Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess(Scottsdale)
  • Restaurant
2,126 results
All reviewspinnacle peakplunge poolproof restaurantresidence clubonyx barsaguaro blossomkids for all seasonsdeluxe casitadesert landscapeoutdoor showerfrozen grapescasual restaurantpool staffgas fireplacewalk in closetgolf cartkids club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We chose Four Seasons Scottsdale for an "easy to drive to" family vacation. My husband and I, as well as our two year old and nearly six month old could not have been happier with the experience. The resort is in a stunning setting with boulders towering above and a beautiful, bunny- and lizard-occupied trail from the casitas to the dining and pool areas. There is a fabulous children's pool, which is as large as a "regular" pool, but is no deeper than 18 inches at any point--perfect for our fledgling swimmer toddler. Our casita was lovely, with a private plunge pool and telescope on the back patio. In addition to the nice walks around the property and hours (HOURS) in various pools, my husband very much enjoyed playing golf at Troon North one afternoon. The staff, however, is truly what makes this resort so special and so in-line with what we've come to expect from the Four Seasons name. Bojan very kindly greeted us upon our arrival at the valet, and from then on, we met not a single soul who was not warm, welcoming, accommodating, and helpful. Brad, our server at Proof, remembered our breakfast drink orders from our first morning and had them ready at our table each subsequent morning when we arrived for seating. The hostess each morning at Proof, whose name I sadly did not get, was so very friendly and eager to accommodate our wishes for the children. When we dined at Talavera, we were not sure that such a lovely restaurant would welcome our children, but the hostess was so very gracious, seated us in an ideal spot (near the door!), and offered to take a family picture, of which we have few. Shaun, one of our servers at Talavera, was friendly and helpful with the menu, and our food was exceptional. The osso bucco was ridiculously tender and everything was presented so beautifully. Mira, another of our servers at Talavera, is truly the gem of the resort (which is saying much, as the entire staff was so wonderful). Mira spoke to our children with the warmth and friendliness of a mother to her own children. She was utterly kind and helpful, even cutting our two year old's fruit into smaller pieces when she saw my hands were full with the baby. She so endeared herself to our kids that upon leaving the restaurant, our toddler even gave her hug! People like Mira, and truly all of this resort's staff, are what make Four Seasons the brand it is and vacations like this so distinctly memorable for the frequent travelers that we are. Our experience was luxurious by any adult's standard, but made ever more special by how happy our children were while there as well.

Room Tip: We loved the casita with a plunge pool, have no knowledge of the other rooms at the resort with which to compare our.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and acknowledge the great experience you had with us.

We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay, and your kids were well looked after. I appreciate all of the glowing remarks. I will certainly share your feedback with the team.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We arrived late to the resort after a long drive and was welcomed by the valet and front desk by a nice warm smile, cold towel and bottle of water. The nice woman checked us in and confirmed the roll away bed in our room, since our son had come along on our trip. The woman stated that they would waive the 29.00 valet fee due to our late arrival, although I had to ask them to remove the fee upon check out since it appeared on our bill. They did, no question asked.

We paid for the breakfast in bed package, which gave us a $66.00 credit to use toward room service or at "PROOF" each morning. The room was lovely (RM 905) which was a ground floor room facing the backside of a mountain, not ideal, but I didn't pay for the upgraded room either. The room was spacious, even with the roll away bed and gave us plenty of space for 3 people. The only complaint was the air conditioning had a loud ticking noise whenever it was on, which was continuously since it was between 96 - 115 degrees outside the entire time we were there. I didn't complain about the air conditioning, as we were rarely in our room, only to sleep and it was a nice white noise for us. I can see that others may not feel the same. The first night, I also had a bug crawl on me while I was sleeping that my husband had to kill...I think it may have come in from one of our clothes while walking to the room, but it was quite large and not very pleasant to be woken up to the feeling of something crawling on your back.

The pool was lovely with very spacious cabanas with misters available on a first come first serve basis. The Adult pool is very tranquil and was a relief in the 100 degree heat. The pool staff were extremely attentive and always had fresh water pitchers full of ice on your table, continually asking if you needed anything and willing to help you with your towels and umbrella's. I have been to many other properties, and this was by far the most outstanding service I have ever had at the pool.

We also ate on property at PROOF both mornings for their breakfast buffet and I have never had such an extensive variety of creative breakfast foods. They had nutella stuffed gluten free french toast, brocolli and cheese frittata, buckwheat pancakes, a wonderful charcuterie, fresh selection of juices and made to order Omelette bar. We had an amazing server named Von who anticipated our every need. I would go back to this resort just for this breakfast, it was that good. Not only was the food amazing, but the atmosphere is straight out of a restoration hardware catalog, with a desert flair! Just perfect!

We also had the luxury to have appetizers and drinks at the Onyx bar. The service was outstanding and so were the views. We ordered a few drinks and a charcuterie plate and salmon and avacado flat bread. Both were amazing and very nicely plated. The charcuterie came on nice wood board with butcher paper that had hand written all the cheese and meats. It was a perfect end to the day and just enough food to hold us for a late dinner (off property).

We would definitely recommend this resort to anyone who would like a romantic getaway or even a nice family retreat, as it is also very family friendly. Our son was older, but there were many at the resort with small children and you can see the staff being very attentive to the needs of the little people at the property as well.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool, which will give you a nice mountain/city view also. Request second floor as the buildings are all only one and two stories high.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Teresa Z
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had a relaxing visit with us at our desert oasis. I will share your praise with the staff.

Again, thank you for your valued feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Was here for 2 nights on a business meeting. Absolute top notch 4 Seasons property. A smaller, intimate property with great staff. Always fun for a Midwesterner to stay at a great desert resort. The rooms are in a variety of separate adobe-style buildings.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife reserved a great room at the hotel for our 22nd anniversary. In our conversation at the hostess station for dinner, the hostess picked up the fact that it was our anniversary. When our menu was delivered it said happy anniversary on it. I call that a great first impression. The meal and the server continued that great first impression. The start of a great evening.

When we got back to our room, my wife took a shower ..that is when things went down hill. The problem the shower door channels the water on to the tile floor outside the shower. My wife stepped out of the shower slipped on the water that had pooled outside on the shower door and went down hard on the tile floor,, that naturally changed the mood of a romantic evening.

We turned on the tv to curl up and watch a movie together.The next problem we encountered was operating the entertainment system was one of the most frustrating experiences I've had at any hotel. I spend an average of 10 nights a month in hotel rooms. I think I have a little experience with entertainment systems on a hotel tv's, and I could not get this one to work.

When the front desk person asked us if we had enjoyed our stay. We told her our experience. She waived our resort fee. I consider the Four Seasons to be a first class hotel, if a guest's experience wasn't satisfactory. I would have expected more than waving the resort fee.

I got the survey from the Four Seasons that I took the time to fill out. I was impressed that I got a call from the front desk manager on the survey. I called and left a message for the manager to call me. I never heard back from the manager.

Our first stay was not the memorable impression we had expected

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frequenttravelerdave
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We value guest feedback as it helps us improve the guest experience.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, and dinner the evening of your anniversary.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and challenges once you arrived to your room that evening. Please know I have made sure that the Front Desk manager contacts you immediately.

We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

To celebrate our anniversary my wife and I decided to spend a weekend at the the resort. The grounds and surroundings are incredibly quiet and secluded area.

If there is one tendency noted in staying with Four Season Resorts, it is the attention to detail the employees seem to exhibit from entrance to departure. Evidence of this was the resort leaving a hand-written note welcoming us along with four chocolate-dipped strawberries commemorating our anniversary. Their willingness to go the extra mile is a remarkable and challenging attribute given the volume of guests that arrive, as well as their varying temperaments.

The spa was quiet and inviting as was the adult poor area, which was a bit more quiet than the general pool area where there were more families. The restaurant on-site, Proof, was delicious as we ate there four times, each time enjoying dessert. For those who enjoy desserts or have a sweet tooth, Proof is a MUST stop as we were told all the desserts are handmade on-site. From the Red Velvet Ice Cream, made with real chunks of red velvet cake, to the cheesecake and Raspberry Rhubarb. The flavor of each dessert was uniquely robust, but not overwhelming, creating the right balance of flavor and texture.

The blemishes on the weekend were quite minor - an out of order ice machine, two lights in the room that did not operate and an inaccurate dinner order, which in the grand scheme of things was not overly critical as the goal was simply a quiet getaway.

Would definitely recommend those looking for a quiet getaway to consider the resort and will personally be making a return trip again prior to the end of summer. While the grounds and rooms are impressive, their employees truly make a difference in the ambiance on-site.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd or 3rd story level facing to the south/southwest for a view of Pinnacle Peak and towards the city. If the preference is to have clear night skies, ask for a room facing to the north.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent experience at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale.

I appreciate the delightful comments regarding our grounds, staff and the impeccable service you received.

I apologize with a few of the challenges you had during your visit. Please know that the appropriate discussions have taken place as we work to overcome these service shortfalls.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!