“Excellent”
Review of The Mission

The Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,308 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Transit: The Scottsdale Trolley stops in three spots within less than 2 blocks from The Mission!
Description: Old Town Scottsdale’s heart is beating to a Latin drum, now that The Mission has arrived and brightened the restaurant scene. Renowned Zinc Bistro Chef Matt Carter is now cooking up modern Latin cuisine blending influences from Spain, Mexico, Central America and South America. Home made Tortillas, Arepas, and Salsas are made fresh daily and all meats are prepared on a Plancha or a grill using pecan and mesquite wood that instills a rich flavor.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was an all-around good dining experience.

We didn't have a reservation but they fit us in right around 6p.
The décor is very comfortable.
The staff are very nice and know the menu well.
The table-prepared guacamole is excellent; the elote is even better. The mahi tacos are also excellent but the chorizo porchetta is what you want to order.

Enjoy.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Mission was highly recommended by our hotel ,and as it was our last evening in Scottsdale we decided to give it a try. The tables were too close together, it was too dark and noisy.

As for the food - the guacamole prepared at your table was amazing. It was prepared very efficiently with fresh ingredients. After that it went downhill. We both ordered the fish tacos. I have never had a fish taco I didn't like. However, this was a first. We could smell them before they were even put on our table and it wasn't a good smell. Living near the ocean I eat seafood regularly and I have never had fish that tasted this bad. I really think the fish was not fresh. Both of us had to send the tacos back. The waiter was very apologetic and offered us another item. I declined but my friend selected the spinach salad which she enjoyed.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

A must go in Scottsdale. Awesome Mexican food. Always start with a Guacamole. Prepared and served at your table. Have a margarita with it. There is nothing much to say. Very good service, perfect food, nice location, reasonable prices. Reservation is highly recommended. Even on weekdays.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Mission's food and service never disappoints. It's the one restaurant where I could close my eyes and point at anything on the menu and be confident it was going to be delicious. I love going here for dinner on special occasions, or brunch on any given Sunday.

The restaurant itself is beautiful -- sexy lighting and vibrant music that add to the overall experience.

I was surprised on this last visit to see quite a few other diners eating in their bathing suit tops, cut-off jean shorts, and similar super-casual attire...on a Friday night. It certainly doesn't match the vibe of the restaurant, or the quality of their service and food. I'm not suggesting that the Mission needs to initiate a dress code; merely wondering what people are thinking sometimes when they leave the house. On a Friday night...isn't swapping out your flip-flops for your stilettos part of the fun?

If you like flavorful food, attentive service, and a full-sensory dining experience, do yourself a favor and eat at the Mission.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Absolutely lives up to its fantastic reputation. The 6 of us were all impressed at the service, atmosphere and amazing food.

We were made welcome and looked after with humour and speed. The servings are generous and every meal met with praise

Happy to recommend