“A hidden gem!”

Ranked #50 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Albuquerque
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

This is a very pleasant mid-price hotel in north Scottsdale. Close to downtown, shopping and restaurants. Convenient to Mayo Clinic specialist bldg.

Our room was pet friendly, with a separate door opening onto a small shared patio. The bed was very clean and comfortable. Plenty of pillows. Very nice.

Breakfast is provided on-site in a charming room. Hot choices include eggs and potatoes, fresh oatmeal with dried cranberries and almonds. Several choices of coffees and tea and juices. Coffee service is available all day.

This is a scrupulously clean, very cozy little hotel.

Irwin at the front desk was a real joy. So polite and so pleasant. I would promote him, if I were the boss. He is head and shoulders above the others. He knows how to treat a guest.

Judy, isn't really suited to hospitality. Making guests cool their heels while has a cigarette break is unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2011
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for commenting about last year's visit to our hotel. I'm sorry about the poor treatment you received from Jody and will review this with her so that this won't happen again. Irvin is one of our best and inspires all of us to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll be sure he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I am a Hampton fan and this experience lived up to the friendly corporate culture Hampton seems to share with the majority of their properties. This hotel was near my colleague's law firm and convenient to good restaurants and freeway access. I arrived late and was met by Jody at the front desk. Jody is one of those people who simply makes you smile and feel good, no matter how tired and hot you are. She knew I was expected and called me by name when I checked in. Unfortunately, the room I was given had a soggy carpet from a faulty air conditioning unit. I called Jody and she immediately brought up a new key to a different room and all was well. The rooms themselves are average for a Hampton. A bit dark, with a small window (the rooms looking out on the pool provide a nice view, but in the winter months might be a bit noisy), and older construction. The bathrooms were spacious and updated with a granite countertop. The TV was a flatscreen HD model, and the room included a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. One thing I appreciated was the extraordinary number and placement of electrical outlets. More than enough to charge phones, computers, etc. Breakfast was your standard Hampton offering. Everyone from housekeeping to Jody at the front desk were happy and pleasant. Since the hotel was slow, I was able to check out late and stay and work in the room. All in all, a good stay despite the soggy beginnings. If I come back to Scottsdale, I would stay here again. The pool and hot breakfast will appeal to families too.

Room Tip: Rooms surrounding the pool have a nice view and the ground floor has a sliding door to a small patio...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LegacyPlanner
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience here. I'm sorry about the soggy beginning, and agree that Jody is wonderful. I'll be sure that she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. We hope we can welcome you back and thank you in person the next time you are in Scottsdale.
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We arrived fairly late, but they had my reservation ready, referring to me by name. They knew we were traveling with a pet and assigned us a room that was pet-friendly. They did not charge us anything for having a pet. Their breakfast was typical for Hampton Inns: scrambled eggs and sausages, with a regional twist, along with cereals and pastries. Not the most convenient when traveling through, but a very quiet, very friendly place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank abqactor
Thank you for your recent stay and nice review. I'm glad you were happy with the accommodations and service we provide and that you and your four legged furry family member were able to enjoy yourselves while you were here. I hope you will let us serve you here again soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I and my family of five recently stayed four nights at the Hampton Inn in Scottsdale, AZ. I have stayed at a lot of hotels through out the Maricopa area and this hotel was by far one of the best places I have resided.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brad P
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thanks so much for your recent visit and great review and rating! We know you have a lot of hotel choices in our area, and really work hard so that you will be pleased with your decision to choose us, with hopes that we will become the only hotel you think of when looking for rooms in Scottsdale. We look forward to serving you here again soon.
Pikesville, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Recently traveled to hot hot Scottsdale, AZ for a family wedding. The hotel was terrific, from check in to check out, no complaints. Rooms were well maintained, breakfast was really nice and the staff went well beyond to be helpful. They could not have been nicer. The next time I travel there (when its not oppressively hot) we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor with a view of the pool, its really nice especially if you have children wit...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank robird
, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
We have had some record breaking heat this summer, that's for sure. Thanks for toughing it out and making the trip to celebrate the joining of two families. I'm glad your experience at the hotel was good, and allowed you to relax and enjoy your time here. We look forward to welcoming you back when the temps are not so extreme.
USA
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Short stay on a business trip. If you're going to the Scottsdale area, it has a very good location. Hotel is very clean, rooms are comfortable and the traditional Hampton services are all there. What made this property special for me was the friendly service. Everyone I ran into had an honest smile and a "can I help you" attitude that was refreshing without being intrusive.
Public and outdoor areas were clean, fresh and welcoming. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Had a room facing the pool and garden area, rather than the noisier parking/street area.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thanks for staying with us and for posting your comments. Everyone here wants our guests to be happy they chose to stay here, and we really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Scottsdale.
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2012

From checking in, we had a wonderful experience. Jody at the front desk called our room about 30 minutes after we arrived to be sure the room was to our liking. The room was neat as a pin, and the pool was a perfect end to our long, hot day. Breakfast was excellent. There was a large group of families staying at the property for a diving competition, yet the staff never let the food run out. Even those who came to breakfast at the end of the morning had a good selection of food. We received a hand-written thank you note from the front desk with our portfolio. Housekeeping staff was also very cheerful and helpful. This is our favorite place to stay on family trips to the Valley.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room if you have kids with you.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay and nice review. Jody is excellent and inspires all of us to do our best, every day, with every guest. I'll make sure she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Valley of the Sun.