“Brilliant Hotel, lobby and rooms”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Hotel, lobby and rooms”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed in the Country Inn & Suites for three nights recently and truly enjoyed the stay, the breakfast was excellent, the wi-fi and the room were beyond question. The pool is also a lovely quiet area where we were able to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

Room Tip: Book through a website, don't expect any discounts from staff, they get a bit short if you do.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DarrellNI
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear DarrellNI,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate hearing all of your comments. Thank you for mentioning our great amenities. We appreciate all of the guest feedback we get. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Scottsdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a few days prior to a business conference. As usual at the Country Inn our experience was very good. Our room was clean and comfortable and the staff did all they could to make sure we were comfortable. They offer a free shuttle service which really allowed us to relax and have a few drinks without having to worry about driving when we went out to dinner. In my opinion, this free shuttle service alone makes it worthwhile staying at this property!

Room Tip: This is a large property so if you don't get around easy, ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Healthcoach1,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for mentioning our shuttle service. We are very happy to offer this to our guests. Thank you for all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.Thank you again, and we hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed here over Easter Weekend on a Saturday night.

Checked in just after 3 PM. The rate I got online was a Spring Baseball Promotion Package that included a Welcome Gift I never saw. The guy at the front desk was quick and efficient in getting me my room keys and he gave me a helpful map to the hotel. Plenty of parking outside.

In the Lobby area, it's true what the other reviews state about the dark carpeting-- it's not hip but it's not tattered-- only out of fashion. I found the Fireplace and other furniture functional and attractive. There is free coffee by the doorway and a bowl of candy on a coffee table. A business center is set up by the the front desk with a computer that can be used to surf the Internet. Two Elevators are available-- slow but sturdy. I opted to take the stairs to the second floor. There are three floors total.

In the room, the Queen Bed I got was big, feeling just below firm when I lay on it, with billowy numerous pillows. The LG LCD Widescreen comes with an easy to use remote . You won't have to worry about accidentally ordering a movie in your room for a crazy amount! But they do offer a long selection of fun channels including HBO FOODNETWORK ESPN etc.
There is a good sized microwave that I used for mac and cheese. I went to the KROGER/FRYS Grocery store across the street- a well stocked emporium of finer foods including sushi- dozens of cheeses and all the wine variety you can imagine. The night table has a alarm clock radio. One Tallback Wingarm chair sits in the corner and a small table with 2 chairs are provided for dining area. Plenty of outlets for laptop and phones.

Numerous other food options are available. You can walk drive or order in-- italian chinese french japanese mexican and american fare are what I saw by merely circling the block. VILLAGE INN is across the street and RED ROBINS is across the parking lot as well as MIMI'S BAKERY CAFE. I also spied WHATABURGER, PANDA EXPRESS, SCHLOTZKYS and IHOP nearby.

The bathroom has all the amenities you want and towels towels glorious towels.
A nice deep bath with well lit vanity are always a plus. But the toilet had a weak flow when I checked in that eventually became clogged. I told the front desk about it as I left for dinner.
When I returned closer to midnight the toilet was repaired but the sopping towels I left to contain the overflow were still on the floor-- still quite wet.

The rooms also come with a coffee maker that can be used for tea as well. I tried both and they tasted great with the complimentary cookies you can get at the front desk.
Air conditioner is controlled manually on a unit that is below the window. The window can be opened, which is what I did to let in the awesome night desert air, after turning off the A/C.
I slept well.

I woke up early just in time for the splendid spread I found in the breakfast pantry!! Bagels, toast and muffins with jams, cream cheese and butter. Soft Scrambled Eggs, Steaming Gravy and Biscuits, Juices and Milk with cereals and fruits. I had to eat twice to appease my appetite!!

The Hotel gave me late checkout at 2 PM which I requested as a Silver Elite member of Club Carlson. This is my second stay at one of their properties.

Over all, the Hotel is in a quiet corporate area of North Scottsdale. There are alot of newer places to eat nearby and a handy Circle K 24 Convenience store. Closer to the hotel there is a 24 hr gas station with car wash. I did see a posted sign in the hotel parking lot from Scottsdale Police warning people that a BAIT car may be in the lot at any time. Should that concern me?

The Pima Freeway 101 is next to the Hotel with easy on and off access. The Hotel is a bit far from other parts of the Valley but you can be there fairly soon by using the Freeway.

I did not use the full size ironing board nor the iron. But it can be handy. Hair dryer also went unused. I appreciated the extra pillows provided above the closet. Ice machine at the south end of the hallway worked strong and fast. Plenty of lighting in the room makes it easy to read which I also did during my stay. No noise complaints. Families with kids but no drama to report. I had a nice stay.

I made reservations for next week when my parents arrive to visit Phoenix. I feel that you can't beat the deal right now for what you get at this hotel, considering it's location. Especially the wonderful breakfast provided poolside -- which I also did not use but looked full when I checked in. I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the freeway or North to avoid morning sun.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were in Scottsdale for a wedding and stayed here. Great location, excellent breakfast, nice rooms only thing the bed were not very comfortable. Restaurants and stores were with in walking distance. The staff was very friendly. The staff really work hard to keep the breakfast supplied for the busy crowd. I would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Jegast,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. We are sorry that you feel that your bed was not comfortable. We are currently looking into that concern. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Your comments help us improve our service, so we can better serve you in the future. Again we apologize.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Sincrely,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were perfectly happy here for a 3 night weekend visit to the area. The property is close to the 101 highway so it was easy to come and go to various destinations near Scottsdale. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was adequate, and the refrigerator and microwave came in handy. We found the ventilation system annoying at night as it turns on like a windstorm for 5 minutes until the next time the room becomes warm and stuffy. We were fortunate to have a corner room so that we had many windows to open and just let in the fresh April night air which was just perfect. Many nearby restaurants are walking distance. Friendly staff. Breakfast served.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear bluespoetryman,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We hope that you enjoyed your visit to the area. We are currently addressing your concern about the cooling system in your room. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Your concerns help us improve our service for you and for future guests to our hotel. Thank you for staying with us.

Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We traveled to Scottsdale for Spring Training for the Colorado Rockies. We only stayed for two nights, and were barely at the hotel, but enjoyed our stay. We arrived late in the evening, and the checkin process was remarkably fast. We were in our room within a couple minutes. Pretty standard hotel room and amenities: two Queen beds with a nightstand, sitting chair, table and two chairs, television, microwave and mini-fridge, and pretty good bathroom. Wish the lighting in the rooms was a bit better, but no big deal. Bright Arizona sun helps brighten the room. Staff seemed quite nice. We were so busy with baseball games that we didn't even touch the pool and hot tub, but it looks like a nice spot to relax in the sun. Breakfast was included, and it had a lot: fruit, breads and bagels, cereals, oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, coffee, tea and more. Also, they had a hot breakfast each day: one day was eggs with biscuits and gravy, and next day was make your own breakfast burrito with eggs and chorizo. The proximity to Salt River Fields (about 2 miles away), and loads of restaurants nearby, made this an obvious choice for us, and we will certainly consider returning here next March.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear PaulTheTravelGuy,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay during spring training. This is a very busy time for our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. We hope that next time you will be able to enjoy our great amenities. We are really glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff.

Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you next spring!

Merrillville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We were there for CUBS spring training. Really beautiful place. Great employees. Room was superb! We'll be back next March & cannot wait :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barb B
Dear Barb B,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We hope that you enjoyed spring training. This proves to be a very busy time for us at the hotel, but we strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place for all of our guests. Thank you for your great comments. We hope to see you again next year.