“Stay at Gainey Suites”

Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Astoria
“Stay at Gainey Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2009

Our recent visit (March 15-23, 2009) was a most positive experience. Gainey Suites is a well-managed and appointed facility. The location affords maximum access to Scottsdale and surrounding points of interest. Out stay was make comfortable by a well-prepared breakfast each day and the happy-hour was most pleasant and appropriate. Gainey Suites is served by a courteous and professional staff that makes one feel that this is a home-away from home. Our pleasure was to be part of this scene and we will not only be there again, but we will also recommend Gainey Suites to our friends.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2009

This hotel serves as a home base for my colleagues and I when we are in town. I am here at least once a month if not more. The rooms are great and the staff is always friendly. One staff member (Cristalle) is my morning coffee. No matter the time of day she has a smile on her face and is eager to help.

From the continental breakfast to the evening happy hour, this hotel aims to please and make my time away from my family bearable. (Did I forget to mention the cookies?)

I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Lake Forest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

The Gainey Suites is not a resort.....nor is it a 5 star hotel. But, if you're looking for a warm, welcoming, homelike atmosphere with a wonderful staff that will greet you by name when you come and go......this is the place to stay. I just spent 9 nights at G.S. while I was in the final planning stages of my daughter's wedding and I can't express how friendly, helpful, PATIENT and gracious the entire staff was. In addition to the wonderful staff, the property is cozy, clean and VERY comfortable. Don't be fooled by the relatively unimpressive exterior. Inside is where it's all happening!! You will immediately feel the warmth and coziness of the staff and the hotel the minute you walk thru the doors. I was there in February, so I was immediately struck with the glowing fireplace, the welcoming furnishings and the basket of chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. Look past the front lobby and you will be pleased with yet another fireplace in the Hearth Room, which is where they serve a more than adequate breakfast buffet in the morning and a lovely cocktail hour from 5-7 pm. The rooms are well appointed with nice, fully equipped kitchens, flat screen TVs and very comfortable beds with down comforters and pillows. There is a very attractive patio area off the Hearth Room and a lovely pool area with comfortable lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas. The hotel is also situated directly next to the Gainey Village with restaurants and boutique shopping, as well as the Gainey Spa and Fitness Center where you can enjoy a Spa day. I hosted a brunch on the patio for approx. 60 people on the sunday morning after my daughter's wedding that was flawless. The food stations, the table settings and the staff were all outstanding. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a comfortable, relaxing and friendly atmosphere with impeccable service.

Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TerriK55
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2008

My sister and I have stayed at Gainey Suites in the past and were pleased. This time, the hotel was undergoing renovations to their guest rooms. This was not mentioned at all on the website, or when I called to book our package. We were given a room at the very far end of the hotel, and had to pass by debris removed from rooms (curtains, etc.) as well as new mattresses and furniture stacked in the hallways. We were also near "banos for construction workers" and the laundry room where lint was abundant on the sidewalk outside our window. This was not what I would consider a "luxury" experience. My complaint is that I should have been given the choice as to whether I wanted to stay in a hotel undergoing renovations or not. Had we stayed more than one night, it would have been hard to ignore the condition of the hotel.

• Liked — location, good value of package
  • Disliked — renovation work, disinterested hotel clerk at check in
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
rrgainey, General Manager at Gainey Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2009
Allow me to express our apologies to any of our guests who may have been disturbed along the way of the $3.7 million "top to bottom" renovation of our 162 guest suites this past summer and fall. I admit that it certainly can be a challenge at times and not without the occasional bump in the road here and there. Nonetheless we completed the project in late November 2008 and are very pleased with our stylish new suites product. We hope to have the opportunity to share our fantastic remodel and some good old fashioned Southwestern hospitality with you all the next time your travels bring you to Scottsdale, Az. Until then, wishing you all the best! The Gainey Suites Team
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2008

Recently stayed here on business - nice property, well-maintained with a good front desk staff. Great value for the money in a central Scottsdale location.

A couple thoughts to chew on...

#1: When I returned to my room at 1:30 after going out with several clients, at least two of the hotel's exterior doors were unlocked (including a secluded door at the end of a hallway). I'm not one of them, but I do know this freaks out certain people.

#2: Teenagers in the hallway when I returned (1:30AM) - running in and out one of the aforementioned unlocked exterior doors, up & down the hallway, etc.. Not unusual in some hotels, but I really thought this was a business-centered hotel.

#3: The hotel seems to offer free, in-person wakeups from the hotel's housekeeping staff. They apparently aren't familiar with the "DO NOT DISTURB" hanger. I received an early morning knock from a housekeeper who wanted to know what time I thought I would be checking out. Nevermind that it was several hours before the listed checkout, nor that my "DO NOT DISTURB" sign was hung, nor that I was out late the night before with clients.

Otherwise, a good stay and a nice place.

• Liked — Convenient location, free internet
  • Disliked — Housekeepers disregarding "Do Not Disturb" hanger
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Please allow me to express our apology to anyone roused out of our wonderful Gainey Suite Dreams Bed a bit early by our apparently, a little too eager to clean, Room Attendants. They are a great group but rest assured we'll refresh the daily start schedule with the entire team. On the weekday mornings they should be off and running about 7:30-8 am and on weekends around 8:30-9 am. Just as an added measure we recommend that folks wishing to sleep-in leave the "Do Not Disturb" hanger outside their door. Thanks so much and all the best!