“A Fantastic Local Experence!”
Review of Blue Adobe Grille

Blue Adobe Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Adobe Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,256 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Scottsdale
Cross street: Between Via Linda & Shea Blvd.
Description: An American Grille influenced by the Town of Santa Fe, NM. Major ingredients include Pecan Wood and Hatch Chiles. Our Great Separator is an ability to deliver spice while maintaining incredible flavor. Menu items include Steak, Seafood, Pasta, Salads, Sandwiches, Pizza's and more. Indigenous foods from NM....Stack Enchiladas, Carne Adovada, Posole, Soppapillas and Rellenos, along with other Mexican Favorites. Celebrating 15 years in business. Blue Adobe "Santa Fe" Grille, A Flavorful Spice!
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A Fantastic Local Experence!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We just returned from our trip to Maui, HI and had to get back to one of our favorite local Scottsdale restaurants, The Blue Adobe Grill. We have been visiting Blue Adobe for several years now and it just continues to get better. The New Mexico cuisine is always just right, service is friendly and attentive, the meal a great value, and the live music just that something extra. Try the stacked enchiladas with the red sauce for something unique. Highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank P51rayf

Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Food and Great Entertainment”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Can't say enough about the great tasting Mexican food at this restaurant. My husband loves the stuffed chicken breast and I love the Chimichiladas. It's hard to try something new because we love these dishes so much. Love the weekend entertainment with guys strumming their guitars. Always a good time and great food at this restaurant.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived for a late lunch and really enjoyed this place .
We sat outside and even though it was hot it was very pleasant with shade and misters !
Jason our server was perfect !

Deer Lake, PA
“2-1/2 years later”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

You know how you'll find a great restaurant and can't wait to go back, only to find out that it doesn't come close to living up to your expectations? Not the case here!

I wrote a review of the Blue Adobe Grille in October 2011, calling it the best meal I'd had in Phoenix, and promising to return on my next trip to the area.

Business dictated a trip this week, and after checking into my downtown hotel and freshening up, it was into the car for the 35 minute drive to Scottsdale.

Everything was as good as I'd remembered. I ordered the Land of Enchantment platter and got a fork-tender filet, some outstanding wood plank grilled shrimp, a chicken breast wrapped in an enchilada shell, and outstanding roasted vegetables. I learned later from our server Caitlin (wonderful personality) that they have the same chef - and he's a partner, so he's pretty I likely to go anywhere.

My colleagues, wary of my proclamation, went along with my recommendation and weren't disappointed. One had crab cakes with a side if rice and beans, and the other had a burrito as big as the plate with what she called "roast beef" as the filling. No spiced hamburger meat here. They have agreed to allow me to choose the restaurants for the remainder of the trip.

I topped off the meal with an excellent crime brûlée, and the bill for three of us, including a couple of margaritas was under 85 bucks.

Mike, I promised it in 2011, and I'll say it again. On my next trip to the Valley of the Sun, your establishment is tops on my list. Despite the fact that you're a Cornhusker! Thanks for the hospitality and the chatter.

3 Thank DBC925
Michael S, Owner at Blue Adobe Grille, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Wow, I cannot thank you enough. I will stop complaining about 1982. Best of travels!
Fort Wayne, IN
“Worth the return trip just for the Moscow Mule.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Dined here in February and returned mainly because of the great Moscow Mule. That didn't disappoint and neither did the wonderful guacamole. One diner had the salmon blt and raved about it. The Chop salad was nothing like a taco salad as they claimed. The bottom of the bowl was almost like a bean soup. The salad with spinach and strawberries was ok but have had better. Service was average but ok. Surprised the restaurant was almost vacant on a Friday at 1p. Will return on my next trip to Scotsdale, just won't order a salad.

Visited May 2014