“Made a stressful trip relaxing!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Made a stressful trip relaxing!”
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I required an extended stay ( over a week) in Scottsdale for my trip to Mayo Clinic. I have been in pain for many years and finally had the chance to get some answers from Mayo. I was a little apprehensive about staying in a hotel because all I wanted to do at the end of the day was relax and not be bothered. Hampton Inn exceeded my expectations.

We stayed in a two room suite, which was bigger than my first apartment. Everything we could have needed was available in our room. Toiletries, pots & pans, dishwasher detergent, etc. The room was clean, bright, and fresh.

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone that I talked to had a smile on their face!

The morning breakfast was quite adequate. There was something for every taste. Every morning something new was served. Hot coffee is served thru the day, and there is a hot snack at night. If you get hungry and don't feel like leaving the grounds, there is a small shop that has snacks and microwaveable meals. Also, the hotel is surrounded by many restraunts and take-outs.

I utilized the office area while I was staying. Everything was functional and in well supply.

The hotel is within easy driving distance from either Mayo campus. We had no problem navigating the major streets.

I cannot belive that the Hampton Inn is in the category of two star hotels! With the service that I recieved, it felt more like a four star treatment! Great value!

I would reccommend the Hampton Inn for any type of traveler.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank montez1973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
coast range, OR
Reviewed 24 April 2009

Very good hotel for the business traveler. I had to spen a full work week while at corporate HQ and the hotel was perfect for just this. Internet was solid, breakfast was fine, room was comfortable, TV was a flatscreen and location was quiet. Nothing was fancy, but everything was very nice. Great workdesk in the room and it was set up so I could have TV on while working. Shuttle was great for getting to restaurants (lots in the area). It was nice to have a little refrigerator in room to keep a couple cold ones in room too! Staff was friendly, but at least on the two times I asked, weren't overly knowledgeable on area restaurants.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
albuquerque
Reviewed 1 January 2009

The staff at the hotel were professional, courteous and thorough from reservations to check-in. We will definately stay there again. Room and grounds were clean (except for stairwells) and we really enjoyed ourselves. Great location that is walking distance to many shops and restaurants AND there's a free shuttle that can take you to Kierland Commons (highly recommended) or Promenade (go to Nordstrom's Rack). Carrabas restaurant across the street was excellent for food and service, and we recommend Broker's Bar & Pub for drinks, appetizers, lunch or dinner. Tilted Kilt in the parking lot is nice for a unique distraction.

• Liked — location near restaurants/shopping pretty grounds
  • Disliked — housekeeping a bit slow
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 27 December 2008

We arrived in Scottsdale without a reservation for a last minute birthday celebration on Christmas Eve. We wanted something close to Kierland Commons, clean, and economical, as we were staying for one night. The $320 Westin was out of the question.

We saw the Hampton Inn from the road, and decided to give them a call. The courteous clerk told me she had a king, non-smoking room available for $89.00, so I booked the room immediately.

The check-in was swift, friendly, and professional. The lobby was tastefully decorated with a gorgeous waterfall and a sleek concrete floor. The grounds appeared to be either recently remodeled, or extremely well cared for. Our room was super-clean, attractive, and inviting.

The hotel had a free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius. Perfect! Upon our check-out on Xmas morning, we asked the clerk for a rec on a breakfast place that was open. She not only gave us several recommendations, but she called a couple of places to see if they were open. Once again, the front desk staff was absolutely professional.

This hotel exceeded our expectations with their professional staff an attractive grounds. I have traveled extensively through the southwest and I can't stand the silly, kitschy, orangy decor that passes for "southwest". The Hampton Inn is a lovely property, with native plants and materials.

We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Liked — Clean, attractive, professional, and inexpensive.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
fort wayne, in
Reviewed 15 October 2008

This wasn't the best Hampton I've stayed at, but it is certainly in the top 25%. I stayed here at $129/night rather than spend more than twice that amount at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge resort where our conference was being held. The JW is only about a 5 - 10 minute drive away, so it was well worth the significant savings. Construction is horrible right now in this area, so it was tough getting in/out of the parking lot.

The workout room has good equipement in it, the business center is good and the internet in the rooms is strong. The breakfast was typical of Hamptons. Staff were all very friendly and the hotel is clean. There are a couple restaurants within a 30 second walk and both were good. Overall my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank maninmirror
Denver
Reviewed 11 January 2008

A night after a miserable experience at a Hampton Inn in Gallup, New Mexico (read my scathing review if interested), this Hampton Inn was a breath of fresh air. The lobby has a waterfall, of all things! The hotel has two wings, one which is entirely non-smoking. The check-in clerk told me that it's a business hotel, so it's quiet as few families with noisy kids were around. This hotel is also set well back of the main street, Scottsdale road, and rooms on the back side of the hotel were especially quiet.

Everything seemed clean and new, even though the hotel is 11 years-old. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn quality, which is good for these types of hotels.

All in all, for a non-resort north Scottsdale lodging choice, you can't do better than this Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Business-oriented clientele
  • Disliked — A little pricier than others in this category.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank RockiesExpert
Europe
Reviewed 24 August 2007

We stayed for 2 nights in July 07 and it was very nice. The room was nice (better than some 5* resorts), the bed was really comfortable. The hotel and it's grounds are nice and well kept. We liked the free hot breakfast a lot and free wireless internet in room worked prefectly. The business center was well organized and had everything we needed. The hotel also has guest laundry. Not to forget that everybody working there is really nice, accomodating and friendly.
The location is also just great, very close to upscale mall and restaurants.
We paid $ 84 for the room per night and I consider it the best spent $ 84 ever!

• Liked — Nice spacios rooms and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family