“Need to improve the sheets”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have had stayed in many Hampton Inns in the past and the beds have always been fantastic but here the sheets were VERY poor quality. My skin felt scratched every morning and dry. I did not have a good nights sleep half of the four nights we stayed there. The room was spacious but not the best furniture. This Hampton Inn is in a good location which we appreciated. I took the shuttle service once but it wasn't available for the other time I needed it. I would recommend having a car and not relying on the shuttle. The breakfast had a lot of variety- eggs, waffles, bagels, toast, juice, coffee, fruit and yogurt. It just depends on what you are looking for.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ihearttravel13
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear ihearttravel13,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton family of hotels and posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the sheets here, and hope you will accept my apologies for the discomfort you experienced. I'll review the proper procedures for rotating inventory and cleaning and storing and make any necessary changes so others don't have the same experience as you. We value your business and your feedback which we will use to improve our operation. I hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in us on a future visit.

Guest Relations Manger

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had a first floor suite, because elevators are just one more thing to wait for, and I was very pleased with the value I got for my money. The wireless network functioned flawlessly while I was there, which is always a nice bonus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard C

Dear Richard C,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here for a family reunion. It was a very enjoyable 3 days. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast varied each morning. Beautiful lobby, within walking distance to some great restaurants. I felt very safe.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sandyBrowerville_MN
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear sandyBrowerville_MN,

Thanks for choosing to have your family reunion at our hotel. It was wonderful for us to see so many people connecting and reconnecting while you were here. I'm glad you were happy with us and hope you will be our guests again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Sinton, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very pretty hotel, check in policy is poor. Need to work on making it customer friendly or don't accept payment online from companies. The hotel was very clean and so were the rooms. The bed was very comfortable.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear TA Member,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed with us and apologize for the poor service you received. We value your business and your feedback and will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. We'd like to learn more and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this further. I hope you will give us a chance to regain your respect on a future visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very pleased with quality of facility. Lovely lobby, biz ctr, and gym. Free shuttle operated at all hours of the day and we used it extensively. Breakfast was very extensive and the quality was excellent (especially considering it was free). Front desk staff were extremely helpful arranging for transportation. Perhaps my best experience at any Hampton Inn.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear TA Member,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Hampton family of hotels, and for taking the time to write and share comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great staff and a very clean room. Common areas are getting old looking. Halls are lit with ugly lighting and the carpet is old and dated looking. TV was horrible to watch as it would not stay tuned. Soda machine was empty. Bathroom products were lovely. Again, the staff was so helpful and nice.

1  Thank SheriMpls
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very comfortable bed. A/C was a little cranky, didn't always work properly. Breakfast was OK, better that is was included. Very helpful staff, including shuttle to nearby hotel for conference. I would stay here again.

1  Thank Craig L
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Craig L,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice review. I'm sorry for any discomfort or disturbance you experienced due to the AC unit in your room and offer my apologies. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provided and hope you will stay with us again on a future visit.