“Amazing resort”

Gainey Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

What a value for this place! This is one of the most accommodating and friendly staff at a hotel I have ever encountered. They were able to get us an early early check in, they arranged car service for our group, they suggested restaurants. The bartender at the outside terrace bar was outgoing and fun and made drinks specific to your liking.
The rooms were spacious, clean and modern. All the amenities of home were tucked into the room from a full kitchen setup to q-tips and cotton balls in the bathroom.
The included breakfast and happy hour were tasty and enough to hold you over till you ate out or for the day/night.
The beds are super comfy..down duvets and pillows. The take home teddy bear is a cute touch.
Overall this was a beautiful property once you get inside..the front doesn't say much or capture the resort feel as you drive up. The green area and pool are top notch although you may not want to warm the pool in the middle of the phoenix heat...the pool was the same temperature as the air.
We are looking forward to going back to the gained suites next summer.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank az2ny2008

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was here. They not only accommodated our early arrival, but did so with a smile. The staff was friendly, the pool was a refreshing oasis, and both the evening reception and breakfast were not only complimentary, but quite good. The room itself was clean, with up to date features such as granite countertops and flat screen TVs in not only the sitting area but also the bedroom.

It was also a tremendous value since we were able to get a discounted price through booking.com. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to the Scottsdale/Phoenix area!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We took a chance and booked the Gainey Suites Hotel for our trip with the grandkids this summer. The two bedroom apartment style rooms appealed to us and the included breakfast and evening reception sounded like a great idea with kids. My concern was the location , the common pool design, and the quality of food. All my fears were completely for nothing because we had an AMAZING stay. The staff are the most friendly and helpful ever. Even the maids smile and greet you in the mornings. The food was delicious and varied every morning. The evening reception had big healthy salads and again a variety every evening. The kids could easily make dinner out of it. Us adults enjoyed snacking at happy hour and then going out for a light dinner but certainly one could make it their dinner if the budget was stretched. The pool was lovely and the kids liked it a lot because the depth was great for their heights, they are 8 and 10 and there were other kids to play with too. For the price compared to the competition this place was a bargain and we would not hesitate to come here again next year. We bought Groupons for all kinds of great entertainment. Horseback riding, water parks, western towns, movie theatres, we tubed on the Salt river. The summer is hot but there are such discounts and you are often indoors or in the water or evening plans that it was not bad at all. The kids loved the trip. Saying it was one of their favorite vacations. The accomodations were perfect for all of us. It is not probably a place for a couple who wants quiet and it is not fancy but it is beautiful and clean and comfortable and very very friendly and the location is great to just about everything.

Room Tip: We had a first floor near the pool which made it easy for the family to get to the pool and to the r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KellysEdge
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great location. Across the street from Hyatt Gainey Ranch. Appetizers at evening reception was great. Shopping center with a good selection of restaurants literally shares a parking lot with the hotel. Most rooms do not have a balcony or patio, which is a disappointment. The pool is basic, but luxury amenities around it. Padded chairs, water features etc. The outside ambience of bar and seating area quite relaxing. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank spagirl104
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great hotel! Friendly and hard working staff from front desk to kitchen and wait staff and pool people and housekeeping. Had an early flight so checked in early and they had a room ready for me. I had said on my reservation I might need early check in and they had it ready. I had already asked for courtyard pool view since I had seen it on the reviews and so glad that I did. I had been upgraded to the courtyard pool view which was nice. The pool staff worked very hard making sure there were plenty of towels and also cleaning the pool and wiping down the chairs all the time. The breakfast was definitely worth it! Good food and plenty of options. The kitchen and wait staff were friendly and hard working also. The evening reception was like a meal and very good also. I ate a big breakfast and then grabbed a banana and yogurt to eat as lunch. The room was very nice and modern and clean. There was a full kitchen and it was nice. If you want a place to go I would recommend a short walk over to Paradise Bakery and Café where I was able to get a fountain drink and some good cookies. I would recommend taking something you can get water in. I had a water bottle from the airport and would fill that up and freeze and take it to the pool. I had a great time my last night there. Overall a great hotel that I highly recommend. Will stay there again if I go back to Scottsdale. Thanks!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank gr8athleticbud
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I recently had a long weekend at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale and had a wonderful time! The rooms are spacious, well designed, and include a convenient kitchen. Not that you have to use it very much, as complimentary breakfast and "appetizers" are provided, which turned out to be quite substantial if you ask me! Great place to bring a family, great location, and a great pool. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room against the outer perimeter, which buffered against pool noise in the courtyard nicely...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It was a perfect stay (16-18 June 2014). We booked a standard room but we got upgraded to a junior suite. We had 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and a living room with a very wel equipped kitchen inbetween. Very stylish decorated with nature stone tiles in the bathroom. The swimmingpool is great and also the breakfast as well as the complimentary finger foods and salads/snacks in the evening. We also used the gym wich was very nice and clean. Also located close to Old Town Scottsdale (lovely). Hotel is definitely recommended! Also when traveling in june which is a dry month (90% humidity) make sure you drink enough water against dehydration. Escpecially when your not used to the desert! If you like shopping, next to the hotel at walking distance there are some nice boutique shops. For the real shopping go to Arizona Malls in Phoenix!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple