“dirty and needs updating”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“dirty and needs updating”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

this hotel room was musty and didn't feel clean. we left and went elsewhere and would never recommend staying here. staff was ok but didn't really help much when asked questions. felt like they just wanted us to move and pay the bill.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear V E,

I am very sorry you had a bad experience at our award winning hotel. I'd like to learn more details about your stay and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this further and make amends. We honor the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and hope that this one experience doesn't have a negative influence on your opinion of the great Hampton family of hotels. We look forward to regaining your trust.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Livermore, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I would like to commend Donna at the front desk who was very helpful during my stay. She always had a smile on her face...made helpful suggestions if I had any question and made an effort to make sure my stay was comfortable and without worry....she provided excellent customer service. I would like to commend Derek at the front desk who always provided service with a smile. He was the one that always made my shuttle arrangements for me so I could get to where I needed to go on time and always provided excellent customer service. I would like to commend shuttle driver Mike that always provided service with a smile ....and made sure that my shuttle experience to and from my destination was a pleasant one...getting me to and from my destination on time. I would like to commend shuttle driver Jeff who always provided excellent customer service. He was very friendly and was always on time even when I was late. He always got me to my destination on time...making every effort to accommodate my busy schedule. I can not say enough positive things about my experience as a guest at this hotel. I felt as taken care of as if I was with family. Everyone was so nice, so professional, very accommodating and made every effort to insure a positive guest experience. I will not hesitate to return to this hotel if I ever return to the Scottsdale area in the future. I will also recommend this hotel to anyone I know that will be visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Kathy L,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. I'll make sure that Donna, Mike and Jeff all receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We value your business and really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Air conditioner is noisy but the breakfast is good and the rooms are nice. Also, the location is great with many shops and attractions close by. teh air conditioner made it difficult to get to sleep but if you can get over that the rest the property is great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear kjking,

I'm sorry you your AC unit was noisy and offer my sincere apologies for the disturbance and discomfort you experienced. If you will let me know which room you were in, via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com, I'll make sure that our maintenance team addresses it immediately. Timely input from valued guests such as yourself is used to make improvements to our operation. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay and appreciate that you included those comments in your review. I hope you will let us serve you and regain your confidence on a future visit.

Anthem, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The quality of the amenities is better, dollar for dollar, than a number of higher priced hotels. The furnishings are of high quality. The bedding is clean and of high quality. The bathroom is very clean and I was very comfortable using it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rodney J,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is another good example of Hampton Inns providing comfortable and clean accommodation at reasonable prices. Room was a bit small but comfortable and clean with good amenities. I particularly like the daily fresh bedding with no blankets or covers that previous guests have done who knows what on. Good free breakfast with additional tables in pool area is nice. Friendly and helpful staff. Although close to busy roads room was quiet. Several reasonable restaurants within short walking distance.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms - lights from cars parking
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MSPtravelerguy
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear MSPtravelerguy,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Hampton family of hotels, and for taking the time to write and post comments about your recent stay with us. Hampton is proud to be a lighthouse brand, where guests know they will receive the best in service and accommodations at a good value. We appreciate your compliments and hope we can serve you here again.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Excellent hotel for a low price. Especially suited for an extended stay. Added convenience of a decent breakfast before you start your day. Complimentary shuttle service to nearby stores and restuarants 24/7 is the icing on the cake!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Denise J,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we're happy to learn that you were happy here and that you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

KANSAS
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We initially chose this location for its proximity based on reviews and because of its proximity to the golf courses we were playing. This location was quiet and clean, easy to access from every direction and the staff were very pleasant during our stay. It shared the parking area with another hotel and a Tilted Kilt and there were several eating options within a few blocks as well. The rooms were clean and oversized and it was always quiet at night. The complimentary breakfast was a good choice and had variety everyday. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear BGDUDE,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your great review about your stay with us. Everyone here works hard to deliver a higher quality guest experience than out competitors, and we really appreciate your compliments and recommendation. We look forward to when we can welcome you back and serve you here again.