“Business Traveler”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I recently stayed at this property while at a conference in Scottsdale. I was very impressed and enjoyed my stay very much. I travel to Scottsdale at least 8 times a year for business, and Country Inns and Suites, Scottsdale has become my new home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I've stayed there three times this year and may not have been the last time. I like it. Great value, good customer service, nice rooms. What more could I ask for???? Really like the place and will likely go back.

Room Tip: I like the suites with the sliding glass doors that open to the pool. There is a little private pati...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Susanne,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel. We hope you enjoyed your time in Scottsdale. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were visiting a friend in Phoenix, and thought we'd try out the Country Inn & Suites in Scottsdale. I had a few requests, as we were traveling with dogs and we are also vegan, which were all dealt with by the extremely helpful Karla Boyles. Not only was she able to accommodate our two dogs with some prior notice, but we also received excellent advice on food shopping and breakfast, and the suggestion that we use the patio to dine with our dogs.

As a Club Carlson Gold Member, I am entitled to a welcome amenity, but in the past this had always been something non-vegan, and so I requested Karla that she didn't bother, or maybe replaced it with some fruit. To our surprise, when we arrived, we were presented with a goodie bag, containing all sorts of treats for us and our dogs, nearly all of which was vegan; Karla had clearly gone out of her way to make our stay as welcoming as possible. We also appear to have been upgraded to a small suite.

The decor is what you expect from a Country Inn & Suites, and we could find no fault with the cleanliness. The location isn't perfect, as it's sufficiently far away from Old Scottsdale that we had to drive, but for the price, which was extremely reasonable, we couldn't have asked for any more.

My only regret is that we were so busy that we didn't manage to bump into Karla to thank her in person. We would certainly stay here again in the future. I rarely give 5/5 reviews, but this one is well deserved.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Karl M,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate all of your needs at the hotel. We strive to make everyone's stay wonderful. Thank you for all of your great feedback about Karla. We will make sure that we pass this feedback on to her. We hope you all enjoyed your stay in Scottsdale. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

this hotel and the people behind the front desk i would rate "A+" tim, one of the people working the front desk, had suggestions for dining places, golf courses and things to see. not only was he polite with us, but anyone who came in was treated the same way. this location was perfect for our golfers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear AHD,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you and your friends enjoyed your visit to the area. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you all will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

First visit was in August 2013 with second and third subsequent visits in September. Stating that there were two subsequent stays at this Country Inn location should say enough in itself! Every staff member is courteous, polite, and very accommodating! They want to ensure your stay with them is going well and you are more than comfortable. The rooms are clean, air conditioner is ice cold. The continental breakfast is good, too. There is always an assortment of fresh fruit, an assortment of cold cereals and hot oatmeal. The hot breakfast menu items vary, from scrambled eggs with rosemary seasoned breakfast potatoes to a southern style breakfast of eggs, fresh baked country biscuits and gravy! There is something for everyone here! This is our third stay within six weeks and we will continue to return to this location whenever the need arises. No complaints here!

Room Tip: We prefer the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LindaR1159
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Linda,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We hope you and your family enjoyed your stay in Scottsdale. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I first visited this hotel in March 2013 when my daughter had to go to ASU. I was extremely pleased that when I decided to get my husband to visit AZ I booked another stay here for the first week of Sept. Overall I had great service. The rooms are very clean, I liked the early breakfast everyday and selection was very generous. The staff was very pleasant and helpful when we were looking for places to eat or visit. I will definitely stay here again. I feel I got good value for my money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Xann,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a great place to stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the area. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Wife had surgery near this property. Only stayed one night and was only there to sleep so can't comment on their facilities other than Breakfast which was very good. The room was excellent and bed was comfortable. The shower was one of the best hotel showers I have had. Would recommend this to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Jim D,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are sorry for the circumstances surrounding your stay. We hope that we made you as comfortable as a possible. Thank you for staying with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.