“Hidden Gem...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Went to the Phoenix area on vacation for a few days and decided to stay in the Scottsdale area instead of Phoenix. This hotel is well located with easy access to the highway system to get around the Phoenix metro easily. Nice outdoor pool and great service all around.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rafael A
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Hello LtnJoe,

Thank you for taking the time in providing your comments about your positive experience with us. We have made some great improvements since your stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We had booked our stay of 6 days, then I checked TripAdvisor just prior to leaving home. Imagine my surprise to see a very negative review of the property. Hmmmm ...

We arrived to find a clean, bright, quiet, and friendly hotel. Not at all what was described by a recent reviewer. I'm not certain what the issues were, but our room is QUIET, clean, older decor but absolutely no problems!

The staff can't be friendlier. We arrived only to have to complete a real estate transaction. I was able to get multiple documents printed then faxed. Cost? No, nada, nothing, gratis. You simply can't beat that kind of service.

Have I mentioned meals? There is a breakfast buffet each day. We haven't partaken since we are using breakfast supplies from the grocery store in our fully stocked kitchenette. We have eaten several evenings at the supper buffet. A light supper of differing themes is provided each evening Monday through Thursday. Food quality is fine. No problems. Our room is at the far end of the hotel. Yes, you have to hike to the front desk, but it isn't difficult.

Taking into account the food service, the quality for price simply can't be beaten.

I suppose someone might have had a bad room, but I can tell you that this hotel is nothing like what was just depicted in a previous review. My wife commented that this was as close to being home ... on the road ... as she has ever experienced. We travel frequently, and she rarely lavishes compliments like that.

7  Thank GeneW_Provo
Reviewed 20 June 2012

First night In... great!! Staff was polite during checking in.. Told me the easiest way to get to the room.. Told me about all hotel offers.. I ran out of ice... Megan offered to bring to room but I choose to grab it my self.. So far so good.. Being a Hilton honor member..Im impressed so far.. I like the fact that they are environment friendly!! . All I can say so far is great.. Room is comfy.. Need more tv channels though. Let's see how the next 3 nights go.. VFM ( value for money) so far .... Great!! I just wish the fridge made ice... Or they had a ice machine.... But if u ask front staff... They will offer u a bag... Thnx Megan!! But need more outlets in the room... Or offer an extension cord.. L

1  Thank mtymouse
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed here just one night Memorial Day weekend. I picked this hotel to be near Taliesin, old town Scottsdale & because I had a very nice stay awhile back at a Homewood in Washington DC.
We enjoyed the free evening meal & breakfast. This Hotel had so much food, we did not need to go out to eat dinner, which was a pleasant surprise. I expected more "finger food", but it was a complete meal.
We had great difficulty regulating the temperature of our room & I finally called the front desk. A young man came up & changed the AC air filter & checked the coolant levels. He brought a box fan to help cool down the room. He came back & checked again (brought us some extra popcorn) and to be sure we were comfortable & happy. I regret I cannot remember his name! (But thank you for your kindness & attention to detail)
My only quibble has to do with the layout of the hotel. It has very long corridors with stairs/elevators only at ends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

What a crappy, old, worn, hotel - Not up to Hilton standards.
Carpet shows big bubble as if their is a pyhon snake under it.
Shower walls have dirt stains and peeling wallpaper.
What a Run down, sad, hotel.
They use water softener which means you can't rince soap off your body and will forever feel that slimy soapy feeling. Gross!
Long maid hair on my bathroom floor and maid leaves her dirty cleaning cart actually blocking my way into my room.
Clock stuck on the wrong time and no way to change the time on it.
Disgusting dump of a hotel.
Funny though - they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee sign in the room. I asked them to honor it and girl said she must ask her manager (Jessica Torres) who denied me the 100% guarantee promise - which stated that if you are not satisfied, you pay nothing. Jessica Torres (cardboard manager) refused to honor their promise. Why post the 100% satisfaction in every room if manager refuses to honor that commitment? What a joke!
I checked out after 1 night and stayed instead at the superior Residence Inn.
In this case, Hilton sucks!

Room Tip: stay in a cardboard box on the street. Much cleaner.
5  Thank JimB_Traveler
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Mr. JimBeck,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your stay. I would like the opportunity to discuss the challenges you experienced, as I was not involved in the situation. We have an exemplary reputation of treating all of our guests like family with the utmost respect and professionalism, therefore, I look forward to changing your negative perception of Hilton through our phone conversation.

Our hopes are to provide all of our guests with an exceptional experience, not just a few. Therefore, I look forward to discussing possible solutions in respect with the softness of our water.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We asked for a quiet room and were not disappointed. As this is a suite hotel, there were 3 rooms -living room, bedroom and bathroom. The living/dining area was well appointed and there was plenty of space. We were only here overnight but we thought it was a really comfortable hotel. Lots of parking, restaurants are nearby, or if you want, you can buy microwaveable meals from reception. The breakfast was great, very varied as other reviewers have said and you can sit inside or outside to eat. Very pleasant. Staff were helpful and we really liked staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HampshireMim
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Hello HampshireMim,

Thank you for your time and consideration in reviewing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your quiet location and hope that it contributed to a relaxing stay with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Both my sister and I enjoyed our stay. Staff were friendly, helpful and concerned. Location was central to all our destinations. Complimentary breakfast and evening snack were good. Would stay here again on next visit to Phoenix

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat B
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Hello HampshireMim,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel and staff. I’m happy to hear that our location was convenient for your stay. Our centrally located hotel makes it easier for us to transport our guests with our complimentary shuttle to a variety of shopping districts, restaurants, and attractions within a 5 mile radius.

See you soon!