“Scottsdale exellence”

Gainey Suites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We made this return visit to Gainey Suites and found exellence as before. All of the staff are freindly and helpful, Rich is always happy to chat whenever you meet him. The breakfast buffett and the more than generous evening drinks and eats are superb. Cannot speak highly enough about Gainey Suites and we hope to return again on our next visit from Oz

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madorabaybums
There are newer reviews for Gainey Suites Hotel

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My stay began on Thursday afternoon. Check in at 3pm went without a hitch with a professional looking front desk clerk named John. There's no bell boy, but I have never liked having one around. If I am capable of wheeling a suitcase through an airport, I can wheel it into a hotel elevator at no cost!!! My room was clean and spacious. There was a kitchenette that was fairly large as well as a sitting area with sofa that also acts as a pull out bed. The decor was actually very nice, far from dingy as one reviewer had commented. Toiletries were supplied along with Q tips and cotton balls. Plenty of nice thick towels. So far on par with some 5 start hotels I have stayed in for substantially more money.

Cocktail hour started at 5 pm. It was awesome every day!!! The hors d'oeuvres were excellent and there was beer, wine and fountain drinks. The hearth room lead into a welcoming patio (with a mister spraying to keep the shade cool) overlooking a beautiful courtyard. Breakfast was served in the same area and was delicious with good variety. It was very peaceful to sit out there and eat each morning.

The first nights sleep was a little restless as the mattress was a little too firm for me. The next day I asked John if I could have another pillow top for the bed and it was done immediately without Question or hesitation. The catering staff were just as professional and courteous. One young girl worked every day with a smile. I was very surprised that no one tipped them for bussing their tables.

I did not have my room serviced every day but when I did, I would leave a couple of dollars on the bed. The toiletries were refreshed generously and the room was immaculate. I used the hotels shuttle service once without a problem. You did have to wait for it to drop and pick you up, but if you don't want to hire a cab, it adds to your overall value. In addition there is wifi all over the Hotel which was slow on occasion, but again, it was free, so awesome in my mind. I was there for a conference so it came in handy. The conference facilities were on par with 5 star hotels.

Overall I have to say I don't think I have never enjoyed staying at a hotel as much as the Gainey. I have to give it 5 stars for my entire experience. Everyone was so friendly that I believed I was at home. It felt like an all inclusive resort. I did not use the pool or gym but I didn't hear complaints from anyone that I met that had. Before I knew it, it was Monday already and time to leave. Check out is noon, but since my flight was later in the afternoon, they did not mind that I hung out in the Hearth room and patio area.

I would go back there without hesitation with friends and family. I hope they Franchise.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nina K
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed in Gainey Suites while attending a conference at a more expensive, bigger, hotel up the street. I was a little apprehensive, because from Google maps, the larger hotel looked like it might be about .7 miles away, and the temperature was going to be quite hot -- 108 F !

As it turned, out, I don't know why Google maps made it seem so far away. If you walked straight up, by some very safe and clean streets, it was actually only about two-and-a-half blocks (with the half block being walking through the big hotel's parking lot).

One night a bunch of perhaps 6 or 7 people from the conference were walking back to Gainey Suites, but not together, and when we met up at the traffic light to cross the street, a general conversation broke out with everyone saying how very glad we were to be staying at Gainey Suites and how very we satisfied with it we were. It was a real ice breaker, because we did not know each other before-hand.

Here's a comparison:

- substantial cooked breakfast buffet: included at Gainey Suites; $$$ at the bigger hotel

- happy hour buffet of hot snack: included at Gainey Suites; $$$ at the bigger hotel

- kitchen and living area: included at Gainey Suites, $$$ at the bigger hotel

- copies and print-outs: included at Gainey Suites; $$$ at the bigger hotel (~$10 to print out 4 pages black and white)

- free shuttle within 5 mile distances: included at Gainey Suites (I took the shuttle to the bigger hotel before I figured out how close it was); 20 minutes to call a cab at the bigger hotel

On top of that, the Gainey Suites Hotel was MUCH MUCH cheaper than the bigger hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The rooms are very comforable, spacious and clean. I was very impressed of the staff and managers; excellent service and very friendly. Very pleased with my stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed at the Gainey Suites for 3 nights. We booked the deal stay 3 nights pay for 2. This hotel is centrally located. Check in was convenient and the fresh chocolate chip cookies nightly were a nice treat. The price included a nice breakfast and evening food and wine, beer, and soda. The menu changes daily. We were able to set outside and enjoy the evening having a few drinks after running all day. What a great value compared to other hotels in the area.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacationlady1
Reviewed 2 June 2012

First class property, outstanding value, friendliest employees I've ever encountered

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Nice room - 2 bedrooms. Happy hour & breakfast were great. Liked the free teddy bears! Only stayed one night, but would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family