“Excellent Hotel and Staff”

Gainey Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We were welcomed back for our second stay here over the Christmas holiday and it felt like our "second home". The room and hotel amenities are second to none: from the comfort level of the room to the attentive staff....we've always enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. A big "Thank You" to Rich and Olivia for taking such good care of us. We're looking forward to our next visit! Best regards from the "Frozen Tundra" of Wisconsin.....Tony and Judy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy K

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I thought I already wrote this review but I can't find it so let's do it again.
Last year I gave my mom a trip to Spring Training, GO GIANTS!, as a Christmas present. I went through Expedia.com to book the hotel. Gainey had good reviews and most importantly, suites that were reasonably priced. I can't share a room with my mom (won't embarrass her by saying why) but it's a pain to have 2 separate rooms in a hotel. A suite was my decision. Expedia.com got me what I thought was a good deal and off we went.

I arrived first to this beautiful hotel tucked away from traffic but still close to everything. I went ro ask if I could check in early so I could nap before my mom arrived. Not only did the wonderful woman behind the desk let me check in early she also noticed she could get me a better rate. SCORE!

Now for the stuff you really need to know. The staff is more than polite. They are welcoming and will go out of their way to help you. If they can't for some reason they will do find you someone who can. The rooms were wonderful with great bathrooms. The common room felt like a nice living room. And the kitchen helped us save a lot of money. Breakfast was always warm and fresh with lots of choices. We met a lot of people while eating breakfast.

The front desk staff was the best I've ever delt with. The day manager turned out to be the woman who checked me in and she continued to be helpful when I wanted to extend our stay. Luckily I asked early enough. She even booked me a pedicure at the spa behind the hotel. I really can't say enough about this hotel. We enjoyed it so much my mom asked if we could do the same thing this year including a stay at Gainey. So we're coming back to Spring Training and Gainey Suites. This will probably become a yearly trip. Will let you know how it goes the second time around. GO GIANTS!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SKHill
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Just returned from our third visit to the Gainey Suites. Our 11 and 9 year old love it and so do we. The pool is comfortable and never crowded. Breakfasts are great and the location makes for very easy access to all the close shopping and restaurants. Feather beds / pillows are comfortable and service is always good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy K
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My spouse and I stayed at the hotel our last night in Scottsdale. Competitive rates for the Scottsdale area, with spacious suites. Very comfortable accommodations. Terrific happy hour and very nice breakfast. Front desk personnel friendly and helpful with directions, restaurant locations, etc. A stand-out in the Scottsdale area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GLWestP55
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here for a week in late Dec/ early January. The hotel is very clean with excellent service. The heated pool was a big hit with the kids, but never crowded. They advertise a free breakfast and cocktail hour. I fully expected a danish, some cereal and toast for breakfast. Boy was i wrong!!! It is a FULL breakfast! The same is true in the evening....the food is very hearty. We did not cook in the room, so I can't address if the kitchen was well stocked, but we really enjoyed the nice sitting area between the two bedrooms. Overall...we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicole40_13
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Gainey Suites in November 2013. We chose the hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The suite we stayed in faced the courtyard and was very nice with a kitchen area, couch and flat screen TV, and a standard size bathroom. What really made the hotel nice was the excellent complimentary breakfast in the mornings, the complimentary wine and snacks served in the evening, and the beautiful courtyard area. We liked sitting at the tables with the fire pit in the middle - very romantic and relaxing. The service was great, and the staff was all very friendly and helpful.

In addition, the hotel is close to nice restaurants and shops in a very nice part of town. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Celine315
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We had a very pleasant 3 day stay here. Free breakfast and evening wine/beer and nibbles. The food was quite good and could suffice for dinner if you don't want to go out. We made use of the hot tub which is opened until 11:00pm. Pool heated and empty. We had the pool area to ourselves at night. Comfortable king bed and plenty of room. Free wifi. Staff friendly. We were also able to print our boarding passes from the front desk. Nice decor and friendly feeling. Would recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple