“Short but sweet stay”

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Anchorage
“Short but sweet stay”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We spent our first night in Arizona at the Four Seasons. After a long flight it was the perfect place to rest and relax before starting our road trip north. The resort is beautiful. It is not really close to restaurants and shopping but that was fine for us. The grounds and view are wonderful. Almost all of the staff was super friendly and helpful with the exception of the pool staff. Front desk, bellman, and spa folks were good. Our room wasn't ready yet when we arrived but we were able to shower and change at the spa. The spa was really nice and fully stocked with everything you could need. There was a small glitch with our bags. We had left them with spa staff after calling up to the front that they were waiting to be delivered to our room once it was ready. The bellman having assured us that they would put them in our room shortly, we were off to the main pool.

The pool was decent sized and I like that they had noodles available to float on. I was surprised that no one came to set up our chairs with towels especially given that it wasn't very busy. I don't need someone to do this but at higher end resorts I've had such service. My husband asked one girl about using an umbrella for some shade over our chairs and she seemed put out to bring it over. After we settled in the wait staff was nice bringing us iced water and delivering our order relatively quickly. My margarita was very good and so were the angus steak nachos we ordered. We had a nice relaxing afternoon by the pool. It was over 100 degrees but I love the heat and sun and the pool was plenty cool to be refreshing.

We left the pool about 5pm and were surprised no only to find our bags had never been taken to our room but the staff at that point in the spa had no idea why our bags were there and who they belonged to. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of follow through.

Our room was lovely - a desert view king casita. They put a high-quality roll away in the room for our daughter. The room was beautifully decorated. It had a foyer, large walk-in closet, fireplace, two pretty and comfortable chairs to watch TV or sit by a fire, Keurig coffee maker, huge bathroom and a private lanai with table and chairs. The bathroom offered separate shower and tub, toilet room and 2 sinks. Even though we had such a short stay I truly enjoyed this room. I woke early as usual and enjoyed having my coffee on the lanai and watch the birds and lizards as the sun rose. It was definitely one of the best rooms we've stayed in in the US and was much nicer than our room in Sedona at Enchantment Resort.

I also took a walk from the property over to the Pinnacle Peak Trail. I travelled a short ways along the trail but did not want to go too far without anyone knowing where I'd gone. I liked the fact that the resort had laundry facilities so you can do your own laundry. Check-out was very quick and easy.

Overall, I would recommend this resort especially if you are taking advantage of outdoor pursuits in Scottsdale or simply want a place to chill. It is great for couples and families too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your review about your recent visit to the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.

I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable visit with us.

I apologize for the service challenges you experienced in regards to your bags not getting delivered to your room. Please know that the appropriate discussions have taken place as we work to overcome these service shortfalls.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We came here for a long weekend. The trip could not have been more relaxing the desert is absolutely beautiful and nothing but sun all day long. The hiking in the area is phenomenal and the restaurants at the resort have great views of the sunset.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rgbundenthal
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a relaxing time with us! Arizona sunsets are truly unique and I am happy that you were able to experience them.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Four Seasons Scottsdale for three nights and had a generally excellent experience. The public areas and pools are lovely, if a bit crowded. Rooms are comfortable, quiet and large, but a bit charmless. This Four Seasons doesn't have the style of some other western Four Seasons, such as Santa Barbara or Santa Fe. It does, however, have the signature friendly and highly competent service of those resorts.

Other than slightly dated rooms, the only other drawback is the location, which is very pretty but a solid 20+ minute drive to almost any attraction, and that's just to get to North Scottsdale, let alone central Scottsdale or Phoenix proper. The main restaurant, Proof, is stylish and the food is very good but service was spotty. On two occasions we had to go searching the restaurant to find our vanished servers. We also had to remind them at every single meal that kids four and under are supposed to eat free. Every check was initially incorrect.

While the resort doesn't have a large pool area, water slides or a lazy river, it is still wonderful for kids. The wading pool is excellent and was mostly deserted when we visited. The kids club is large and well-equipped. For those traveling without children, I would recommend the Boulders, which has more natural beauty and charm, but inferior service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I will pass on your comments to our team to further enhance our service moving forward.

We hope that you will take the time to stay with us again in the future.

myrtle beach
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I love the casitas! Four Seasons does a great job. Happiest, friendliest staff imaginable. Great food, beautiful pool, terrific hiking advice. This place is in the power rotation! We must get back to the Arizona desert.... You can't go wrong with the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MyrtleBeachSusan
I am so happy to see that you had a great experience with us! Our staff is truly one-of-a-kind and I am more than happy to share your comments with the team.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Staff were all attentive polite and helpful. Small 4 Seasons details always great. Cleaning your sun glasses at the pool etc.. Pool is a little old, not infinity but plenty of lounges and cabanas. Food at pool and Proof great and reasonably priced. Spa small, no hot tub for men but sauna and steam room. Massage was excellent. Location great to relax. Some traffic and construction noise but generally quiet. Our room was extremely private with a patio facing pinnacle point.

Room itself was well appointed except for bed which was 2 twin beds put together to form a king so had the hump in the middle. Not ideal. Only negative for me was a scorpion encounter in the bathroom. Went to bathroom about 2am with lights off. Got there, turned lights on, looked down and saw a scorpion 2 inches from my foot. Good thing it was me and not my wife or the whole resort would have known about it. If you are concerned have them black light search the room and don't walk around barefoot with the lights off. Ask for a non garden level room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to share with the team your great comments, and I am sorry to hear about your run-in with our desert creature!

I hope we have the chance to welcome you again, without uninvited guests this time.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 May 2014

How can you go wrong with any Four Seasons resort? Add this property to the list of spectacular, polished facilities with the exceptional, polite, willing-to-do-almost-anything service of Four Seasons.

The pools in the center of the complex are lovely and offer an abundance of pleasant cabanas. Also nice that there are some shallow splash pools for kids.

The rooms are villa style for the most part, and it is hard to find a bad one. If you want guarantee quiet, make sure you have a unit that is away from the pools. Rooms on the south end of the property are particularly quiet and have great views towards Scottsdale.

Lastly, I recommend eating at Proof at least once for breakfast and dinner. The breakfast at Proof is spectacular, and the desserts at dinner are excellent, as well.

If you don't care to stay near the Scottsdale shopping and other dining options, the Four Seasons is hard to beat.

Room Tip: If you want quiet and gorgeous view, ask for rooms facing the south exterior of the property.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josh P
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our pools and am happy to share your feedback with our team.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is luxury all the way. The staff are superb and accommodations are very nice. Most rooms feature kiva fireplaces which are very nice for Winter and late Fall stays. The pool is incredible. The main restaurant, Talavera, is phenomenal. Chef Mel prepares unique signature dishes and the views of the desert are great. The Onyx Bar is very nice with a good selection of high end spirits and fine wines. If in North Scottsdale and looking for luxury, you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms with patios are great for sitting outside and enjoying the desert.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear that you love Chef Mel's creations as much as we do.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#17 of 75 in Scottsdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,138 reviews
Paradise Valley
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,616 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!