Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I love Four Seasons. This is an interesting one though and I have some mixed feelings on the place.

Grounds are beautiful but be prepared to walk a lot. The lobby area was quite lovely but the rooms are very dated looking.

The food we ate at the hotel (breakfast & lunch) was good and the service was as well.

This place was great but if I were to choose my favorite hotel in Arizona....Royal Palms still takes the cake.

This place needs to renovate their rooms....a face lift would help make this place feel five star again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent experience at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale.

I’m happy to hear that you found our grounds to be beautiful and that you enjoyed the food as well. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding our rooms.

We look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons worldwide.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at Troon North late October of last year. Stayed at one of their casitas. What a relaxing vacation! Very serene and scenic surroundings. Great place to get away from it all. Staff could not do enough for you! Fell in love with the coffee they serve in the reception area. I think I dreamt about it every night! Sure made me want to get up in the morning, go down and get some and then enjoy it on my patio! Everything was very clean and well maintained. Hoping to get back there again!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Everyone from the ladies in the gift shop to the groundskeepers were so friendly and accommodating. It was hard to book a service at the spa, so reserve early. The room was very clean and spacious with a great patio. Excellent hiking nearby, great restaurants on property and off. The town of Scottsdale is a good distance away from the resort. Scottsdale was very touristy but good nightlife scene. Check out Greasewood Flats for some love music and colorful local characters. I recommend the hike to Tom's Thumb in the McDowell Mtns. Challenging hike about 4.2 mi with amazing rock formations and wildlife. I would go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank mrsbrown68

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback. I look forward to sharing your review with the entire team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Scottsdale in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

First stayed here for a convention. Have been back several times with my family. Terrific view of Pinnacle Peak. Very good restaurants and impeccable service.I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency, the Westin Kirland,Mc Cormick Ranch and several other hotels in Phoeniz. This property at Troon golf course is clearly the best.

Room Tip: Views of the pool looking out at Pinnacle peak
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank drj0209
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My hubby & I have stayed here several times over the past few years, with the most recent visit being in September. We keep coming back, because the quality of service & scenic surroundings are excellent...and TOTALLY up to Four Season's standards. We love to hike Pinnacle Peak, which is just shy of a mile walk from the hotel to the trail head & a great exercise option. We tried the new restaurant concept, PROOF, & absolutely love the Chef's vision of good ole' American comfort food...brilliant & so much for kid & family friendly than the restaurant which used to be here. Having the espresso machine (as well as regular coffee) available in the mornings is pure heaven for those of us needing a fix & the home made mini muffins...heaven! We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 283jennifere
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Aside from a rather secluded locale in the boulders of the north Scottsdale desert, there was nothing memorable about my stay at this property. And it was most definitely not up to Four Seasons standards. If I didn't know the brand and had been dropped here blindfolded I would've guessed it was a JW marriott or perhaps even a Hyatt resort. Here's why... the decor and finish is tired and borderline thread bear. It feels very 1999. The room was painfully average, including a terribly rutted and sagging mattress. The towels were dingy and grey and almost thin. Carpets were stained. Patio furniture weathered and uncomfortable. Landscaping was unremarkable - nowhere near the caliber of the Phoenician. Food was very good, however, but honestly not memorable. The staff was the only part on par with the brand promise. I stayed on business and didn't pay, but Id be really upset if I were to have paid $400+ per night since there are far better options in the valley at this price point. Four Seasons needs to decide if they want this hotel in brand, or not. And do it fast since there's a lot of work to be done here for it to qualify.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank zim_travelin_guy
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort following your stay.

We regret that our resort ambience was not to your satisfaction. Our design and décor was inspired by our indigenous setting in the high Sonoran Desert, with adobe-style architecture, Native American-influenced art and colors inspired by the desert in bloom. We often receive positive feedback about our sense of place and setting, as well as our service.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We do hope you will return to any future Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Four Seasons Scottsdale is a gorgeous resort. The landscaping is impeccable and interesting; we loved walking the grounds in the day and appreciating the cacti and plants and at night to the scent of burning juniper. Our room was beautiful and comfortable with great views of the surrounding mountains. But the reason we loved our stay is the friendly and attentive staff. Each and every person we met was helpful and generous with their time; we felt like they knew what we might need before we even thought of it. We will be remembering fondly these few days for a long time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank p_and_g_chicago
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!