A beautiful location and seemed low-key and unassuming as we arrived. We were offered an upgrade from the front desk with a manager directing the front desk staff over her shoulder from a desert garden casita room to a "more spacious room with an outdoor shower" and based on everything we had read, that sounded delightful. Celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary a $75/night additional expense seemed like a worthy splurge at a Four Seasons. Unfortunately, for the extra money we received a handicap accessible room with towel bars 2 feet off the ground, make-up mirror at an awkward height for non-handicapped people, pipes that rattled extremely loud when the water was used at a warm temperature, etc. . .not our idea of paradise. But the kicker was going out to enjoy the views on the outside patio and discovering a dead mouse lying right in plain sight (that had obviously been there awhile). We quickly called the front desk and they sent someone out with a broom and dust pan to get it. And while he appeared to be somewhat embarrassed as he also dusted off the cushions and tried to make the patio look presentable, it was obvious it had not had any attention for awhile. . .stained cushions, unswept floor. . .not what we expected for a basic room, let alone an upgrade.
Yep, we fell for the classic bait and switch. After addressing the accessible room at checkout and they gave us a $75 credit, it seemed a little hollow given we were there for 3 nights. We definitely should have said more at the beginning but we were tired after a long trip and somehow kept holding out hope that it would get better and after the mouse incident we were somewhat jaded. We were clearly at the low-end of the totem pole room wise and raising anymore issues just felt futile. It certainly was not what we expected after reading so many reviews about the attentiveness of the staff at a Four Seasons.
And while dinner at Talavera was wonderful and we enjoyed the spa, we left feeling like it just wasn't worth the money. The staff was friendly, but honestly, everyone we encountered in the Scottsdale area was. . .that was not a characteristic specific to just the Four Seasons. We would never take a chance at spending that kind of money again at a Four Seasons and having a repeat experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale At Troon North Hotel Scottsdale
- 4 Seasons Resort Scottsdale At Troon North
- Four Seasons Hotel Scottsdale
- Four Seasons Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale At Troon North Arizona