by the helpful staff, and wonderful location in N Scottsdale, it is particularly close to the auto auctions and Phoenix Open golf tournament. Highly recommend. There are many great restraunts nearby as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vailguy

Thank you for your many visits and 5 star review. I hope you will continue to let us know how we can make you comfortable every time you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person soon.