“Good extended stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moscow, Idaho
“Good extended stay”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Wonderful service- good location; walking distance to many, many restaurants. Pretty quite and relaxed. Would really recommend- for business... maybe not so much for pleasure- but I was there for business, so it is hard to judge.
Candis Andie was wonderful- she set up travel to airport- and called our entire group to make sure we were all set. Thank you

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you for your lengthy stay and for posting your review. We do our best to make all our guests comfortable during their stay with us, and appreciate your kind words. We offer complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius to allow guests to explore the many shopping, dining and other interesting places nearby. I hope you will have more leisure time next trip so we can share more of our area with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My husband & I went to my home town specifically to see my son & his fiance in Scottsdale. We are soon to be grandparents for the very first time & they were showing horses at the All Arabian Horse Show. It is an iconic event. My family has participated in this horse show in one compacity or another since the 1980's. This hotel had everything going for it except for the rooms were a little tight. The breakfast was incredible. Hot waffles, hot oatmeal, hot eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy. A wonderful selection of fruits, yogurts, bagels, coffee flavors, coffee add-ins (i.e. coffee mate w/ a variety of flavors). Couldn't ask for a better breakfast unless you went to a restaurant. We spent 4 nights there & the front desk staff was very courteous and knowledgeable. They really would go out of their way to assist us. My husband & I are both disabled and they made sure our room was in a handy spot to parking our car & a handy location to the breakfast buffet. My husband is a Viet Nam vet & we got a discount on our room. I didn't give them 5 full circles - only 4 - and that was because of the small rooms. However, the bed was excellent. Pillows were great. A/C was noisy but it is a hotel room & you gotta expect a few things that aren't perfect. It goes with the "traveling" part of a vacation. Not everything is perfect and if the noisy a/c was a little noisy, stop whining. I for sure enjoyed our stay & would stay there again.

Room Tip: It might be worth the extra money to get a suite. A regular room is a little tight for a 4 night st...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Thank you and your husband for your service to our country, and for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Scottsdale and sharing your comments. The horse show is a terrific event and it sounds like its an important part of your life. I'm glad you were happy with the service we provided, and agree that a suite will have more space than a standard room, especially when traveling with four people. I hope you will give us a chance to earn that 5th circle the next time you are in town.
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed four nights as part of our Spring Training trip. We picked it solely on price. The most important thing to realize is that it is far away from most of the attractions of the area. If you are going to play golf at the TPC course or see a lot of games at Talking Stick, then this is the place. Otherwise, stay closer in.
The rooms were OK. The breakfast was mediocre at best. They cleverly label their coffee urns with Unleaded(deCaf), Regular , etc. BUT, if you are a fan of coffee, there's is quite weak. The manager came by while we were eating one day and asked how the bkfst. was. When I mentioned the coffee, he said "You're the first to complain". Yeah, right. Then, he suggested we go to Starbucks, a mile down the road. I smiled and held up my Starbucks cup, having determined earlier that I needed real coffee. The eggs were powdered, I believe. The rest of the selections were OK.
The hotel is near the 101 loop road making getting around easier, but, if you plan to spend a lot of time in Scottsdale proper, I'd suggest one of the closer hotels. I certainly would NOT recommend it for anyone without a car.
As for the room, the beds were fair, the air stale warm, and very dry. Leave your window open when your gone and at night. The room was fine otherwise.
On the plus side, there is a HUGE shopping center across the street with numerous restaurants, shops and a Trader Joes.

Room Tip: Be aware how far from downtown Scottsdale and most everything else this is. You will do a lot of dri...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and candid feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of your breakfast you experienced during your stay. We are working to improve our offerings and welcome your comments. We also want you to know that we do have a complimentary shuttle that will take our guests anywhere they want within 5 miles of the hotel, which includes a wide area full of many shopping, dining and entertainment options. We are planning a significant remodeling project to commence this summer and hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.
Fort Collins, CO
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I shared a room with my 9-year-old son during a Spring Training baseball trip with friends. The staff was helpful and friendly, the breakfast was good, the rooms were clean (though a little small), and the kids loved the pool. The location was extremely convenient to several stadiums and suited us perfectly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pjc1973
Thank you very much for your recent stay and nice review. I'm glad you and your son were happy with our location, service and accommodations, and hope you will be our guest again soon.
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. I have to say that the front desk ladies (Candis and Carina) went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. Candis, I swear lives there. She helped me several times with lost keys and scheduling the shuttle service to local restaurants/bars. Carina helped with out with bringing me a razor to my room. So sweet both of them! I also have to say that my room was kept clean and orderly. Andrea even left me some chocolates... not something I was expecting. The location is great too. We travelled to downtown Scottsdale, FLW house and Sedona. The hotel is very centrally located.

Room Tip: I prefer 3rd floor rooms so I don't have to hear anyone above me.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jennifer B
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to post your great review and 5 star rating. Everyone here wants all our guests to be glad they chose to stay with us, and we really appreciate your kind words about jobs well done. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again soon.
Minneapolis/St. Paul
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We had a two night stay here while my husband had business and I explored the city. The location was great - near attractions and fantastic restaurants. The hotel staff was helpful and accommodating. Our room was adequate in size and clean. Pool was in a courtyard area so visitors don't feel as if they're stuck in a parking lot as some lesser priced motels are. Included breakfast offers hot and cold options and is fair, as are most that have breakfast as part of their fee. Work out room is average - clean with enough space but not a lot of equipment. Loved the bowls of fresh fruit, hot coffee/tea choices, freshly baked cookies and fruit infused water available throughout the day!!! Overall, a great value choice with good rooms and excellent service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. There is so much to explore in our area that I hope you are able to return when both you and your husband are able to share time and see the sights together. Please let us know how we can earn that 5th star from you the next time you are our guest.
Edmonton
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Spent a week golfing in Scottsdale and used this hotel as our base. We had no complaints about the hotel at all. The room was a decent size, clean and everything we required was there and in working order. Breakfast was served every day with a reasonable variety of warm items over the course of the week, with healthy options always available. Week-nights there were some snacks put out around supper-time if you needed to munch on something. There appeared to be coffee available all day, which is nice if you drink it (I don't). Our room was well cleaned each day, with supplies always being topped up.

There are several restaurants just outside the front door, a gas station next door and large strip mall across the street. The free way is a short distance away and the hotel was surprising quiet as we had the window every night and heard virtually no traffic, especially sirens. Past experiences in other parts of Scottsdale/Mesa had a lot more emergency traffic noise in the background.

We enjoyed the pool and hot tub in the evening for a little relaxation. The price point and location for this hotel were great and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank LSUC
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. I'm so glad you found us to be convenient and comfortable for you and your friends golf vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.