“Warm and Cozy”

Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Vancouver
“Warm and Cozy”
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I stayed at Gainey Suites close to Christmas time and it really had a warm and cozy feel. The staff were just great. The rooms squeaky clean. I really like the fact that they had free appetizers in the evening. We got to meet other people there and share stories.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2010

In making my reservation, Lisa McKee was very helpful and attentive to my needs. My flight was delayed, but my room was waiting for me. Although I arrived late and left early the next morning, I was very comfortable, slept well, enjoyed my breakfast and was excited about my day at the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I stayed here for four nights while attending a conference nearby. I was put onto this hotel by a colleague. Best advice I have received in a while. The room was great, the bed very comfortable. The aircon worked perfectly considering it was 90 degrees outside.

Breakfast was good and filling with a fair selection. I really liked the complementary drinks and snacks in the evening. A nice touch.

The pool looked good though I did not hop in, my fellow travellers did and they said it was good with a good temparature.

Transfers to my conference location were a breeze, as was a quick trip to a nearby mall when I realised that I had to buy something to wear on one of the nights I was there.

The kids liked their Gainey bears that I brought home with me (provided free with accomodation).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Went to Scottsdale to play golf in February. We picked Gainey Suites from the recommendation from Trip Advisor and was pleased. Centrally located to shopping and golf courses. Having the complementary breakfast right there every morning helped get us out the door to the golf courses in quick fashion and on time. We are planning to go back next year. Also free internet service provided.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed 1 February 2010

This hotel was very nice, especially for the price! Just a walk to the Gainey Shops and a free trolley ride to Old Town Scottsdale. Great for golfers or anyone just traveling to the area - nice free breakfast and happy hour too! Very impressed and I would recommend it to anyone.
--The only minor (very minor) negative thing would have been that the front desk seemed to be a little under staffed - only one person working over the weekend - so they were not as quick to respond to our needs.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
New Mexico
Reviewed 24 January 2010

The location of the hotel is perfct, everything is very close. People in the hotel are very friendly and happy to help you in anything that you or your family need, specially the front desk manager, Olivia. The breakfast is great and the happy hour from 6-7 is faboulous!!!
This is a very family oriented hotel. For sure I will come back to Phoniex and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Clovis, NM
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. I've stayed at the Drake in Chicago, The Wynn in Vegas and variious locations in Viet Nam. This was above and beyond any of them. I suggest that anyone visiting in the Scottsdale area stay at the Gainey Suites Hotel for an experience that will enjoy and remeber for a long time.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends