“You just have to be there” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Lewisville, Texas
“You just have to be there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I was there for a National Geographic Traveler photo workshop. The grounds are so beautiful that we only left the property once. The remainder of our photos were taken on the hotel grounds. The view from my room's patio was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Norwood, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

My wife & I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Four Seasons Scottsdale or as we like to call it, paradise. If you are looking for a place to unwind and decompress, I highly recommend visiting this resort. The reasons why we chose to return to this resort as opposed to others in the Scottsdale area are too many to mention, but include; the breath taking views, outstanding service, incredible pool area, and the staff to guest ratio.
Every staff member at the resort from the valet to the Guest Services Manager goes out of their way to make sure you have an outstanding visit. Afterall, the Four Seasons wrote the book on this type of service. If you have a problem with people opening doors for you, addressing you by name, and bringing you treats as you relax by the pool, I would probably stay elsewhere. Of course, this level of service comes at a price, but to us, it is well worth it.
Some areas I feel they could improve on are: providing complimentary in room wifi or perhaps some hot spots throughout the resort. Another area that needs tweaking is the reservation/rate process. They utilize an airline style rate structure that changes up to four times per day. Though they will honor the lower rate if you happen to catch it, it shouldn't be that difficult and is kind of frustrating.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here 5 years ago in May with my husband. We loved it. The grounds were well kept, the service was impeccable. My husband ordered roses sent to our room for our anniversary, and I can tell you they were part of the most beautiful rose flower arrangement ever, with twisted vines reaching out of it- it was very artistic! (and I don't really favor roses at all).
We had the opportunity to view a hummingbird sitting on it's tiny nest, at eye level, in one of the trees. To me, this property is one of the nicer Four Seasons, since it has an up-to-date feel. I don't favor the dated classical decor of some properties. And... as always the food was wonderful. Pricey, but then again, I am not one of those people who know going in, and then complain about it unless the food was awful and the experience was terrible. And it wasn't.
So... stay here and enjoy!

Room Tip: Try to get a plunge pool if the weather will favor it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My wife and I spent a few days a the Four Seasons Scottsdale in late April, 2012.

This was our first visit to this Four Seasons, and we couldn't be happier with the overall experience. We reserved a one bedroom casita via American Express, and our rate was more than fair for the experience we had. The grounds are amazing, so well manicured it almost doesn't look real; the lighting at night is magical, and the views of the valley at night--not to mention the stars above--are breathtaking.

Checkin
We arrived early, prior to 11am, not expecting to be able to check in, and were pleasantly surprised to find our room was available. We were given the option to upgrade to several beautiful suites for very reasonable up charges, but chose to stay where we were (it was ready the other we'd have had a small wait). The process went smoothly, we were offered cold bottled water while the paperwork was settled, and then given a thorough explanation of the property, where everything was, etc. Top notch service.

Casita
Our casita was a few buildings over from the main building, but just a short walk on a sidewalk through some amazing desert scenery. My wife had never been to the Sonoran Desert before, and seeing a Saguaro Cactus up close was a treat. Room was plush, with plenty of room, our bellman settled our bags in the walk in closet, filled our ice bucket, showed us where the safe was, etc. He was great. The bathroom is huge, with a large shower with free-standing glass, and a big jacuzzi tub, and a separate commode with door that closes. Nice big counter area, with high quality bath amenities, it was just excellent.

In room coffee machine and mini-bar....no wine though. Fireplace, large desk, two comfortable sitting chairs by the fireplace, and a large private patio with a view of the mountains and large patio chairs with ottomans. It was extremely nice.

Restaurants:
Restaurants are very good. We ate at Talavera our first night. Food was good, service was great. It was our anniversary, so they gave us a delicious chocolate cake with "happy anniversary" on it which was delicious. Only hiccup was we made our reservation with the concierge, he gave us one story on the terrace seating and our reservation, and upon checking in (twice) we were told a different story. Bad news...for about 15 minutes we were really, really, really frustrated. Good news, they knew it, and did all they could to fix it, and other than one young hostess repeating that terrace was "first come first serve" about 10 times, the staff rallied well, overcame our frustration, and we ended up having romantic delicious dinner....on the terrace.

Crescent Moon--great breakfast, did I say great? I meant the best Huevos Rancheros in the free world. It may have had something to do with all the cocktails I had the night before, but I was in desperate need of protein that morning, and it was perfect. Service, from the guy who moved our umbrella twice to keep pace with the sun, to our waitress who made sure I didn't run out of coffee, the service was all I'd expect from a top shelf resort and then some.

Pool Bar service--the wait staff by the pool were fantastic. They made great suggestions, checked back often, and overall made us very happy.

Coffee Service--they have a self service expresso/coffee/latte bar setup each morning. The first day I woke up really early, so I went up to find coffee and found my own private starbucks. Again, the Four Seasons over delivered on my expectations.

Bar--
Our last night we decided we wanted to just sit at the bar and have a drink or two. Eric our bartender was great. After the first round it was like we were friends, by the end of the night, it was like we were old friends. And what is amazing is that he was busy. There was a wedding party in having drinks, and keeping him hopping, and in spite of that, and all the other customers, he still found a way to chat a little here and there to make us feel like regulars. And what I think is amazing (they must teach a class on this at the Four Seasons) I guarantee the 6 other people sitting at the bar felt exactly the same way. He made me a special drink when I asked about bourbon cocktails that was great, it's going to be on their summer menu. And when my bill came, he had bought us a round. I'm going back as soon as possible just to hang out at the bar!

Spa
We did a duo massage (couples massage) and it was one of the best spa experiences I've had. The mens locker room is a little small compared to other resort spas I've used in the past, but it had everything that mattered, nice private showers, plenty of towels, steam room, sauna, etc. The treatment room was comfortable, and our masseuses were great. They asked great questions before hand, and proceeded to give dynamite massages. She had to wake me when she was done, I don't think you get more relaxed than that. Only downside was that it was also the most expensive couples massage we've ever had, clocking in at just under $400 for a 50 minute massage (total cost for both). I have no idea if this is competitive in the area, and I didn't feel robbed when I left, but it did give me pause. It was the only time during my stay I felt the price to value proposition was aggressive. Would I let the price stand in the way of a return visit, no, definitely not.

Room Tip: They are all great, I'd just request a casita in a building close to the main building if you wa...
2 Thank DulceVida-TX
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post wonderful comments on Trip Advisor during your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed the warm hospitality of Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale and appreciate your praise of the attention to detail in all the areas of the resort. Indeed, it is a beautiful resort with the perfect atmosphere.

Your gracious remarks regarding your stay are sincerely appreciated. Our employees are one of our greatest assets and it is their dedication and hard work that allow us to build lasting relationships with our valued guests.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Ben Shank
Resort Manager
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

The Four Seasons Scottsdale offers excellent accommodations in low, two-storey casitas. the resort blends beautifully into its desert setting with a grand view of Pinnacle Peak in the background. Superb service, and gourmet dining in the Talavera Restaurant. The resort spa's Healing Hiker's Massage will certainly get any kinks out, and leave you rejuvenated. Be sure to take a hike to Pinnacle Peak Regional Park, and climb to the two highest viewpoints - not steep, but load up with water from concierge.

Bossier City, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at Four Seasons in Scottsdale. I don't usually don't write reviews, but I HAD to brag on this resort. By far the best service, food, accommodations we've ever experienced. The spa was top-notch. The pools were beautiful.
Room service incredible. Our one-bedroom casita perfectly clean. Friendly staff. If I could say anything negative, I didn't like the sleeping pillows, and wished there had been a small refrigerator in the casita. (we had a mini-bar fridge, but wished we had one we could fill ourselves.) HOWEVER, I don't doubt, if I had asked for a different style pillow or had requested a small refrigerator, I probably would've gotten one. These people are only interested in their guests being absolutely satisfied and happy. This is truly a 5-star resort.

Room Tip: To get to your room or casita, you walk along nicely landscaped winding paths, so if you have a pro...
1 Thank Vangieplarkin
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback.
Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Ben Shank
Resort Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Everything was excellent on our first trip here. Spacious room and bath, guest laundry very handy, excellent food. Pool and hot tub both comfortable and accessible. I went hiking in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve which was only a short drive away and has many miles of hikes.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jisabr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#17 of 75 in Scottsdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,103 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!