“Move me in.....”

Gainey Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Yeah for Gainey Suites. We loved our stay.
The suite was so cute I wanted to move in.
It was clean, staff was great, reception was yummy. It was dinner for us both nights.
Excellent location. Go to the BUTTERFLY WONDERLAND.....amazing!!!!
Nice pool....I want to go back.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. No problem.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. It's a very nice hotel that offers free breakfast & dinner daily along with free wine & beer. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with a courtyard view for the same rate as a one bedroom suite. The rooms are very nice with plush, comfortable beds that include a featherbed & goose down pillows. Rooms have a full size kitchen with dishes, utensils, pots, pans, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, stove, oven & full size refrigerator. The bathrooms come with Bath & Body Works products to use. This place has everything you could possibly ever need. The staff was very friendly & go out of there way to make sure their customers are happy. If dining on the outside patio in the evenings they have misters turned on to keep you nice & cool. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Scottsdale.

Room Tip: Ground level courtyard/pool view suites are the best rooms if you want the perfect view & close...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was a bit of a splurge but we enjoyed it. It felt like a little apartment. The suites are roomy, the bed very comfortable, and everything was clean. The staff were exceptional. The daily free breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres/wine were great. It's relatively small, which is nice as it's not overrun with crowds. The only disappointment was the small, basic, rectangular pool. (I've been spoiled by the gorgeous pools and gardens at the Firesky down the road; however their rooms are not as nice.)

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MinneSurfSider
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed here when my husband was playing in charity Golf tournament nearby and we had a very good experience! The room was very nice and the pool and spa area is great!They have breakfast buffet in the morning that is very good and you can sit in outdoor patio area!Shopping and restaurants right next door In Gainey Village which has Paradise Bakery and Village Tavern which are both great places.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Very nice hotel. We stayed for one night in a studio suite with a special deal from Travelzoo. The staff were attentive and helpful. The evening reception was a pleasant surprise!!! Its more like dinner than snacks. The breakfast was also good with lots of choices. My only issue was that we did have 3 in our room and I noticed that they charged my credit card an extra $8.95, which I assume was for the third breakfast. And while its not a big deal, my thinking is really???? You have a room that can accomodate 4 people, just say a price and stick with it instead of trying to slyly sneak in extra charges.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
RRGainey1, General Manager at Gainey Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Hello from the Gainey Suites Hotel! We are delighted to hear that you had a most enjoyable experience at our hotel and on allow me to say that it was absolutely a pleasure having you all as our guests and thanks so much for your wonderfully kind and thoughtful review.
Regarding the $8.95 charge you had mentioned, I wanted to let you know that it is definitely not for an extra breakfast as we do not ever charge an additional fee for that regardless of how many guests are in the room. I don't know off hand what the charge actually is for, but if you could e-mail your guest information (name/date of stay) to me (Rich Newman-General Manager) at rnewman@gaineysuiteshotel.com, or fax a copy of the folio to 480 922 1689 I will find out exactly what the charge was for and get right back to you. You can also call me personally if you wish on my cell phone 480 262 4665 anytime. Again, it was great having you with us and on behalf of our entire Gainey Suites Hotel family we look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, wishing you all the best and take good care! Warm regards,
Rich Newman, General Manager GSH

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Coming far away from Switzerland, we stayed in this lovely hotel for 6 weeks for the 2nd time. We had a room with a beautiful patio. The very clean rooms are furnished with everything you need, full kitchen, seating area and a comfortable bed. Agents at the Front desk, the GM as well as the staff in the dining area are very friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet and happy hour between 5 and 7pm are excellent.
We can highly recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The secret is out and I am letting it out! The Gainey Suites hotel offers you 4 Diamond Service without the price tag. I had the pleasure of staying in this marvelous cozy hotel and had the vacation of a lifetime. I had seen a promotion on Travelzoo and decided to take a much needed break from the hectic life of being a Concierge at one of the largest hotel in NYC and it was the best decision I ever made. From the moment I arrived I was greeted with such warmed by the staff that it made me feel right at home and safe considering that I was a female traveling alone for the first time to Scottsdale, AZ. The staff at this hotel truly defined the word "HOSPITALITY". Front Desk Manager, Olivia and Front Desk Agents, John and Megan were fantastic and greeting me each and everyday with a smile and great conversation and suggestions of things to do in Scottsdale. These particular SUPERSTARS is what CUSTOMER SERVICE is all about but their entire staff deserve a TWO THUMBS UP. Everyone was always greeting the guest with a warm smile and saying hello which was lovely to see each day. Every time I looked around I was always seeing consumer service at its best. One busy morning, while I was having breakfast I saw a gentleman grabbing dishes and cleaning table which turn out the be the GM, Rich Newman, getting down and dirty with his staff. It had such a great impression on me to see a perfect example of being a team player and showing leadership at its best. I had previously seen him walking around making sure things where in order and clean that I thought he was the housekeeping supervisor but no he is the GM, LOL!!! I have never seen a GM get down and dirty with his staff so way to go Mr. Newman!! Another WOW moment for me was that housekeeping kept leaving me each and everyday clean towels and amenities outside my room considering that I kept forgetting to remove the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign for the 5 nights that I stayed. That's what Customer Service is all about. I didn't have to request it, it was just done. So way to go to the entire staff for top notch CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! The hotel was immaculately clean, cozy and in a great location. The hotel has a great medium size swimming pool, hot tub, offers room service, breakfast in the morning and a small meal in the afternoon and a shuttle service within a 5 mile radius or less if am not mistaken. Within walking distance you have the Gainey Village Shops which has restaurants, coffee shops and of course cute little shops as well. The hotel has a perfect location just minutes away from more restaurants, shopping, bars, clubs, art and historic district in Scottsdale. You can rent a car if you want to but you really don't need to since you have the option of the shuttle provided by the hotel, taxi or the bus for that matter, bus 72 leaves you right in front of the Gainey Village shops where the hotel is located. As I Concierge my job is to pick apart anywhere I go and make sure it meets my demanding expectation so that I can confidently recommend the vendors to my guest and the Gainey Suites Hotel pass the test with flying colors. They exceeded my expectations beyond words. So book your reservations now if you need to gather yourself mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally from the hectic duties of everyday life because I guarantee you that you will leave rejuvenated. Now that the secret is out reservation will probably be impossible to get so I hope to be back next year for a refresher if I can get a room, LOL!!! Thank you Gainey Suites for making this vacation one of the best I ever taken. Yeah!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the court yard, swimming pool area a very nice to wake up too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo