“Love this resort!!!!!”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 4 July 2014

After a long day's drive from San Diego, driving up to this was a dream. I was traveling with my two dogs as well, and the hotel was very accommodating in getting us to a quiet area of the hotel. The dogs and I went for several interesting walks around the grounds, which are all very well kept.
The bathroom area was enormous--with a large bathtub and shower with L'Occitane bath products. The walk in closet was large enough to in which to iron my clothes. There was a sitting area and a spacious back patio with seating to enjoy the desert view.
Room service was quick and and the food delicious. When we walked into the room, the dogs had water bowls with a bottle of water, homemade doggie treats and a toy waiting for them.
I want to go back and vacation there--it was amazing and the staff were all gracious, accommodating and incredibly helpful!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I am glad to see that you and your pups enjoyed your time with us. We take pride in making every part of the family feel welcome.

I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,045)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a very lovely property in a very remote location of Scottsdale. If you plan to visit this hotel, be prepared to drive awhile to get to restaurants, shopping, activities, etc as it is in the middle of nowhere. Room was lovely, well-appointed, nice patio with beautiful furniture. Staff was very nice and quick to serve.

I would only recommend that in the hot, hot, Scottsdale summers that the hotel consider placing bottles of water in the room. While each day I grabbed the bottle from the mini-bar, given the walk to your room and heat, it would be helpful that several bottles of water are left in the room each day. The water from the facet is not drinkable. I would also recommend that the toaster left in the closet for the convenience of room service is covered. I found a big bug inside the toaster after I removed my room service toast. I realize bugs are part of Arizona, but as it relates to handling of any food, it's a good idea to avoid giving bugs anything to munch on :-) Room service was very nice other than that...try the tortilla soup...it's great. Wasn't overly fond of Proof. After eating there, I got violently sick that night...felt better in the am, but did not have a restful night because of this.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room. Recommend asking for a sub level room or 1st floor...didn't like hauling...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate the time you took to write a review and will pass your suggestions along to housekeeping and our in-caista dining.

I am glad that you enjoyed the property and our team will be happy to hear your positive feedback.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were at the hotel for a small week and we got really pampered. The staff is extremely friendly.
Make sure you do the different activities such as stargazing, picnic with the stars, animal shelter visit.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed some of the onsite activities, and our team will love to hear your positive comments.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel goes above & beyond from the moment you arrive. This hotel is set amongst the most beautiful setting. Our room was beaut appointed & had a private patio over looking the desert landscape. The staff can't do enough for you. Food is awesome too. Truly a relaxing vacation at its best.

• Stayed: June 2014
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. It will be my pleasure to share your compliments to the entire Four Seasons staff who demonstrated the
outstanding level of service which you have come to expect at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale.
Thank you again for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in late May and never individualized service that we expected. The hotel catered more to corporations then individuals. They were playing to host to Mass Mutual, IBM, and Google during our stay. When we arrived at valet, the attention was to a corporate group that just arrived and valet never learned our names or our car over our stay. We often waited after called ahead 10-15 minutes earlier. It was not a professional staff (part-timers or college seasonal help) so the attention to detail had not been instilled by management and training. We had a nice room in one of the casitas located away from the pool which was good. The pool is a the center of the resort and we spent 2 days poolside at the adult pool which is at the lower level. This was a very nice feature. The casitas sit in a ring around the pool within 5 minute walk of the main entrance. The balcony to our room looking north into a mountainside are nice and the bed was on the soft side. The bathrooms were dated and the hotel in the interest of protection the environment installed soap and shampoo dispensers. It is a nice idea but at 5'8" the height in the shower was in the corner at eye level. It was awkward for me and difficult for my 5 foot wife. At the pool, the process for getting a cabana is unclear. They have 2 cabanas with TVs that you can rent for the day, but most of the other cabanas are on a first come first serve basis which we discovered after asking multiple staff. The poolside service was good with pitchers of water and complimentary treats. We ordered off the menu for both food and drinks and enjoyed. With all the resort choices in Arizona, we would likely try something different next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Westpo

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.
I am happy to hear that you did enjoy your room and its location.
We certainly did not live up the expectations that one would have anticipated coming to a Four Seasons Resort. Please know that the appropriate discussions have taken place as we work to overcome these service shortfalls.

We hope you will accept our apology and we look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is beautifully designed, spacious rooms, clean, excellent facilities, well located, 1st class service throughout, nothing is too much trouble. Food excellent, valet very helpful and informative. Can't really fault this place in any way. You have to go there we were thrilled and wished we had booked longer before moving on with our tour. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Any of them from what we saw. They are all quiet, with good views, huge and well serviced. The desig...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for the amazing review. I look forward to sharing your thoughts with our team. They will be happy to hear your thoughts. Until your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We came to the Four Season as a family to visit my 94 year old grandmother. We have stayed at numerous Four Seasons properties in the past so we thought we'd try this one. We were there in March 2014. We had our ten year old with us. We pull in at 3 PM and they were not ready for us. There was no typical Four Seasons greeting of any sort. They didn't even offer us a glass of water. We were told that the hotel was full so no upgrades. That was fine with us. Our room was nice with a view of the pool and view of the city lights in the distance. We grabbed some dinner at Proof. I thought the food here was average but my husband thought the hamburger he got was one of the best he has ever had. The following day we did the breakfast buffet at Proof that was very over priced with very dry food. The smoothies were different and enjoyable. The staff was really good, I just wished I liked the food better.
That night we had reservations at Talavera. The food here was great just very pricey. The fries were the best with the truffle aioli.
Right before we left for dinner at Talavera, housekeeping knocked on the door to clean the room. I asked her to come back in five minutes. She nodded her head so I assumed she understood. When we got back two hours later from dinner, our room was still not turned down. The main problem here was that they had to pull out the couch to make a bed for our son. I called housekeeping and the manager apologized and told us to give them 15 min. We went to the hotel bar and each had a drink. Room was finally turned down and the manager did call to check on us. She also paid for our three drinks.
The next morning we dropped my son off at kids club which by the way was excellent and one of the bests per my 10 year old. It was 9 AM and my husband and I went off to play at Troon North (great course). We get back around 3:30 and wanted to clean up to visit my grandmother. We get to the room and what do we see? NO housekeeping AGAIN! I see a girl down the stairs and I call to her and she waves her arms and says "too many rooms." REALLY? That was unbelievable. I'm used to an apology and an offer to get it done, not an EXCUSE. For those prices we pay at the Four Seasons, I'd hope they were well staffed and could handle cleaning rooms. If I'm staying at the Holiday Inn then this is expected but not when I'm paying 10 times the cost for a room. I called the manager again and just an apology and then she asked me if I would give her hours on when to clean our room? Unbelievable!!
My son loved the pool and the Popsicles they handed out. The hot tub was crowded with about 20 kids under the age of 12 which was great for my 10 year old but I kept out. I heard there was an adult pool but I couldn't find it. I wasn't there for an adult getaway so I honestly didn't try very hard.
On the third day my son accidently touched a "jumping cactus". He had over twenty spines in his hands. We went to the front desk and they called a very nice man (wish I could remember his name) who was just wonderful with him and pulled out all the spines with pliers. He then sent him cookies in kids club. What a great guy.
The spa was nice and I had a message and a facial. Both were great and recommended.
We will definitely try a different hotel next time we visit grandma.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry to see that your experience with us was not to your standards. I will share your feedback with our housekeeping team to ensure future improvement. I am glad your son enjoyed KFAS, they will be happy to hear this as well. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.