“Great Stay”

Ranked #32 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Timmins, Ontario, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We just returned from a 5 nights stay at this location and I would highly recommend it! The rooms are clean and have microwaves and fridges. The staff are friendly and helpful. This hotel offers a complimentary full breakfast and you can not beat the nightly room rate. This hotel also offers a free shuttle service with 5 miles of its location. We were extremely impressed with the location and free internet services.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Chris B,

Thank you for telling us about your extended stay. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Scottsdale. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Scottsdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for one night on our way through Phoenix. Overall it was a really positive experience. The hotel was lovely, the staff friendly, and the breakfast was great. We prefer suite hotels since we have two small children.

My only complaint regards the cribs. We requested two cribs for our 22 month old twins. When we arrived at the room, there were two cribs, but neither was set up - two pack and plays were just dumped on the ground. No sheets were provided. I don't know why, but it's fairly common for hotels NOT to provide sheets (why is that?) so I travel with my own. The first pack and play I opened up was of a non-standard size, so the sheets I brought did not fit. I improvised with towels. The second pack and play I opened was unacceptable. Not only was it filthy (covered in dried baby food and full of crumbs) it was broken! I brought it back to the front desk, who apologized and sent up a replacement, but really there is no excuse for that. If the pack and plays had been set up by a staff member, the problem with that crib would have been noticed.

So in general, great stay - if the crib situation had been better I would have rated 5/5.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Museum_Maven80
ManagementTeamGMCIS, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, 2 September 2015
Thank you very much for your positive comments. Please come see us again on your next trip to Scottsdale.
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. This staff is efficient but not warm. The room was very nice & very clean! We had a long day of traveling & were extremely tired. I looked up this hotel on TripAdvisor. I would have liked to call them direct but their phone number wasn't listed. I had to go thru hotels.com. Everything turned out OK it is just my preference to deal direct. Anyway I was very happy with the room. It was clean, roomy & the bed was very comfy! The free breakfast was not fantastic but it was not horrible. The breakfast room was clean. The eggs were the typical fake eggs I didn't eat them but I did have a waffle & it was pretty tasty. The coffee, however, was not good. Everything else was pretty good. Hey, its free.

When I checked out I asked for a receipt because this is a business trip & I was told I would get one from the third party I booked with. Really? Is it that difficult to print a receipt? Exactly why I like to deal direct. Please post your phone number online.

In all honesty if I have the need to stay in Scottsdale again I would stay here. It happened to be close to where we needed to be & worked out well. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Margaret B
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us . We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for all of your feedback. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the breakfast service, and your billing issue. We are very sorry if your were inconvenienced at all. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback because, it allow us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for you time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Scottsdale for four nights in April for the Phoenix Film Festival. We live in the metro Phoenix area, but we planned to spend all weekend at the festival, and it would have been too much driving to go home every night, so we booked this hotel. This seemed to confuse the front desk staff, both the clerk who checked us in and the clerk who checked us out. That's not really a big deal, I guess, but it made me feel uncomfortable having to explain what I was doing staying at their hotel. Except for the very kind woman working overnight on Friday, the front desk staff was helpful but not very friendly. The room itself was clean, with the exception of the usual black hairs in the bathroom. I don't know why hotels don't require housekeeping staff to wear hair nets, because that's just gross. We had booked a suite which had a bedroom adn a separate living room area with it's own tv. The batteries in the remote in the living room were dead, and the alarm clock in the bedroom was impossible to set. Other than that, everything was in working order. The bed was very comfortable and we liked the room in general. The hallway smelled lovely, like flowers. My main gripe about this hotel is the breakfast room. It is much too small for the amount of people who use it, and there is no one cleaning anything while breakfast is going on. Since most peoiple these days don't seem to be willing or able to clean up after themselves, I ended up having to clean off a disgusting table so that my husband and I would have somewhere to sit on more than one morning. I also noticed several (not just two or three) ants running along the wall next to the table we were sitting at. Eeewww! The breakfast itself was pretty good, especially the sausage, which was delicious! Everything was so close together, though, and it was always so crowded and busy, that it was difficult to get to anything. All in all, it would have been a very nice stay if the front desk staff had been a bit more personable and if the breakfast room had been at least clean if not larger. I can't say whether I'd recommend this hotel or not, but I'll probably start out looking elsewhere for next year's film festival.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chiwawa4556
Dear Chiwawa,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for your very detailed review of the hotel. Thank you for telling us your thoughts about the hotel. We are very sorry if your were inconvenienced at all. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel.

BURLINGTON
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I want to send an overdue Thank You to the staff of the Country Inn and Suites Scottsdale. Our group had nothing but positive comments about our stay in early March. Every member of the staff did everything they could to make us feel comfortable. Our nightly hospitality in the meeting room was so well received that it had to spill out onto the patio next to the pool. Our event was a grand success and we would not hesitate to return to the Country Inn and Suites as our host hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BJG30711
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear BJG30711,

Thank you for telling u about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your comments. We are so glad that we could accommodate your group. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing good things about your service. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Was in town for a week long training. Hotel was clean and staff was very nice. There were some issues with the A/C being noisy but they switched rooms without much hassle. Try to get a room that does not face the interstate. Fitness room is basic but has enough to kill the guilty feeling. Pho Cao is right next door and is really good for vietnamese food as well as drinks. It's more bar than vietnamese but its perfect to watch sports/grab a drink and unwind

Room Tip: Get rooms away from the interstate and toward the rear, it can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kmarajh
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear kmarajh,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the ac in your room we are very sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

California
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We enjoyed 4 nights stay there. We had a king size suite for family with 2 teens boys. It is a relatively convenience location,just by the FWY 101. The most impressive was their staffs, from the moment we checked in, the front desk was very helpful to choose the most quiet room for us.There was a night shift staff was nice to replace the empty water tank for us.Even the breakfast team, they were quite friendly and refilled all the empty trays as soon as the food were gone.There are no charge for having WIFI, fridge, microwave, and mini sink in the suite room.These are essential for family travel with kids and much better value than staying in 4 stars hotel/resort! It is quite interesting that they don't have "divider door" for living room and bedroom in the suite. The air conditioner and the vent in the bathroom may be too loud. They do have 2.5 star amenities, the shacky bedding, single head shower,etc. Although they offer shuttle bus,they only give ride in within 6 miles which may not quite helpful in the Great Phoenix.

Room Tip: Pick the room by the side,not in the main hall way which can avoid hearing chatting in the mid of th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pkong13141
Dear pkong13141,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. Thank you for all of your comments. At the hotel we value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.