“Chips, guac and margaritas”
Review of The Mission

The Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,276 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Transit: The Scottsdale Trolley stops in three spots within less than 2 blocks from The Mission!
Description: Old Town Scottsdale’s heart is beating to a Latin drum, now that The Mission has arrived and brightened the restaurant scene. Renowned Zinc Bistro Chef Matt Carter is now cooking up modern Latin cuisine blending influences from Spain, Mexico, Central America and South America. Home made Tortillas, Arepas, and Salsas are made fresh daily and all meats are prepared on a Plancha or a grill using pecan and mesquite wood that instills a rich flavor.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

First time here. The place was almost packed at 6pm. We started with the made at your table guacamole. For refreshment, we each had a different kind of margarita. The one I had was full of fresh squeezed lime juice and was very good. For dinner we had chicken and beef tacos. They are served on a plate of three and are of very small diameter. The filling is piled high on the tortilla. The flavors were very good in both, with the chicken one being a bit salty.

I would certainly return.

There are newer reviews for The Mission

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We vacation in Scottsdale every year and had never tried here - and you bet we will be back next year! We arrived just before 5pm so had the table side guacamole (a must!) and a few drinks before ordering from the dinner menu that is available from 5pm onwards. It was difficult to choose as ever dish sounded appealing. Try the pork shoulder and homemade chorizo - quite delicious! Desserts equally appealing.
Only downside is it is simply too dark! Put the lights up just a notch and let us look at this great food you are serving - please.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Awesome atmosphere and wonderful food - think Mexican/Latin fusion. The guacamole prepared at the table was our daughter's favorite. I had the salmon - delicious! Service was great as well. This is a small restaurant so I would recommend making a reservation on the weekends. Since we visited in the summer we didn't eat outside, but they do have a quaint patio with a fireplace. The inside decor is dark and intimate feeling with great Latin music. Worth the visit and the money!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

During a recent stay in Scottsdale, I visited The Mission for dinner. This is obviously a very popular restaurant as it was "standing room only" in the waiting area/bar. I wouldn't try visiting without a reservation. Luckily the Concierge at our hotel made dinner reservations on our behalf. There was a nice little patio area out front. Not being from Arizona, I was thankful we were dining indoors. The waitstaff was very attentive and the food was quite delicious. However, I would want people to know that the portion sizes on the tableside guacamole and hand pressed tacos (what we all ordered) are more tapas sized than entree sized. By the time we were finished eating and drinking we had room for dessert which is a rarity. Desserts were quite delicious (pumpkin bread pudding and caramel bananas). The only two things I would mention is that due to the popularity you won't be having a leisurely dinner here. It is enjoyable but you may want to linger over after dinner drinks at the bar. Also, the restaurant is very dark. The server handed out flashlights so we could read our menus. I'm sure this is part of the unique decor but felt it was worth mentioning.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great food & cocktails. While we waited for our table a server brought us samples of different cocktails which I thought was a nice touch. We sat outside in the back, which wasn't as crowded. Inside was very crowded & a little claustrophobic. It had a beautiful atmosphere (the weather didn't hurt either). Our server was very knowledgable & prompt without being pushy. The only issue I had was I ordered way to much food & I could hardly move when we left... :)