“Seems to be slipping”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale
Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This hotel is close to my companies Scottsdale office. I've been staying here for several years. I I just stayed here again 5-22 to 5-24. The trash can at the back of the hotel was not emptied during my stay. Was literally overflowing with trash and cigarette butts. As a HH Diamond member is normally get a couple bottles of water but these were not delivered. Had about a 10 minute wait to check in.

I wonder if this property is under new management. I will likely continue to stay given it's proximity to my office but hope to see improvement.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank golfwesty
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear golfwesty,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on our service and condition of our property. As a valued Diamond member, we are proud to offer you choices in your welcome gift at our Homewood Suites hotels. You can choose from bonus points or water and cookies delivered to your room. We do apologize that your choice of cookies and water were not waiting for you in your room.

We hope to improve your impression of our hotel on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We booked this place based on the rave reviews, but it didn't live up to them. It was fine—clean, quiet—but far from exceptional. (Made us wonder who really wrote some of those reviews.)

At least one review mentioned that there were shops within walking distance, but that's only if you like to shop at Wal-Mart. The hotel is quite far from downtown, so not an ideal base from which to explore the city. Our room was clean, but smelled like chemical-based cleaning products and you can't open the windows to let in any fresh air. Breakfast was okay.

I like to think you can trust reviews on this site, but I'm more skeptical based on this experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SC00P_23
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Hello Scoop_23,

I regret to hear your unpleasant experience at our hotel. Our aim is to provide an exceptional experience for all of our guests, on behalf of the entire staff, I apologize that we fell short for you during your stay. We are looking into the "chemical based product" smell to avoid further experiences like yours.

We are centally located between the trendiest shopping districts in Scottsdale, Fashion Square in the south and Kierland Commons in the north, our complimentary shuttle can take our guests to both.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Very accommodating hotel and excellent staff. Breakfast and evening meals were very good. Hosts were excellent (Delia and Neyeli). Also, check-in clerks, Mele and Jessica are very helpful. They answer any questions we have about the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. We have recommended this hotel to co-workers as well as family.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Hello Jesse A,

Great to hear that you're stay was EXCELLENT. I have relayed your kind words about Delia, Nayeli, Jessica, and Mele to them during our team meetings. They were thrilled to hear that they made such an impression on you.

See you on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I decided to stay here due to prior reviews. Overall a very satisfactory experience. Plus: size of rooms, very well equipped kitchen, breakfast buffet with a good choice of items (no paper plates, no plastic silverware, a surprisingly green policy). Minus: no 'off' button for air condition, could not get restaurant recommendations from front desk, given the size of property pool is tiny, rooms closer to Scottsdale Road might be louder. Location might be considered a little bit far from downtown Scottsdale.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Hello Cibiem,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you noticed our push to be more "green." We will certainly check your room to ensure proper functioning of the a/c. I apologize that you were unsuccessful in receiving restaurant information from our front desk, we will work on that to better our guests' Scottsdale dining experience for the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I booked my stay based upon Trip Advisor reviews and have mixed feelings about my stay. The location is good (but any hotel on Scottsdale Road has a good location) and the suite itself was roomy and the bed was comfortable. What didn't go well: I read there was a partnership with Lifetime Fitness but was given no information on passes or where the gym was and I was given a ground floor unit even though I had asked prior to my visit for a Top Floor unit. The walls were paper thin and the people upstairs kept me awake both nights and woke me up at 4AM my last day. The air also blew off an on all night which gave me a headache. I don't think I will stay here again even though it was a good value for the money. Just an average place in my travels. I would much prefer the Doubletree on Scottsdale Road as the walls are concrete and have never heard a soul during my stays plus they have an onsite gym that is excellent.

Stayed: May 2013
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Hello hpd3,

I regret to hear that your stay with us wasn't all that you expected. The Lifetime passes are typically distributed upon request, but we will certainly take note from your experience and ensure that our partnership with Lifetime Fitness is communicated to all guests at the time of check in.

Next time you're in Scottsdale, please give me a call at 480-368-1200 so that I can personally take care of your stay arrangements here at our property.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

This hotel is at an excellent location and the suites are exceptional. They are clean, the furniture and bedding are comfortable, and they feel very private. I could not hear any activity in the rooms nearby. A quiet and relaxing room indeed. The hotel staff is always friendly. This is a wonderful place to relax for the weekend!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessica M

Greetings Jessica M,

What an OUTSTANDING review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is defintely centrally located, our complimentary shuttle can transport our guests to the top restaurants and shopping centers that Scottsdale has to offer.

Next time you're in the need of a pampering experience, please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

good price, nice room, excellent staff, decent free breakfast, good free dinner/wine/beer/soda in the evening. There for business. Good location. Guest of the day gets a prize. Wasn't me. Stayed two separate weeks.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Hello Jeffrey D,

Thank you for your kind review. Our Guest of the Day program is a huge hit with everyone, guests and our team. We hope to see you soon... you might be surprised with a nice goodie bag.

Please give me a call next time you're in town, I would be glad to assist with your reservation.