“Beautiful resort at the foot of Pinnacle Peak”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful resort at the foot of Pinnacle Peak”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place is a hidden treasure- settled between ranges of red mountains and at the foot of a great little hiking trail at Pinnacle Peak, it provides an enchanting view for r&r at the pool. The service is excellent and the food at the poolside grill is way above par- best salsa and sea bass tacos I've had! The resort is fairly remote, so grocery shopping, driving into town, etc take 20 min or more, but the scene is well worth it! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your great review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the cuisine and surrounding areas!

I look forward to letting the team know your thoughts and to welcoming you back again.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights here for our 15th anniversary. Upon check-in, when we told them it was our anniversary, they upgraded us to a premier casita with an unbelievable view of the desert, valley and mountains. The room was beautiful with all the amenities and had a great balcony which we took full advantage of each day just looking at the view from the room.

POOL: Being that it was July and incredibly hot, we spent most of our time at the pool. It was not very crowded and we had no problems getting comfy chairs in the sun, as well as a cabana to enjoy in the shade. The cabanas mists water out to keep you cool as well. The pool staff didn't miss a beat - bringing the guests water pitchers, and other treats during the day.

SPA: We each had a massage at the spa. They were incredibly relaxing and I wished I could have gone back for another service. We also used the gym facilities which was great - had top equipment.

FOOD: We didn't eat dinner at the hotel, as we had a car and went to recommended restaurants nearby. However, we ate lunch at the restaurant by the pool, and breakfast at Proof. I thought the food was wonderful - resort prices, but I would expect that at a hotel like this.

SERVICE: The service was simply top notch. They really took care of our every need, and we didn't need to ask twice for anything. They were helpful with information about area restaurants and things to do - we took a morning hike up Pinnicle Peak which I highly recommend.

This is definitely not the hotel to go to if you want to be in the middle of a town or walking distance of shops. However if you are looking for a relaxing vacation where you can just chill and be treated very well, I very highly recommend the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: We were in room 415 which had an unbelievable view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your thorough review. I am happy to share your comments with our team!

Perhaps during your next visit you can try our signature restaurant Talavera.
Safe travels,

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 4 July 2014

After a long day's drive from San Diego, driving up to this was a dream. I was traveling with my two dogs as well, and the hotel was very accommodating in getting us to a quiet area of the hotel. The dogs and I went for several interesting walks around the grounds, which are all very well kept.
The bathroom area was enormous--with a large bathtub and shower with L'Occitane bath products. The walk in closet was large enough to in which to iron my clothes. There was a sitting area and a spacious back patio with seating to enjoy the desert view.
Room service was quick and and the food delicious. When we walked into the room, the dogs had water bowls with a bottle of water, homemade doggie treats and a toy waiting for them.
I want to go back and vacation there--it was amazing and the staff were all gracious, accommodating and incredibly helpful!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
I am glad to see that you and your pups enjoyed your time with us. We take pride in making every part of the family feel welcome.

I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a very lovely property in a very remote location of Scottsdale. If you plan to visit this hotel, be prepared to drive awhile to get to restaurants, shopping, activities, etc as it is in the middle of nowhere. Room was lovely, well-appointed, nice patio with beautiful furniture. Staff was very nice and quick to serve.

I would only recommend that in the hot, hot, Scottsdale summers that the hotel consider placing bottles of water in the room. While each day I grabbed the bottle from the mini-bar, given the walk to your room and heat, it would be helpful that several bottles of water are left in the room each day. The water from the facet is not drinkable. I would also recommend that the toaster left in the closet for the convenience of room service is covered. I found a big bug inside the toaster after I removed my room service toast. I realize bugs are part of Arizona, but as it relates to handling of any food, it's a good idea to avoid giving bugs anything to munch on :-) Room service was very nice other than that...try the tortilla soup...it's great. Wasn't overly fond of Proof. After eating there, I got violently sick that night...felt better in the am, but did not have a restful night because of this.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room. Recommend asking for a sub level room or 1st floor...didn't like hauling...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I appreciate the time you took to write a review and will pass your suggestions along to housekeeping and our in-caista dining.

I am glad that you enjoyed the property and our team will be happy to hear your positive feedback.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were at the hotel for a small week and we got really pampered. The staff is extremely friendly.
Make sure you do the different activities such as stargazing, picnic with the stars, animal shelter visit.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed some of the onsite activities, and our team will love to hear your positive comments.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel goes above & beyond from the moment you arrive. This hotel is set amongst the most beautiful setting. Our room was beaut appointed & had a private patio over looking the desert landscape. The staff can't do enough for you. Food is awesome too. Truly a relaxing vacation at its best.

• Stayed June 2014
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. It will be my pleasure to share your compliments to the entire Four Seasons staff who demonstrated the
outstanding level of service which you have come to expect at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale.
Thank you again for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in late May and never individualized service that we expected. The hotel catered more to corporations then individuals. They were playing to host to Mass Mutual, IBM, and Google during our stay. When we arrived at valet, the attention was to a corporate group that just arrived and valet never learned our names or our car over our stay. We often waited after called ahead 10-15 minutes earlier. It was not a professional staff (part-timers or college seasonal help) so the attention to detail had not been instilled by management and training. We had a nice room in one of the casitas located away from the pool which was good. The pool is a the center of the resort and we spent 2 days poolside at the adult pool which is at the lower level. This was a very nice feature. The casitas sit in a ring around the pool within 5 minute walk of the main entrance. The balcony to our room looking north into a mountainside are nice and the bed was on the soft side. The bathrooms were dated and the hotel in the interest of protection the environment installed soap and shampoo dispensers. It is a nice idea but at 5'8" the height in the shower was in the corner at eye level. It was awkward for me and difficult for my 5 foot wife. At the pool, the process for getting a cabana is unclear. They have 2 cabanas with TVs that you can rent for the day, but most of the other cabanas are on a first come first serve basis which we discovered after asking multiple staff. The poolside service was good with pitchers of water and complimentary treats. We ordered off the menu for both food and drinks and enjoyed. With all the resort choices in Arizona, we would likely try something different next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Westpo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.
I am happy to hear that you did enjoy your room and its location.
We certainly did not live up the expectations that one would have anticipated coming to a Four Seasons Resort. Please know that the appropriate discussions have taken place as we work to overcome these service shortfalls.

We hope you will accept our apology and we look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#20 of 75 in Scottsdale
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Paradise Valley
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!