“Best in Scottsdale”

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Park City, Utah
“Best in Scottsdale”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The Four Seasons does it again in Scottsdale. This is the second time I have stayed here and both visits exceeded my expectations. Beautiful location, views, rooms, and of course service. The property fits the location and feels intimate. The views are beautiful and the pool is very nice. My suite had a private pool and beautiful Southwestern decor and it was very comfortable and calming. Of course the Four Seasons service always makes the difference and this property is no different.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I went there from 9/24/11 to 9/27/11 to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.

The Good: Amazing customer service!! Everyone there is extremely friendly and always seem eager to help. We didn't get nothing but smiles throughout the resort. The pool area is very nice and there were ample chairs in shaded areas. The buffet at the "crescent moon" was really nice. Little overpriced for what was offered but still acceptable. Also, the drinks at all the bars were very well made. I am kind of a "blood mary" snob but here the drinks were on point.

The Bad: No free wifi! Even regular chain hotels like Marriott and Hilton's give free wifi to guests. It wasn't the cost that bothered me. It was the fact that it wasn't offered. It seemed like a "nickel diming" sort of thing which left a bad taste in my mouth. On Sunday the 25th, I decided to rent the "luxury cabana" by the pool for the day. The cabana had a fan, a fridge and a TV. I thought it would be fun to watch NFL games there. To my dismay the TV there only had like 12 channels. When I asked one of the staff members there, I was told that the resort got the cheap package for the cabana. Even though the bar which was only like 100 feet from the cabana had all the channels. So I rented this nice cabana but I still had to go to the bar to check the NFL scores!

The ugly: I am not sure if the resort can even do something about this but this made my wife and I kind of nervous to walk around at night. When we were coming back from the lobby to our casita the first night, we noticed that there was group of wild pigs running around the property. The staff members where trying to get rid of them. These pigs can be very dangerous. On another night, we were leaving our casita and right outside, these two guys were trying to catch a rattle snake!! My wife and I saw it and quickly hurried back into our Casita. We pretty much used the resorts golf carts to get around. My wife is pregnant and I didn't want to take a chance. I don't know what the resort can do about this but it definitely needs to be addressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool.
2 Thank nytova24
David B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort following your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your comments about how wonderful our customer service and our staff are.
As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service, and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team.

I apologize that you were not able to enjoy additional featured channels in our luxury cabanas. We are still currently looking into upgrading our luxury cabana TV packages and hope to have a resolution in the near future.

I’m also sorry to hear that you were a bit startled with some of the occasional wildlife guests may see around our property. Due to the pristine nature of our beautiful desert environment, we do see occasional wildlife. Proper measures are always taken to ensure the guest experience is preserved.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort. We hope to welcome you back to Scottsdale soon and often.

Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We are into our 4th night here and all is well. No bugs, no dead mice. Not that I doubt the other posters reviews, but they could have been the exception not the rule.

We are in the Kiva suite with the outdoor patio & pool. Really nice room. We are right next to the desert, so I suppose anything could come into our patio pretty easily.

Very, very friendly staff. Susy the concierge set up some nice tours for us. Sherri at room service/reservations was really helpful. Talavera was great, Crescent Moon for dinner was not so great (seem short staffed). Room service has been very good.

Pretty normal Four Seasons experience so far. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms were pretty close to the pool, etc., with limited privacy.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank advsrbill
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that all of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Again, I thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon and often.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 29 September 2011

A beautiful location and seemed low-key and unassuming as we arrived. We were offered an upgrade from the front desk with a manager directing the front desk staff over her shoulder from a desert garden casita room to a "more spacious room with an outdoor shower" and based on everything we had read, that sounded delightful. Celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary a $75/night additional expense seemed like a worthy splurge at a Four Seasons. Unfortunately, for the extra money we received a handicap accessible room with towel bars 2 feet off the ground, make-up mirror at an awkward height for non-handicapped people, pipes that rattled extremely loud when the water was used at a warm temperature, etc. . .not our idea of paradise. But the kicker was going out to enjoy the views on the outside patio and discovering a dead mouse lying right in plain sight (that had obviously been there awhile). We quickly called the front desk and they sent someone out with a broom and dust pan to get it. And while he appeared to be somewhat embarrassed as he also dusted off the cushions and tried to make the patio look presentable, it was obvious it had not had any attention for awhile. . .stained cushions, unswept floor. . .not what we expected for a basic room, let alone an upgrade.

Yep, we fell for the classic bait and switch. After addressing the accessible room at checkout and they gave us a $75 credit, it seemed a little hollow given we were there for 3 nights. We definitely should have said more at the beginning but we were tired after a long trip and somehow kept holding out hope that it would get better and after the mouse incident we were somewhat jaded. We were clearly at the low-end of the totem pole room wise and raising anymore issues just felt futile. It certainly was not what we expected after reading so many reviews about the attentiveness of the staff at a Four Seasons.

And while dinner at Talavera was wonderful and we enjoyed the spa, we left feeling like it just wasn't worth the money. The staff was friendly, but honestly, everyone we encountered in the Scottsdale area was. . .that was not a characteristic specific to just the Four Seasons. We would never take a chance at spending that kind of money again at a Four Seasons and having a repeat experience.

8 Thank pasoonergirl
David B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent visit at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale. Our guests’ feedback is invaluable as we strive to improve our service and facilities.

I apologize for the service deficiencies you encountered at our resort. Your comments mentioned help us identify any areas that we may need to focus on.

Your experience DOES NOT REFLECT FOUR SEASONS RESORT SCOTTSDALE’S LEVEL OF SERVICE WE STRIVE FOR DAILY. PLEASE BE ASSURED THAT we are addressing your comments immediately with the appropriate teams involved.

We recognize your service challenges had an adverse impact with your overall experience and regret we did not have the opportunity to make this right while you were staying with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Can't say enough about this resort! Was my first time staying at a four seasons resort and I can't wait to go to another one. The hotel, staff and scenery are perfect.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Just come back from my second visit to this hotel, and it just gets better.
The four seasons as a brand is right up there with the best. I know the staff have access to previous stored data but it really does make you feel home from home when they remember that you like certain thing and have the room set up the way you like it.
Nothing is too much even the valet offer you bottles of water for your jouney.
The concierge is about as good as I have seen anywhere they really do know there stuff and go the extra mile. After you come back from a resturant they want to know how it was so they can gauge it for other guests

We will definately go back again next year

Room Tip: have a room with a valley view
2 Thank alwaysaway16
David B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback.
I will share your praise with the staff. I always enjoy sharing encouraging comments with the staff who work so hard to ensure the best possible experience for our guests.

Again, I thank you for your valuable feedback and I am glad your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and often.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We started our honeymoon at Four Seasons. We got an upgrade and as a courtesy a champagne drink was waiting in our room. The hotel is in very good condition and the staff is friendly and professional. The pool area is amazing. We can absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#17 of 75 in Scottsdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,138 reviews
Paradise Valley
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,615 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!